Weekly BF

The fighters are ruined!!

Comments

• vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    anything that nerfs planes gets a plus in my book.

so many pilots getting easy 50 - 2 stats it's ridiculous.

this game is about infantry first, vehicles second.

• WesleyF09
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »

"Planes"? Do you know what is going on?
    There are 3 types of planes, and the bomber was the one which everybody knew it needed to be nerfed, even though, they nerfed all types of planes, making the fighters very frustrating to use...
    Do you know at least the name of the "plane" you are complaining about?
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The planes feel in a terrible place right now, the fighters especially, pretty sad really.
  • Dozerwarz_12
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spanners2k wrote: »
    what about the JU88

The 50kg bomb number has been reduced to 16 and there is a delay added to their drop rate

They also put in a 25-30sec reload timer so after you hit a reloading station you have to wait 25-30 secs and reload bombs (and rockets) before they are usable.

Also to add, AA will melt your freaking face off now, kills fully upgraded bombers in 1 single pass even using your emergency repair. Oh did I mentioned that the AA will do all that before it overheats?

Also, the rate at which they drop the 50kg bombs isn't all, unless you are in a straight up dive on the target you will only get 2-3 of them even close to the mapped location. They also fall slower and the explosive radius is smaller. The rockets on the G6/spitfire no longer kills a stationary AA in a single pass so now you have no chance of stopping an AA because after you fire them you will have travel time to the reload station, the reloading cooldown of 25-30secs and then travel time back to start.

They need a PTR that is open to EVERYONE and they need to test these damn changes before they go live. They will lose customers over this they won't get back.
  • Nander0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cmon, Fighters were balanced pretty good, bombers were way of I'll acknoledge that. Dice really overdid the nerf here, when in AA you could kill fighters easily, bombers not so much but fighters yes.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Haven't tried fighters yet but Stuka is ruined too. It takes soooo long to reload. Stuka was fine. Fighters were fine. Only thing they needed to do is that zoom so we can see enemies better and move resupply stations further away. The bombers (and with bombers I mean JU-88) is what needed nerfing and not even nerfing, just reducing it's bombs by half and fix that bug where they take no damage from AA.

This non damage talk is ridiculous

Mobile AA did damage... people didn't bother to level it, and Dice as per usual listened to those morons.

Now we have planes that are useless, bombers who spend most of the game flying in circles waiting for bombs to resupply while stationary AA(unlimited ammo, and mobile AA) can still shoot across the map with increased damage.

THANKS DICE

• WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not only fighters! The whole game is at misery, Dice nailed it and broke it's own record: "How to destroy a game after the release".
  • Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Says who? You? Oh ok well if you say so 🙄
  • MadeByRockets
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a tanker/medic main I personally am glad that they nerfed the bombers, however, they didn't nerf them enough...

The spitfires and stukas to be honest never gave me any real trouble as a tanker or infantry, it was those god damn JU-88's that were DISGUSTINGLY broken to the point of not enjoying infantry/tank gameplay.

I guess I'll take the word of pro pilots that the 8x spitfire was OP. However that 1000 round to 350 rounds does seem really harsh. It should have been more like 650 rounds instead. Guess I'll never fly other than the Stuka which I have a love for.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Bagliner wrote: »
    What have they actually done? The spitfire made easy work of most enemies I found (air to air).

Spitfires 8x MG's ammo count has been dropped from 1000 to 350, plus they overheat now quickly. Also the bombs on Spitfire now have a similar replenish timer just like in bombers. BF-109's explosive rounds do less damage to bombers than before, and the damage against infantry has been nerfed.

Holy..... what...the...actual....f.....? From 1000 to 350? A 65% decrease? When I read of the decrease in the patch notes I was thinking, probably to around 800 but this? How are you supposed to play plane heavy maps like Fjell or Twisted Steel? Shoot down one plane and then be defenseless? Why did they even touch fighters at all?
    Maybe all those guys thinking they bought an infantry game had it right. DICE please!!!!!

Don't beg dude. It's a bad look. You're better than that soldier.
  • Brezzels
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Haven't tried fighters yet but Stuka is ruined too. It takes soooo long to reload. Stuka was fine. Fighters were fine. Only thing they needed to do is that zoom so we can see enemies better and move resupply stations further away. The bombers (and with bombers I mean JU-88) is what needed nerfing and not even nerfing, just reducing it's bombs by half and fix that bug where they take no damage from AA.

the stukas rear canon is more effective against plains now then the front aa gun. though the stuka aint that manouverble anymore
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »

Don't beg dude. It's a bad look. You're better than that soldier.

What?

Nope. This is not an infantry game. This is a combined warfare game. Or, to be precise, up until now it was. Apparently DICE hired a few too many formed CoD players.....

Nerfing planes was very good! Nerfing spitfire was very good, it was op as hell... First time I tried I thought it was a joke, and that it would have see nerfs very very soon...

People playing fighter pilot just want to farm kd, or sometimes bring down a annoying bomber, bur thats only sometimes. Most of the time I see only fighter vs fighter and who wins all dependant on who get behind you first... No skill at all...

I think lots of people going air with planes are ignorant as hell, and not understanding that it ruins the fun for everybody, once they go premade squad over voicechat and camp 4x planes at fjell... Disgusting to say at least...

Its good they nerfed planes... Only thing I would want to change a little was the ammo, 1000 rounds down to 350 was too harch, 550 rounds would be more fair...

Now anti-air seem to be in a good spot too, so I can see why some many are crying here... Not much to do really... Adapt and move on I guess...

"People playing fighter pilot just want to farm kd" >> You mean bombers right. They were the ones getting huge streaks and people on the ground will be even more annoyed now that fewer fighters will be in the air to take down bombers.
    Also, what is wroing with a communicating squad, even if they are all pilots? Its not like the other team can't do the very same thing. Should DICE nerf everything which allows people to have an edge when using communication and teamplay against a team of headless chickens? Make sure that no one can be any better than others through practice and set all around mediocrity as a goal?
    And Anti Air still shoots across half the map. Especially the mobile version. Why does this need so much range when it can actually move?
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the patch added a cooldown timer to the actual resupply points instead of the bombs. But i do like the limited mg ammo.
  • Hawxxeye
    5973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You have to admit that the VA and the G6 fighters were way too powerful with their upgrades compared to their alternative variants.
  • Hawxxeye
    5973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That could have been done with some SMALL tweaks and some shuffled specializations, what we got instead is ridiculous.
    You see that is the way game devs balance games with patches. Instead of a precision trim they use a sledgehammer
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    That could have been done with some SMALL tweaks and some shuffled specializations, what we got instead is ridiculous.
    You see that is the way game devs balance games with patches. Instead of a precision trim they use a sledgehammer
    It seems like total panic from DICE.
    Ju88 and spitfire needed a tweak and also the spawn delay in the beginning. But the rearm delay, changes to maneuverability to some planes and amount of ammo is just unnecessary and ridiculous. Guess they want to cater the infantry players by destroying air. The game must be in a bad stage regarding how many are playing since they thought this was necessary.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You have to admit that the VA and the G6 fighters were way too powerful with their upgrades compared to their alternative variants.

They were powerful to a certain extent. Yes. More powerful than the VB and G2, also yes. But instead of nerfing the VA and G6 to a point where you are basically better off just leaving them alone, they could have addressed the other two variants and given them an actual use. The VB was absolutely no good in air to air combat, it took ages to kill a bomber and it was outgunned by every fighter as well as the mosquito and stuka. It was a decent tank buster, but alas that has been nerfed as well now. The G2's only advantage was slightly better control, which was only marginally noticeable and for which you forego the Minengeschoss.
    Now instead of two out of four fighters who aren't capable of fulfilling a specific niche role we have four out of four fighters that have little to no advantage over other planes or the ground and very little impact on the ground game. And the specialization trees have been messed with as well. Before, if you wanted a certain level four specialization you had at least a choice between two alternative specialization paths. Now you are stuck with one fixed path.
  • WesleyF09
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But they nerfed all of them, now the VB and G2 are even more useless