Weekly BF

Tanks even more useless?

scubasteve454
54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Not to sound negative because I do love this game alot and have relatively minor complaints, but I thought tanks were already underpowered and panzerfausts were overpowered. But dice increased the damage of the panzerfaust? They were already a 2 shot kill towards a tank. Tanks were already giant easy targets.

Comments

• The_digital_Hal
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, the overall damage was lowered. Read the patch notes.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Max damage was decreased, min damage was increased, Devs initially called it a buff on the stream, but core gameplay designer referred to it more as a rebalance. So far from my experience I've found it even harder because I was getting disabled immediately and with nearly every hit, as they said it would, but I need more rounds to tell for sure.
  • scubasteve454
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, the overall damage was lowered. Read the patch notes.

Obviously I read the patch notes or else I wouldnt have gotten this? Yes the overall damage was lowered. But now you can hit the tank anywhere and it does the same damage. I've noticed since the patch my tank blowing up way easier than before.
  • nastyaskiwi
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like a challenge.. A tank as never been
    a frontline machine.. If you watch your flanks and destroy cover no one can get near you, all tanks get picked on when on a kill streak.. I love being a tanker.30 kills a game 2 deaths. Defending your area is is, the key
  • MadeByRockets
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, the panzerfausts finally feel okay as a tanker main. I can survive much longer even in the P4 and Valentine.

Also, get the anti stinky armor upgrade for all your tanks, that thing has saved my **** so many times now. Especially since assaults can't outright kill you with their Panzerfausts unless they get two shots from behind. So they try to rush you with dynamite only to fail to stick and do barely any damage.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, the panzerfausts finally feel okay as a tanker main. I can survive much longer even in the P4 and Valentine.

Also, get the anti stinky armor upgrade for all your tanks, that thing has saved my **** so many times now. Especially since assaults can't outright kill you with their Panzerfausts unless they get two shots from behind. So they try to rush you with dynamite only to fail to stick and do barely any damage.

Does it really help? I took zimmermit off because I found people tend to just detonate and do decent damage anyway, especially with the Tiger where you’re too slow to roll away. I have it on the 38t and can’t say it’s really saved my life all too much.
  • WinterWarhurst
    a frontline machine.. If you watch your flanks and destroy cover no one can get near you, all tanks get picked on when on a kill streak.. I love being a tanker.30 kills a game 2 deaths. Defending your area is is, the key

Well you can play as a heavy breakthrough or infantry support tank, or a flanker or sniper, and certain tanks suit this better than others. If you have a squad gunning and repairing for you and you’re running in tandem with infantry squads, you can PTFO quite effectively and be a frontline machine... However when things go south, they do so quickly, and you rarely have the time to react or escape to cover for repairs.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Admit it, you're the guy with the tank at the back of the map using it to snipe while your teammates PTO and get destroyed. I'm not judging, you paid for the game, play however you like.
  • WinterWarhurst
    edited December 2018
    skates15 wrote: »

Admit it, you're the guy with the tank at the back of the map using it to snipe while your teammates PTO and get destroyed. I'm not judging, you paid for the game, play however you like.

My largest complaint has been that whether tanks are over or underpowered, I feel encouraged to camp from afar far more than I am encouraged to PTFO. I wish it weren’t so! I mean how far can I be from a Resupply depot with the Tiger with only 18 shells and 500 rounds, and when using your emergency repair leaves you vulnerable without Resupplying it, it’s hard to stay with infantry for prolonged periods, and you are so slow that you don’t want to stray too far from that depot!
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting WAY more disables on tanks now. Which has subsequently lead to 3 tank kills tonight. Whatever they did the, the Faust seems even more lethal than before.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So "defend your area" aka camp a section of the map, I really miss how tanks were in BF4 on infantry maps you could actually defend an area but you would have to still watch out that the enemy vehicle or LAV didn't flank you from behind.

Those days are long gone now, DICE seems to have hired a bunch of amateurs.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ahhh man. You're the boner in the back of the map sniping with the tank when we need you to push into the objective and break up their defenses. Yes u will get blown up but without that push we lose.

Since guys like u are happy to lose as long as u go 30 and 2, guess how the story ends.

Spoiler - we lose.

Thanks ****.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    skates15 wrote: »

The stronger the tank, the more will play offensive with the tank. Aka PTFO. The weaker, the more will play defense.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are fine how they are now.

Sure if all you want to do is lone wolf it and rack up easy kills like in previous titles, then yeah you'll be disappointed. But it seems pretty obvious with the heavy focus on teamwork in BFV that you're not going to be very effective like that anymore.

You need infantry support. You should be pushing with your squad/team.
  • WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fact: Tiger was a incredible war machine! What Dice did? Screw up, now it's a joke.
    I already give up playing tanks and to be honest, i'm not playing like before.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sure if all you want to do is lone wolf it and rack up easy kills like in previous titles, then yeah you'll be disappointed. But it seems pretty obvious with the heavy focus on teamwork in BFV that you're not going to be very effective like that anymore.

Yeah those run and gun zergs sure are using that teamwork, don't forget about SOLO assault players taking out tanks that's the real teamwork right there, but yeah I'm sure other players are going to spend their time trying to keep a tank alive for it to get kills and not them.

Should take like 3 players at least to take out a tank they're a joke, but yeah of course you think it's fine.

It's bad that the best anti infantry tank is meant for planes, but nah that's completely fine too right?
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah those run and gun zergs sure are using that teamwork, don't forget about SOLO assault players taking out tanks that's the real teamwork right there, but yeah I'm sure other players are going to spend their time trying to keep a tank alive for it to get kills and not them.

Should take like 3 players at least to take out a tank they're a joke, but yeah of course you think it's fine.

It's bad that the best anti infantry tank is meant for planes, but nah that's completely fine too right?

It's now MUCH harder for an assault to solo a tank, the tank driver would need to be completely oblivious. And that's if you're looking at it in a 1on1 situation which should not be happening. If you're running around in a tank on your own, you're asking to get nailed.

Run with your squad or team like the rest of us. It's a team game.
  • WinterWarhurst
    edited December 2018

Not really, I’ve gone around 60-0 a couple times now and every time was me playing relatively lone-wolf (conquest, and yes I keep constant track of flags, flanks & the scoreboards to anticipate salty players dedicated to my destruction).

Infantry support doesn’t work so well for the simple fact that the Resupply depot system typically splits you up from infantry support fairly frequently, as does them heading off to flags nowhere near depots, or them getting wiped, etc. Or them simply rarely checking whether flanks are secured (I find people flank more than ever in this game whether vs tanks or infantry). This typically means despite the security of infantry support, you’re effectively often over-extending. Compounding this is the fact the maps are pretty open so this over-extension will become a scenario where you are back capped and vulnerable from the front and behind simultaneously.

Furthermore if you attack enemy held objectives the likelyhood that the enemy spawns directly behind you is incredibly high with the new multi-directional spawn system.

Whether you find tanks under or overpowered I think we can all agree that camping is a more encouraged tactic than PTFO, and that to me is a true shame. I think I can PTFO as good as, if not better than, anyone, but for your more casual player they recognise how challenging it is and it is naturally discouraged. Staying beyond effective Panzerfaust range (at least 100m) typically works, and feels, best for most.