Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bolt actions will never be fixed in BF5 because there's so many more bigger issues in this unfinished game.

This is so true. If the only issue with Bf V was class balance I would have some hope of it being eventually addressed. Too much is FUBAR with this game, so I'm passing this episode completely.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    More kills than you. Less deaths. And more points. I got on just now to literally play one game just to show you. I wasn't even there for the whole match.

Enfield. 3x Scope. Rotterdam. We won. First game of the day before I head off to the bars.

score-Enfield.png

Here's one particularly dirty short clip from the game. I might clip more later from it when I've got more time. Gotta go pick up a friend.

Threw the knife not really expecting to land that headshot.

Look at that, easy as, one shot and done. You did well that round too.

What are you complaining about again?

I'm loving the lee enfield with iron sights, and hitting headshots on moving targets pretty easily now too.

Bayonet on devastation is hilarious.

It's harder to use than the assault weapons no doubt, but imo that just makes it more fun.

Why don't you just use the kar98 or the krag if you want more damage to the body?

It's still not 30 or 40+ kills in a game like I can very easily do on that map, Rotterdam, as assault. Pretty much any map actually.

As recon you shouldn't be getting 30-40 kills in a game of conquest. Recon is a support role, you're doing it wrong.

From all of the clips and screenshots you've shared previously, I haven't seen you getting that many kills consistently. I mean, in one example you used as a good game in this thread, you went 13 - 9.

I do however get that many kills consistently as assault and support. More so assault than support since I haven't played support a ton.

High k/d doesn't mean jack when playing recon in this game. You should only be killing if you have to.

You're doing it wrong.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More kills than you. Less deaths. And more points. I got on just now to literally play one game just to show you. I wasn't even there for the whole match.

Enfield. 3x Scope. Rotterdam. We won. First game of the day before I head off to the bars.

score-Enfield.png

Here's one particularly dirty short clip from the game. I might clip more later from it when I've got more time. Gotta go pick up a friend.

Threw the knife not really expecting to land that headshot.

Look at that, easy as, one shot and done. You did well that round too.

What are you complaining about again?

I'm loving the lee enfield with iron sights, and hitting headshots on moving targets pretty easily now too.

Bayonet on devastation is hilarious.

It's harder to use than the assault weapons no doubt, but imo that just makes it more fun.

Why don't you just use the kar98 or the krag if you want more damage to the body?

It's still not 30 or 40+ kills in a game like I can very easily do on that map, Rotterdam, as assault. Pretty much any map actually.

As recon you shouldn't be getting 30-40 kills in a game of conquest. Recon is a support role, you're doing it wrong.

From all of the clips and screenshots you've shared previously, I haven't seen you getting that many kills consistently. I mean, in one example you used as a good game in this thread, you went 13 - 9.

I do however get that many kills consistently as assault and support. More so assault than support since I haven't played support a ton.

High k/d doesn't mean jack when playing recon in this game. You should only be killing if you have to.

You're doing it wrong.

It wasn't about KD. You really don't pay attention do you?

If recon can't get more kills and the only decent support they can provide is spawn beacons, then they're weak. You claim it's a support class, but they're not good at supporting much at all.

The literal Support class, by name, is substantially more useful. They can effectively fight on the objective. They can keep everyone reapplied. They can also very easily rack up a ton of kills each game.

I'm not doing anything wrong. You just have absolutely no idea what you're talking about nor are you the least bit useful to your squad based on the clip you shared previously that was meant to show us how it's done. Sit in a bush like that in my squad, and you're getting kicked out.

LMAO.

The 13-9 game I posted wasn't a good game, it was an average game for me after a few hours playing. The k/d wasn't important, the score was.

Recon could have only a pistol and still be more useful than most medics simply because they get a spawn beacon and a spotting flare.

Recon gets bayonet charge as well, and it is OP.

I have no problems on objectives, no problems getting top scores in games and winning; while using the worst bolt action, with iron sights, and a controller without aim assist.

What's your excuse for being bad? :D:D
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon more useful than Medic... ROFLSHMSFOAIDMT
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m getting better with it.
    I generally do much better by camping away from flags though and will go KD/2-1
    Flags bring me to close to the enemy and I have little to no chance of protecting my self.
    Revolver needs three shots to kill, and I’m usually switched off by the second.
    Rifle I’ll get one shot off and if it’s not a head shot I’ll be killed before I can reload/weapon switch. So I can’t help defend them.

I find the flare very weak.
    Spotting scope and spawn beacon seem most useful.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Dude don't even bother. Have you seen his BF1 stats? He's an average player at best trying to pose like he's top tier. He has no idea what he's talking about. He doesn't play scout and his idea of a good scout in this game is someone who camps somewhere with his spotting scope out just pointing people out for the other three classes to have fun killing.

And when accosted, you should reason with your assailant and use your words as opposed to the high powered rifle youre carrying to diffuse the situation.

After all scouts are supposed to just be there to facilitate the real players. Like the step child of the game
  • Dozerwarz_12
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Make them worthwhile in objective play instead of on hills and DICE can change thier velocities to anything they want.

So if you are going to have snipers in the game then you can't really **** about them being in the hills and sniping. This game is more of a sandbox type game than COD and the rules that apply to **** games like COD don't and never have applied to BF games.

The snipers should be 1 shot kills to upper torso, neck and head from ANY distance to keep them in line damage wise to some of the other weapons in game. Agree with OP, if they are going to keep nerfing stuff instead of fixing things the game is going to go to ****.

Just like planes and bombers in these games, the people are that **** the most about them are people you can't fly and be successful , snipers are the same.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Dude don't even bother. Have you seen his BF1 stats? He's an average player at best trying to pose like he's top tier. He has no idea what he's talking about. He doesn't play scout and his idea of a good scout in this game is someone who camps somewhere with his spotting scope out just pointing people out for the other three classes to have fun killing.

I have fun with it.
  • PEZZALUCIFER

And when accosted, you should reason with your assailant and use your words as opposed to the high powered rifle youre carrying to diffuse the situation.

After all scouts are supposed to just be there to facilitate the real players. Like the step child of the game

HaVe YoU sEeN hIs Bf1 sTaTs? :D:D:D

I think i've worked out where you guys are failing; this is bf5, not bf1, or bf4, or any other bf game and you're just a bit slow at learning new things.

Not every one learns at the same rate so i'll give you guys a pass.

Forget what you think you know, and surely stop looking at the stats, they tell you very little.

I wAnT tO bE aS eFfEcTiVe As AsSaUlT :D:D
  • Sixclicks
    Why should you not want to be as effective as the other classes? That's what propper balance is.

Otherwise you're just a drain on the team. Although, it seems you enjoy being a drain on the team.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most times I'm killed is by a bolt action.
  • Sixclicks
    Most times I'm killed is by a bolt action.

Record a game. I'm calling BS in that. Unless you're someone who stands still all the time.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, where is the love for the recon class!?
  • raptorjesus36
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    C4LIVE wrote: »
    You trying to make a Bf1 scout game again..no thanks! NERF the hell of them! (about time!)

So bfv should be an assault fest once again like bf3/bf4? No thanks, seen that crap already and got sick of it.

"assault fest"? You're high.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does this thread really 1,200 posts or did I read that wrong?

Damn there are way too many snipers in this game! Next time someone tells me that half the team isn't snipers and I'm exaggerating, I'm going to point the to this thread.

You guys are ridiculous. No offense.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think i've worked out where you guys are failing; this is bf5, not bf1, or bf4, or any other bf game and you're just a bit slow at learning new things.

Forget what you think you know, and surely stop looking at the stats, they tell you very little.

Stats tell you very little? Someone better go tell the scientists then. Let me guess. The Earth is flat as well?
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Stats tell you very little? Someone better go tell the scientists then. Let me guess. The Earth is flat as well?

I see what you're trying to do here, but the comeback was pretty weak. It's cool. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss. This was a miss.

No biggie. Just a bit more effort next time.

Carry on.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.