We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Massive Semi-Auto Rifles nerf? c'mon dice..

phr91
97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As a G43 User i feel betrayed with the latest patch. (PS4, IronSight only)
The advantage of using a Semi was to perform well on long distances.
Now with the Increased Recoil, they did nerf all Semi's twice. Why twice?

First nerf, the recoil itsself in close-mid range, but its something we can learn to handle.
Second nerf, decreased fire rate by 30-40% on long distance, because you now have to wait till the recoil is "over" to let fire the 2nd/3rd shot to make sure to land it.

What's the Point now of using a semi anymore, if they don't outperform the other assault automatic rifles clearly on long distances?
Semi-users allready had a massive disadvantage in close quarter combat to every auto weapon (of medic, support), the performance on long/very long distance was the reason to play it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• y_j_es_i
    261 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They nerfed them a bit much but G43 was ridiculously effective at 150m+
  • AlexdeF1
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't read anything about a nerf on the Gewehr 43 in the patch notes?
  • naitch44
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't recall seeing anything in the patch notes about the G43? :/
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    They nerfed them a bit much but G43 was ridiculously effective at 150m+

I’m glad that got a nerf then. At that range your more affective than a Sniper
  • phr91
    AlexdeF1 wrote: »
    naitch44 wrote: »

"Decreased sustained fire accuracy of assault rifles while aimed and moving."
    silent, but BIG FAT nerf! -.-
  • Hawxxeye
    2619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    phr91 wrote: »

So the assault needs to now chose between dodging and shooting instead of doing both.
  • mav_smileyface
    1076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    What are you on about I have just reread all the notes Nowhere does it say anything about increased recoil on any SLR only STG and 1907

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20181205-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_1_Overture_Update_12052018_FINAL.pdf

Please show me where it says anything about an SLR nerf way I see it they’ve been buffed!

All they’ve done is slightly decreased the accuracy of sustained AKA spam fire whilst ADS and moving

This isn’t a nerf at all just means you gotta be a tiny bit more clinical with your shots probably outside 50m
  • y_j_es_i
    261 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are you on about I have just reread all the notes Nowhere does it say anything about increased recoil on any SLR only STG and 1907

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20181205-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_1_Overture_Update_12052018_FINAL.pdf

Please show me where it says anything about an SLR nerf way I see it they’ve been buffed!

All they’ve done is slightly decreased the accuracy of sustained AKA spam fire whilst ADS and moving

This isn’t a nerf at all just means you gotta be a tiny bit more clinical with your shots probably outside 50m

How’s that?

And are you sure the STG’s recoil got nerfed?
    If it did then the Volk might be better
  • crabman169
    12631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Geez people, ARs are not the semi-autos. Nothing has changed for the G43. They only tweaked the SIPS of the three automatic rifles in the assault class. SIPS is a stat that semi-autos like the Gewehr 43 do not even have.
    Read the notes carefully or go to symthic.com, just inform yourselves.

This.
  • xFEARtheSHIELDx
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It may not be protocol to moderate threads that are outright lies, but I really think it should be. No one actually reads the facts that directly refute the OP, they just read the title and maybe the first half of the OP, post about how DICE are clearly sqawns of Satan whose only goal is to ruin their lives, and then run off to other threads/forums/irl friends to spread their blatant misinformation.

@lolgoturtags , what is your opinion on threads that are purposefully misleading, or outright lies that are easily disproven, being locked?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Geez people, ARs are not the semi-autos. Nothing has changed for the G43. They only tweaked the SIPS of the three automatic rifles in the assault class. SIPS is a stat that semi-autos like the Gewehr 43 do not even have.
    Read the notes carefully or go to symthic.com, just inform yourselves.

This. Absolutely nothing has changed for semi-autos.
  • phr91
    mh, okay, i may missunderstood something as english isnt my native language.
    but then why the heck the weapon feels so different? it has definetly more recoil/is less accurate than pre patch.
    i only played G43 since release, and after 10h of played time i have had like almost every round a 3-4 K/D with >40 Kills.
    Yesterday i wasn't a threat to enemys on distance, because increased recoil! i play every day guys, it cant be me.
    don't you think it could be a bug or not intended recoil increase?
  • VincentNZ
    732 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is good of you to come back here. I would say if you are doing worse today than yesterday, then this is likely anecdotal evidence or confirmation bias. Like you thought something got changed, have a few bad rounds or duels, and confirm yourself in the assumption that something has changed. You most likely have a bad day, or the patch changed something else that throws you off (for me today it feels like they did something to the graphics because I have a hard time identifying targets).
    I went and checked the stats yesterday after I saw the thread and indeed nothing in the extracted game files show any changes made to the Gewehr 43. I would really advise everyone to go onto symthic.com and have a good read of the current stats, to understand the mechanics and monitor changes for yourself.
  • GrizzGolf
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you still one hit kill with it?
  • crabman169
    12631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    but then why the heck the weapon feels so different? it has definetly more recoil/is less accurate than pre patch.
    i only played G43 since release, and after 10h of played time i have had like almost every round a 3-4 K/D with >40 Kills.
    Yesterday i wasn't a threat to enemys on distance, because increased recoil! i play every day guys, it cant be me.

It's not increased recoil or any of that.

Dice removed auto rotation from console; that's what you are noticing
  • Aircool_212
    496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm sorry, but that's a positive for me. Being able to move and fire accurately is a significant and unfair advantage. You want to fire accurate shots? Make yourself into a stable firing platform by kneeling or going prone. Want to avoid getting shot? Run fast S patterns. At the moment, ADAD spam is as bad as it ever was, especially with the 60% ADS Movement upgrade. Currently, you can make yourself hard to hit AND fire accurately. So instead of using cover to pop-up and take shots whilst dashing short distances from cover to cover, or risking getting shot yourself by kneeling in the open to take a necessary shot, you can just stand out in the open, spam ADAD and shoot with impunity.
  • Piotrek1983pm
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

you are completely right! ads while moving for those has changed a lot, I have noticed it myself, I have checked the notes after your post and now I know what has changed! I still use smle turner though!