Anyone get any WW2 vibes at all?

Comments

• suffice_ls
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    the problem is that the majority of the playerbase wouldnt support the changes that would turn this game into a more immersive/realistic ww2 experience. They have to keep a balance between casual solo play, competitive squad play, and what some would cal 'milsim' type things. imo, the biggest problem with this game is that they try to appeal to too many people at once.

This has nothing to do with gameplay mechanics. Being able to customise your character into looking like a half cyborg viking black chick whilst fighting as the Germans has zero impact on, say, gun/vehicle/map balancing or any other gameplay mechanic or dynamic.

The only thing that it does have an impact on -- and, as 99.9% of this entire thread indicates, it's a TERRIBLE impact-- is the WW2 theme. The difference between authenticity and realism is a slightly blurred one that does tend to shift in meaning depending on context, but in the context of this WW2 video game, and certainly in the context of this thread, the two words are not to be used interchangeably..........................unless of course you're just blindly trying to defend your game but don't have solid, tangible enough grounds upon which to do so.

NOTE: I'm not using words like "you", "you're" and "your" here as indication that I'm referring strictly to you as in: you, fakemon64 -- But rather "you" as in "anyone".
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from the vehicles, which DO have distinguishable Axis/Allies characteristics, I can literally never tell whether I'm playing/fighting against the British or Germans.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is a modern warfare version of WW2, ala Battlefront II. Some of you know what I mean.
  • StormSaxon
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There are no half cyborg Viking black chicks on either side.
    TheGermans are all white.
  • Sixclicks
    5008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not really. Sometimes from the sound of a diving Stuka I guess.
  • Naitrael
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not WWII Game, it's Battlefield with a WWII-Backdrop, same formula as before and before that. Why would one expect that? It's very immersive and feels like a Battlefield game.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sounds of screeching wamen are immersive, just not for WWII.

I gave you an up vote because u tried, but "screeching" was an unfortunate word choice. Makes u sound like a serial killer.

Suggested edit - moaning

P.s. Please tell me you're not a serial killer.
  • TropicPoison
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naitrael wrote: »
    It's not WWII Game, it's Battlefield with a WWII-Backdrop, same formula as before and before that. Why would one expect that? It's very immersive and feels like a Battlefield game.

Um nah that's just your opinion, just like imo this game has no feel of a WW2 game at all not even in name only because V for whatever damn reason.

Real annoying people lately trying base their opinions as fact instead.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No WWII vibe at all for me. It's missing all the iconic WWII battles; the German uniforms are missing all the insignias.
  • Naitrael
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Naitrael wrote: »

Um nah that's just your opinion, just like imo this game has no feel of a WW2 game at all not even in name only because V for whatever damn reason.

Real annoying people lately trying base their opinions as fact instead.

Well, read again, I didn't claim BFV had the feel of a WW2 game.

Immersion is an effect describing the technical quality of providing the feeling of being physically present in a virtual world and has nothing to do with the authenticity of the content experienced or something like that.
    And on a technical level, Graphics, Sound, Input I would argue that this is one of the most immersive games.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We got laser-like automatic weapons, pointless infantry bolt-actions, tanks made of paper, troops running like they're laced with amphetamines (ok, that's accurate I guess, but you see my point), maps with very little in the way of historical character (change a few decals and cars and they could be in any modern shooter), plus the notorious diversity hammering which I didn't think would bother as much as it does.

Agree with you very much here. When immersed in Battlefield games of the past I would dream of these guys re-doing Vietnam or WW2 and here we are; and no - there is not a WW2 vibe. I don't feel very 1940's when I'm running around on a map.

The fast paced meatfest on some of these maps feels very far away from the Conquest in Battlefield I know. Just everyone running to a choke point and staying there, constantly dying and respawning, then run back as fast as you can and do it again, wtf.
  • friendlyscope
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    20200sfly wrote: »
    The sounds of screeching wamen are immersive, just not for WWII.

I gave you an up vote because u tried, but "screeching" was an unfortunate word choice. Makes u sound like a serial killer.

Suggested edit - moaning

P.s. Please tell me you're not a serial killer.

I voted him up too, but I think the word is right on the mark, moaning ? Well that would've been suggestive :P When they get shot (women), they do really screech. And tbh it makes me a bit uncomfortable, (and I'm used to all sorts of **** through my job), but sounds of women in pain all around me while I'm playing a WWII game,.. I don't like it. That's why I stay mostly in my Tiger and rather listen to my Maybach pur.. and when my 88 kills something, only the silence and smoke remains B)
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • mitchpic
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would have been better if the maps were created and based around real operations from WW2, forgive me if some may be, but I gather they are not.
  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mitchpic wrote: »
    It would have been better if the maps were created and based around real operations from WW2, forgive me if some may be, but I gather they are not.

Narvik is kinda real. It was a British invasion from the sea though instead of the air to try to stop the Germans invading Norway. The Germans lost a lot of their Destroyers in the Norway campaign.

Rotterdam and Devestation is real.. The Germans bombed the **** out of Rotterdam when the Dutch refused to surrender.

Hamada is a funny one as the Germans weren't in Africa in 1940..The Africa Korps never started combat operations until March 1941.

Arras was a real battle in Northern France when British and French armoured units counter attacked the Germans heading towards the French coast. British tanks pushed 10km into the German lines before being stopped by 88mm guns used against the Matilda II tank.
  • mitchpic
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Narvik is kinda real. It was a British invasion from the sea though instead of the air to try to stop the Germans invading Norway. The Germans lost a lot of their Destroyers in the Norway campaign.

Rotterdam and Devestation is real.. The Germans bombed the **** out of Rotterdam when the Dutch refused to surrender.

Hamada is a funny one as the Germans weren't in Africa in 1940..The Africa Korps never started combat operations until March 1941.

Arras was a real battle in Northern France when British and French armoured units counter attacked the Germans heading towards the French coast. British tanks pushed 10km into the German lines before being stopped by 88mm guns used against the Matilda II tank.

Hey ,nice one for letting me know this.

• TheyHaveScissors
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, not here. DICE managed to kill off a great deal of authenticity. *kills a british soldier running with STG44 that yells in a female high pitched voice with a blue smurfface*
  • Khronikos
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean it is barely WW2. Sometimes I feel like we are just playing outside on some cool looking maps in a modern setting. They did the naturalistic style pretty well, and the city maps have a decent look to them.

It feels like WW2 in some ways, but obviously it does not have the iconic battles.
  • suffice_ls
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

My grandad fought in North Africa under then Field Marshal Jan Smuts against Rommel's Afrika Korps -- Useless info, but I felt obliged to share.