Remove sniper class

Comments

• Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey let me buy a game and just sit on my f.. a.. and camp and snipe

What fun is there in that

Good thing you don't have to play the class eh??

Problem is that way too many play recon.
    Cant go anywhere without getting shot at by 10 snipers

Right.. that's what the problem is, isn't it? You try and play an objective, you're being shot at by those 10 snipers who won't go near an objective for the entire match

There is no other fix to that then to remove sniper rifles entirely.. or at least the scopes. It'll never happen because of the huge number of players that have no interest in close range engagements.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I can and do.
  • Il_Jaeger_Il
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use iron sights and play rifleman. Scopes are for sissies. It's much more fun when you get the hang of it...
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    as always **** them
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is PTFO recon viable, if so which guns are people using because the bolt action rifles suck for pushing objectives.

Model 8?
  • brazilianloser
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So many other issues that could be talked about and this dude comes in here to talk about removing snipers... hmmmmmmmm
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    +1 Snipers ruined BF 1, now we will have same with Bf V.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Is PTFO recon viable, if so which guns are people using because the bolt action rifles suck for pushing objectives.

Model 8?

Yeah, or RSC or ZH-29. All are 2 hit kill to the body in most objective zones (ZH is always a 2 hit) and quite good.

As for PTFO recon being "viable", it's pretty much only until you've got your spawn beacon set up. After that, Assault with a G43/Turner SMLE, or Support with a KE7/FG42, can do anything you can and then some (destroy vehicles, build fortifications, resupply ammo etc.).

Recon currently lacks a defined purpose for playing close to the objective other than being a beacon-bot.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The health pack also served to nerf snipers since their rate of fire is so low, as well as the chest damage that someone can take a rifle shot, hide for 1 second and heal up enough that a second shot wont kill them.

The pop and swap to side arm is also not viable since it takes too many shots to finish someone off who has healed.

All of this is relative to how deadly all the other classes became in BFV versus BF1.

Here is my solution. Just increase the max damage for all rifles < 100m or even < 150m. Dont have a OHK but make it at least 85 - 90 so that you have a higher chance of killing weak enemies as well as getting assist as kill.

And then you can nerf the damage of all sniper rifles past 150m to oblivion and I wouldnt care. Take away 6x scopes. Take away everything that promotes camping.

DICE have done the opposite. Theyve made aggressive sniping borderline impossible while promoting camping with all of their design choices.

And the problem is that they wont fix it because what the majority of the playerbase dont realize is that campers will camp no matter what. As long as the OHK headshot exists, the player who wants to get long range shots will try to get them.

The onlh person you're effecting by nerfing scout to this extent is the PTFO player. If you buff them in CQB and nerf them long range, that will have more positive effect than what they're currently trying to do
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »

Right.. that's what the problem is, isn't it? You try and play an objective, you're being shot at by those 10 snipers who won't go near an objective for the entire match

There is no other fix to that then to remove sniper rifles entirely.. or at least the scopes. It'll never happen because of the huge number of players that have no interest in close range engagements.

You sir are correct.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Model 8?

Yeah, or RSC or ZH-29. All are 2 hit kill to the body in most objective zones (ZH is always a 2 hit) and quite good.

As for PTFO recon being "viable", it's pretty much only until you've got your spawn beacon set up. After that, Assault with a G43/Turner SMLE, or Support with a KE7/FG42, can do anything you can and then some (destroy vehicles, build fortifications, resupply ammo etc.).

Recon currently lacks a defined purpose for playing close to the objective other than being a beacon-bot.

The Model 8 is okay too, but both the Model 8 and the RSC are in a weird spot right now. They're simply out-matched by all Assault SLRs at any range, suffer from lack of ammo capacities and bad drop off damage.

I prefer the ZH-29 as it's a guaranteed 2 shot kill at any range, however it's fire rate doesn't make it great for PTFO either. I mean I still use it to push objectives, but that's because I play aggressive and it's the best option Recon has.

Recon just flat out sucks unless you enjoy playing at range going for headshots all day.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    IMHO the Sniper class (whilst debatable) are not the real core problem here, but the map design itself.

So many of the maps in the release are sniper friendly it's embarrassing.

it reduces the tactical options of a map down to a game of duck hunt for long range classes.

The removal of meaningful suppression in the game just elevated the Sniper class to a new level. It's fun for those that play the class, but endlessly frustrating for those who play against it. There is literally no way to counter them anymore.

You can pepper a sniper position all day with your favourite MMG, but they can step out (no bipod or fixed position required) and ping a target hundreds of yards away with pinpoint accuracy and one shot kill them, even with bullets and explosions landing all around them

These are not player issues. People love Recon and will play them regardless. This is DICE design issues both on tactical map design and gameplay mechanics.

Cynically, DICE feel like they're chasing the COD player dollars with these decisions, but it's come at the cost of integrity to the core gameplay experience of Battlefield.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    I'm always moving, but still over 50% of my deaths are sniper. It's not about moving or getting good or any easy put down. It's just that there is so many of them and most maps are open.

Now imagine if you replaced all those Recons with Assaults, now there's a scary thought.

I can imagine it!, Mass horde just endlessly shooting at icons, while blaming medics / squad members for not reviving. Very scary!
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What they really need to do is reduce the size of the head hitboxes when people are playing recon. It's ridiculous how many times I've been headshot by someone across the map, OHK, no time to react.

If they want to address TTD, then they should look at that. Messing with how much damage recon does would kill the class, but making it harder to get OHKs would be greatly appreciated.

Another option is to enforce a server limit of 3-5 snipers
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's their choice, they paid for the game like you did. Yep it's annoying when they are hill humping but what can you do about it ?

Remove snipers and has it as a special class like in SW Battlefront and the max 2 at a time

Not realistic at all with so many snipers

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...sorry..hahahahahahahahaha. Look at this guy, complaining about not being realistic. Hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield needs a server replay like PUBG, so i can see this gameplay of the people getting killed by snipers ( Is there a Battlefield replay api like PUBG)? I bet people won't say the class needs to be removed if someone could look up why they hate it.

Also, if people do come from other titles like BR (battle royals) it would be best to leave them be. You could make them quick the game for good, and if that happens, Battlefield will fadeout. I really do hope the Firestorm BR game mode doesn't use the Battlefield name. If it does, it might be doomed from the start with it.

Go have fun, play a video game, also note, you might be getting killed because all the maps, i don't know, are massively open (blame the building feature), and what gun does well in the open?
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Model 8?

The Model 8 is okay too, but both the Model 8 and the RSC are in a weird spot right now. They're simply out-matched by all Assault SLRs at any range, suffer from lack of ammo capacities and bad drop off damage.

I prefer the ZH-29 as it's a guaranteed 2 shot kill at any range, however it's fire rate doesn't make it great for PTFO either. I mean I still use it to push objectives, but that's because I play aggressive and it's the best option Recon has.

Recon just flat out sucks unless you enjoy playing at range going for headshots all day.

Yeah, if I had access to the G43 on Recon I'd never use either of the 180-200 RPM SLR's. They technically kill quicker with bodyshots, but you get less kills per mag, drop to a slow 3hk at what seems like ~50m and have no way to improve your TTK with headshots before that.

ZH-29 with fire rate increase is generally a better pick, but has the same problem of falling behind a G43 getting headshots. IMO they could all use a OHK to the head at short range like the BF3 Recon's semi automatics, just to make them stand out a bit.

I'd be fine with the slower Bolt-guns (K98k, Krag) getting the "ghetto shotgun" OHK to the upper torso in close range back, as well. Support's Drilling is literally a Shotgun-Sniper hybrid so cat's out of the bag there, so to speak.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Battlefield needs a server replay like PUBG, so i can see this gameplay of the people getting killed by snipers ( Is there a Battlefield replay api like PUBG)? I bet people won't say the class needs to be removed if someone could look up why they hate it.

Also, if people do come from other titles like BR (battle royals) it would be best to leave them be. You could make them quick the game for good, and if that happens, Battlefield will fadeout. I really do hope the Firestorm BR game mode doesn't use the Battlefield name. If it does, it might be doomed from the start with it.

Go have fun, play a video game, also note, you might be getting killed because all the maps, i don't know, are massively open (blame the building feature), and what gun does well in the open?

Snipers are extremely weak and a non issue at least for me. Now if over half the team are snipers then theres are problem with the players themselves. I haven't seen a team in my 100hrs of game time win one match full of snipers.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    snipers are there to give you free knife kills
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recon is probably my favourite class, but I rarely play as a sniper (it's a bit boring). Even in other BF games, it's just the way I play. Give me a bolt action rifle or decent semi-auto and I'll be versatile. The throwing knives were a great addition, but they've already been nerfed and are also bugged so you can't equip them.

The one item that recon had that was made to PTFO and they nerfed it in the first patch.