Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.

It's overplayed bro. Too many of them. I think that's the complaint.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Recon more useful than Medic... ROFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Dude don't even bother. Have you seen his BF1 stats? He's an average player at best trying to pose like he's top tier. He has no idea what he's talking about. He doesn't play scout and his idea of a good scout in this game is someone who camps somewhere with his spotting scope out just pointing people out for the other three classes to have fun killing.

And when accosted, you should reason with your assailant and use your words as opposed to the high powered rifle youre carrying to diffuse the situation.

After all scouts are supposed to just be there to facilitate the real players. Like the step child of the game

HaVe YoU sEeN hIs Bf1 sTaTs? :D:D:D

I think i've worked out where you guys are failing; this is bf5, not bf1, or bf4, or any other bf game and you're just a bit slow at learning new things.

Not every one learns at the same rate so i'll give you guys a pass.

Forget what you think you know, and surely stop looking at the stats, they tell you very little.

I wAnT tO bE aS eFfEcTiVe As AsSaUlT :D:D

Stats tell you very little? Someone better go tell the scientists then. Let me guess. The Earth is flat as well?

I see what you're trying to do here, but the comeback was pretty weak. It's cool. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss. This was a miss.

No biggie. Just a bit more effort next time.

Carry on.

You must be an expert on missing. No wonder the objectively worst class in the game is killing you so often when those dreaded stats and numbers say otherwise.

But what are facts really? They just get in the way of the real MLG pros right?
  • 20200sfly

Dude don't even bother. Have you seen his BF1 stats? He's an average player at best trying to pose like he's top tier. He has no idea what he's talking about. He doesn't play scout and his idea of a good scout in this game is someone who camps somewhere with his spotting scope out just pointing people out for the other three classes to have fun killing.

And when accosted, you should reason with your assailant and use your words as opposed to the high powered rifle youre carrying to diffuse the situation.

After all scouts are supposed to just be there to facilitate the real players. Like the step child of the game

I think i've worked out where you guys are failing; this is bf5, not bf1, or bf4, or any other bf game and you're just a bit slow at learning new things.

Forget what you think you know, and surely stop looking at the stats, they tell you very little.

Stats tell you very little? Someone better go tell the scientists then. Let me guess. The Earth is flat as well?

I see what you're trying to do here, but the comeback was pretty weak. It's cool. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss. This was a miss.

Carry on.

You must be an expert on missing. No wonder the objectively worst class in the game is killing you so often when those dreaded stats and numbers say otherwise.

Ok, now you are just trying too hard. It's making it worse.

Like I said, it's no big deal. No one is "on" all the time. Don't compound the issue by piling on another bad comeback.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Carry on.

Like I said, it's no big deal. No one is "on" all the time. Don't compound the issue by piling on another bad comeback.

It's okay I'm sure you'll get better at some point. Then the big mean sniper won't hurt you.
  • 20200sfly

Carry on.

It's okay I'm sure you'll get better at some point. Then the big mean sniper won't hurt you.

Sigh.

Ok man. I tried to help you. I see you are "that guy".

Anyway, I did my best. Keep them coming bro. You're killing it.

(Shakes head and walks away).
  • ashar_saleem121

Carry on.

Sigh.

Ok man. I tried to help you. I see you are "that guy".

Anyway, I did my best. Keep them coming bro. You're killing it.

(Shakes head and walks away).

I don't recall anyone talking to you anyway so... bye? I guess
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is the most difficult of the load outs to use. Serious snipers only... really need to know what your doing.

BF4 and BF1 made sniping SOO easy.
    BF1 especially. You could tell this by just playing a sniper and 1 shooting fully healthy guys and getting a kill.. so easy.

I play all classes. Support is my favorite in all games, but medic/recon usually vie for attention in 2nd and 3rd. In BF1 I think my sniper took 2nd most used while 4-3 it was my medic/assault rifle guy ... especially if they had L85a. I’m not skilled by any stretch of the imagination, but hands out I don’t think I ever had really bad game as sniper in BF1.

So I can sense the frustration of snipers who are used to having it easy, fell into bad habits, and now need to relearn their class.
    I’ve been playing sniper (trying to work out recon proficiency and mastery assignments)... and yeah some games it’s rough. My bullets are slow. And invisible sometimes so I can’t always tell if the shot fell short or high, the scopes are not clear, I injure slot of people, kill only about 1/4th of the people I hit... if that first shot doesn’t kill I’m going to be lucky if i get a second chance.... so yeah. I don’t think I need more powerful guns just faster bullets. The beta seemed to give you this as a specialization ... should have kept it.
  • xOEx_Jabba81
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    It is the most difficult of the load outs to use. Serious snipers only... really need to know what your doing.

BF4 and BF1 made sniping SOO easy.
    BF1 especially. You could tell this by just playing a sniper and 1 shooting fully healthy guys and getting a kill.. so easy.

I play all classes. Support is my favorite in all games, but medic/recon usually vie for attention in 2nd and 3rd. In BF1 I think my sniper took 2nd most used while 4-3 it was my medic/assault rifle guy ... especially if they had L85a. I’m not skilled by any stretch of the imagination, but hands out I don’t think I ever had really bad game as sniper in BF1.

So I can sense the frustration of snipers who are used to having it easy, fell into bad habits, and now need to relearn their class.
    I’ve been playing sniper (trying to work out recon proficiency and mastery assignments)... and yeah some games it’s rough. My bullets are slow. And invisible sometimes so I can’t always tell if the shot fell short or high, the scopes are not clear, I injure slot of people, kill only about 1/4th of the people I hit... if that first shot doesn’t kill I’m going to be lucky if i get a second chance.... so yeah. I don’t think I need more powerful guns just faster bullets. The beta seemed to give you this as a specialization ... should have kept it.

Good post! I go with Krag Joergensen and the increased bullet velocity perk. Maybe this could help you.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the damage increase to the Enfield does this make the gun more like the Carcano from bf1.
    I can't find the stat page atm.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most times I'm killed is by a bolt action.

Record a game. I'm calling BS in that. Unless you're someone who stands still all the time.

I don't know how to stand still. It's kind of a problem.

And of course I'm exaggerating.
    Statistically, it will always be assault that makes up the majority of kills, and therefore the majority of any person's death.

But despite my hyperbolic OP. my point still stands: I have gotten killed a lot more by camping snipers in my limited time playing BFV than I did in any similar bracket of time playing BF1.

And BF1 was already sniper central.

There was a lot of grief about the sweet spot being removed, and scope glint carrying over.

And even now about the bolt action nerf.

And my only point is that despite all this, I still encounter a lot of snipers on the battlefield.

Now, just to qualify, I've mostly been playing TDM, which you would assume would feature less bolt action campers, but still has a fair amount.

Basically I'm down with anything that rewards skill, and anything that makes it harder to hit a target at range, is all good by me.

• SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s insane!
    It’s insane!

It’s played because it’s a fun and challenging role. But not because you get effective weapons, clearly the Recon rifle is the weakest weapon in the game. Playing for headshots only with single shots is a rush and has a certain appeal. If you were able to see the actual stats on kills with the various weapons though I’m certain you’ll see bolt action rifles at the bottom.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most times I'm killed is by a bolt action.

Record a game. I'm calling BS in that. Unless you're someone who stands still all the time.

Basically I'm down with anything that rewards skill, and anything that makes it harder to hit a target at range, is all good by me.

Fine, increase the recoil of the majority of non bolt actions in this game. Make them actually take some skill to use. Especially assault SLRs.
  • jaymeezy916
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I see a bunch of snipers on my team I switch class, it's no fun. But you need snipers, and if a whole team wants to play sniper they will probably lose the match, but they payed for the game. They can play it how ever they want. They spent the money on it. Wah burgers and french cries
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The bolt action rifles are extremely underpowered...

I fast scope and hit each and every enemy in close range (people have no idea the skills and reflexes needed to pull that off on console with a 6x zoom scope)... But it doesnt matter, I’m long dead before I can shoot my rifle a 2nd time, or switch to my pistol to finish enemy off...

Yesterday I put 3 bullet with my sniper from range into a medic, he just healed up and ran away... Still Its ok I get insta killed by a shotgun 25m away...

The bolt action rifle is not a 2 hit kill to the chest, its at least a 3 hit kill because of all the insta healing and bunny jumping...

Having to fire 3 shots with your bolt action rifle to kill a target (unless headshot) make them very underpowered in medium to close range... This is a fact!

Its not balanced, and anyone claiming it to be are either misinformed, has an biased agenda towards recon class, or is just trolling...

I payed 80 euro to play this game just as the support and assault players did... There is zero reasons why my class should be nerfed this hard so I cant even enjoy the game anymore...

Bolt action rifles are underpowered, and DICE doesnt care... They havent even once acknowledge our complaints... I regret buying this game, since for me there is no alternative class to play... Its not fun playing any other weapon except for the bolt action, because other weapons take almost no skill to use and then I just get boored of the game very fast...

You have Stodeh to thank for the state of the recon class... I probably hate him more then Dice right now! This is his fault...
  • 20200sfly
    It’s insane!
    It’s insane!

It’s played because it’s a fun and challenging role. But not because you get effective weapons, clearly the Recon rifle is the weakest weapon in the game. Playing for headshots only with single shots is a rush and has a certain appeal. If you were able to see the actual stats on kills with the various weapons though I’m certain you’ll see bolt action rifles at the bottom.

Rrrriiiggghhhttt...

I forgot the excuse about how all u guys play sniper because it's super hard and u want the challenge.

Nice spin bro....
  • 20200sfly
    It’s insane!
    It’s insane!

Rrrriiiggghhhttt...

I forgot the excuse about how all u guys play sniper because it's super hard and u want the challenge.

Nice spin bro....

Prove him wrong then!

Record a video of YOU playing recon with a bolt action rifle (lets say the Krag Jorgensen) and PTFO... No camping, just play the objective and use a bolt action rifle...

Also I want to see a full video of a game, and no highlights taking out the best parts, and then dont forget to show that scoreboard in the end...

Show us... If bolt action rifle and recon class so great, and no skill needed, would be no problem for you to post a video like this right!? Show us you doing this...

We had another guy trying something simular here, but apperently he ended up camping in a bush beeing useless to everyone in his team... Oh, his score sucked too obviously...

But show us now, no more empty words, just prove us wrong with a video of you doing this!

Ha ha. You want me to play the class, but only the way u dictate, which is the direct opposite of the way 99.9% of the recon players play, including the crybabies in this thread. (But not you of course).

You're silly.
  • Madein89
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hortey wrote: »
    I'd be in favor of giving recon BF1 level bullet speeds again so long as there is no area where you can 1hk to the chest.

Not in CQC where the bolt action SHOULD be a really hard weapon to use, [read: rushing a sniper should be fatal for a sniper]

Not in Mid Range where chest shots randomly just do more damage like BF1 either. It's a marksman weapon, give them good accuracy and velocity and let players decide how powerful they are.

Scout is not my main but I enjoy it occasionally, specially when playing solo. If you get hit in the chest by a sniper round you’d be torn in half at any range. That’s facts. But it’s fine lets give the benefit of the doubt to the cry babies that don’t want to stay in cover. They wannna run around like somebody lit a match on their a** spraying bullets everywhere and expect not to be sniped. Because that’s just how soldiers do it in real life, right? Ok fine, let them run around like chickens then. It’s already unrealistic enough that we have unlimited sprint and now they’re gonna go and nerf bullet velocity too? What kind of s*** show is this?

I’ve played this series since way back in the day and since BF3 I have not touched another FPS. That’s how dedicated I am to the series. DICE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THE CORE FAN BASE. Not the crybabies. No real die hard fan of the series wants sniping nerfed or gone. Every true hardcore BF fan knows how to counter snipe, they know how to move in this game and flank snipers or close the gap to take them out. It’s part of the fun, it’s all part of the challenge. If it takes your whole squad working together to take out one sniper then so be it. That’s an accomplishment. But don’t handicap the Scout class so that everyone else can have a field day because you’re creating a huge gap in what used to be a terrific series.

Nowadays most players are too lazy to go the long way around and flank. They want everything easy and handed to them, they don’t feel they should run all they way around the map to take out a sniper because they’re privilege gamers that scream at the developers to change things for them like babies throwing tantrums. Not even capable of switching to Scout class themselves and countersniping because they can’t aim for s***. So their solution is “nerf everything that I don’t like.” C’mon... Give us guns that feel like the real thing. Give us guns that enemies fear because they know how strong they can be and let the best man win. Instead we got a bunch of water guns to play with and a bunch of nerfed gun play (not just scout) and it’s getting boring real fast.
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    C4LIVE wrote: »
    You trying to make a Bf1 scout game again..no thanks! NERF the hell of them! (about time!)

Found the cod kiddy