Weekly BF

Flying is COMPLETELY POINTLESS NOW!

Comments

• Dozerwarz_12
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Didn't they said that AA fire is now doing more damage to bombers but less to fighters?

We did some testing today and the stationary AA can start firing and take a bomber from 100-0 even after he does emergency repair before overheating. The issues compounds from there, the bombs are weak (the way they made it sound was way less than the effect) to a point they can't effectively be used now.

And then you have to fly to a reload station and then get the bombs on board and then have a 25-30 second time frame where you actually reload your bombs before you can use them. Nerfing aircraft to freaking being obsolete because people get bombed coming out of spawn.

On every map other than the snow mountain one that all pilots want to play infantry have more kills and points. They could have achieved the goals of making them less effective without nerfing ANYTHING but won't listen to the community.
  • Pressue3lx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The knee jerk reaction that they have done to the planes is very upsetting. I ran out of ammo trying to shoot down a bomber, resupplied, went back to him and he had already repaired. He switched to his tail gun (which is still stupid? Never seen a dude leave his pilot seat to man a rear gun) so I peeled off and a ground AA shot me down in a matter of second from their spawn. Went back up and hit the AA with two solid rockets and only did 75 damage to the gunner who then shot me down. Very disappointing Dice. First the atrocity with Battlefront and now this garbage.
  • Dozerwarz_12
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pressue3lx wrote: »
    The knee jerk reaction that they have done to the planes is very upsetting. I ran out of ammo trying to shoot down a bomber, resupplied, went back to him and he had already repaired. He switched to his tail gun (which is still stupid? Never seen a dude leave his pilot seat to man a rear gun) so I peeled off and a ground AA shot me down in a matter of second from their spawn. Went back up and hit the AA with two solid rockets and only did 75 damage to the gunner who then shot me down. Very disappointing Dice. First the atrocity with Battlefront and now this garbage.

Yea we tested it out this afternoon and if you unable to kill the gunner on an AA the 2 rockets from the G6 and the 4 from the spitfire with direct hits will not destroy the emplacement. Further you have to HIT it almost directly with 2 500kg bombs to destroy it. The mine shells from the G6, direct hits with all 150 of them (down from 750) isn't enough to kill it.

One of our tests I flew a fully upgrade Ju88 in straight line at max speed over an occupied AA who waited for me to be almost over him before firing the first shot, probably 100m off the ground and he killed me so quickly I almost didn't have time to even hit the emergency repair and then melted it as well. TTK was probably 4-6 seconds from 100% +ER to 0% and was done so quickly the AA didn't overheat.
  • WesleyF09
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They messed up with the flying system, they just needed to tweaj the bombers and maybe the sputfure Machine Guns, but no, they always have to do stupid stuff to fill up the patch notes
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know, some of the regular flyboys I see around are still destroying. Just not as hard as before, they needed toning down.

Played a couple games with this dude last night: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiHiJPEohmHaNPGF22Rz3g

As usual he was topping the board with tonnes of kills and hardly if any deaths.
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is just fine with current state.

This is appropriate balance
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Are you serious. Another player here that can’t fly... there is so much Flak guns in the game for infantry to use and they are OP. Plus your tank AA DICE has made a wrong decision here actually a absolutely dumb choice . The only thing they should off changed was the spawn bombing which they have fixed. To many COD players have come to Battlefield and complained they die to much from the Air.🖕
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    About time the infantry had a way to combat pilots who just rack up kills with out being able to get put in a pinch like they they do to the infantry with out having to worry about being shot down

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Raspu71nG
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    they already got their money, they wont fix anything. B)
    all they needed to do was
    - increase aa damage against bombers
    - stop spawn killing by reducing some bombers bomb count
    - remove the bf109 G6 explosive rounds

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • parme34
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weren't you the guy that was spawn camping planes in the base last night and then landing for defense? Lol top pilot huh
  • CMON_MANNNN
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just the reloads times will get old fast.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TentMan wrote: »
    Im with OP on this one. Never in my whole gaming experience of all games have I had the fun reverted instantaneously like this. Definitely needed a patch to balance stuff out, the 109 was ridiculous for one, but you've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other.

In my case I had purchased premium to try out BF5 and was really really enjoying it, so much so I ordered a hard copy which arrived yesterday. Today, cancelled premium, returned hard copy for a refund. Plenty of other games out there.

Damn soldier. I've always been known as kind of an impulsive guy but you put me to shame. One day u love the game and buying premium. Next day u cancelling everything and returning the game.

Are u sure u aren't bipolar? No joke or troll. You seriously may want to get a professional opinion.
  • WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like a dude said: "Resupply simulator". Looks like Dice is really trying to ruin this game. BF1 took some time, but BF5 they did it very fast!
  • Sonicjohnbh
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is a poorly thought out and knee-jerk reaction to the Junker's issue. This needs to be hotpatched quick. A good fighter pilot will still win dogfights here, but as it stands now, Planes are more disconnected from the fight than ever.
  • WoooonderBoy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crying about balancing aircraft when they were blatantly abused for being overpowered. i need popcorn for this
  • Sonicjohnbh
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crying about balancing aircraft when they were blatantly abused for being overpowered. i need popcorn for this

Clearly you didn't read the patchnotes. This isn't about the Junker's being nerfed so much as the fact that they have nerfed EVERY plane in almost EVERY capacity. Read the actual patch-notes.
  • Dozerwarz_12
    edited December 2018

Abused, not overpowered. And adjusting simple game pley mechanics would have fixed all issues. The ONLY map they are OP on is the snow mountain map. Crying about good pilots crying about breaking all their planes is shallow coming from someone who can't fly. The people who scream the loudest when good players are upset about devs breaking **** are are the ones who cant play the game well EVERY time.
  • 20200sfly
    As an outsider who is not a pilot or even an expert at this game, I can tell u that u guys sound like a bunch of babbies.

Objectively, it sounds like u used to be able to fly all game and pretty much do what u wanted and now u cant. Understandably u are butt hurt, but it sounds like a lot of crying.

Just an outsider view. Carry on.
  • Sonicjohnbh
    20200sfly wrote: »
    As an outsider who is not a pilot or even an expert at this game, I can tell u that u guys sound like a bunch of babbies.

Objectively, it sounds like u used to be able to fly all game and pretty much do what u wanted and now u cant. Understandably u are butt hurt, but it sounds like a lot of crying.

Just an outsider view. Carry on.

I never flew the JU-88 past the ONE round it took to level it up fully (because it was broken), I fly almost exclusively fighter. What people don't understand here is that EVERY plane has been nerfed, some in gamebreaking ways with this update. People just see that the JU-88 has been nerfed, hear pilots complain and assume that's what they're complaining about.

If you, as infantry, had a sniper who could shoot you from outside of the playable area of the map, and all you had to counter him was a pistol with a single magazine, and you had to wait 30 SECONDS AFTER RELOADING TO BE ABLE TO START SHOOTING YOUR USELESS PISTOL AT HIM you'd understand. That is the situation planes are in right now, and it's insane.

• Task37
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought it was useless also but a guy named "LachyWan" was still wrecking us with a bomber somehow..
  • 20200sfly
    Task37 wrote: »
    I thought it was useless also but a guy named "LachyWan" was still wrecking us with a bomber somehow..

Please tell me that's you and u just hyped yourself. If so, well done.