Why nerf the Mosquitto?

Crazymoooseman
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
For those unaware, the high altitude package no longer goes down to the 4x 20mm auto cannons but instead only to the 2x 50 cal guns.

I know the mosquitto isn't popular but it was one of my favorite to fly and the use of the high altitude package is THE ONLY WAY to consistently shake a fighter off your six. Bear in mind it has no rear turret like other bombers (I consider it a fighter bomber).

What you do with the high altitude is you get a fighter to chase you straight up into a stall, if they didn't have high altitude (not sure which german fighters do) they would stall out before you and as you did a flip right as you stalled you would turnover and be able to come back down on the stalled out fighter below you, turning the tide.

Without this, there is no reliable way to turn the tables on an enemy in pursuit, the light weight package may make you more manueverable but not as manueverable as a fighter so it's utterly worthless and the 2x 50 cal is it's own separate weapon and not linked in with the 4 existing lmgs making it very weak. So it's a worse choice in general to the 4x20mm autocannons.

My point in all this is that I felt the mosquitto filled a unique roll between being a fighter and a bomber but now it is crippled since choosing the 4 x 20mm cannons will mean there's no way (and it's a 50/50 chance you'll reach the stall before getting shot down to begin with) to turn the tables on a figher.

Why was this necessary? There's no point to the mosquitto now and you may as well fly blenheims as you'll be better able to defend yourself from fighters given the turrets. Why do hate fun DICE?

Comments

• WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They will nerf everything! Looks like they are asking people to stop playing this rubish.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For those unaware, the high altitude package no longer goes down to the 4x 20mm auto cannons but instead only to the 2x 50 cal guns.

I know the mosquitto isn't popular but it was one of my favorite to fly and the use of the high altitude package is THE ONLY WAY to consistently shake a fighter off your six. Bear in mind it has no rear turret like other bombers (I consider it a fighter bomber).

What you do with the high altitude is you get a fighter to chase you straight up into a stall, if they didn't have high altitude (not sure which german fighters do) they would stall out before you and as you did a flip right as you stalled you would turnover and be able to come back down on the stalled out fighter below you, turning the tide.

Without this, there is no reliable way to turn the tables on an enemy in pursuit, the light weight package may make you more manueverable but not as manueverable as a fighter so it's utterly worthless and the 2x 50 cal is it's own separate weapon and not linked in with the 4 existing lmgs making it very weak. So it's a worse choice in general to the 4x20mm autocannons.

My point in all this is that I felt the mosquitto filled a unique roll between being a fighter and a bomber but now it is crippled since choosing the 4 x 20mm cannons will mean there's no way (and it's a 50/50 chance you'll reach the stall before getting shot down to begin with) to turn the tables on a figher.

Why was this necessary? There's no point to the mosquitto now and you may as well fly blenheims as you'll be better able to defend yourself from fighters given the turrets. Why do hate fun DICE?

There was also no good reason for the massive sledgehammer nerf to fighter planes. DICE did it anyway. I have seen some very weird "balancing" DICE has done in the past to its games, but this one is a total winner.
  • Crazymoooseman
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [/quote]There was also no good reason for the massive sledgehammer nerf to fighter planes. DICE did it anyway. I have seen some very weird "balancing" DICE has done in the past to its games, but this one is a total winner. [/quote]

I'm actually ok with ammo reduction, especially for fighters, I think it will make dogfights more interesting given there's a chance you could run out of ammo. But this nerf makes cripples an already difficult to use plane

• H8mEx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There was also no good reason for the massive sledgehammer nerf to fighter planes. DICE did it anyway. I have seen some very weird "balancing" DICE has done in the past to its games, but this one is a total winner. [/quote]

I'm actually ok with ammo reduction, especially for fighters, I think it will make dogfights more interesting given there's a chance you could run out of ammo. But this nerf makes cripples an already difficult to use plane

[/quote]

The ammo reduction is the smalles issue...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168023/the-fighters-are-ruined#latest
  • Hawxxeye
    6343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What I do not understand is why there are not representatives of DICE to talk these things out with us.
    The patch notes document directed people to come to these here forums to give feedback but we do not get any feedback for our feedback here.
    Always this thing happens https://youtu.be/9rmjcfAmU58?t=167
    The mosquito is the most vulnerable plane in the game with the bomber turning speed and the lack of a rear gun.
  • Crazymoooseman
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    What I do not understand is why there are not representatives of DICE to talk these things out with us.
    The patch notes document directed people to come to these here forums to give feedback but we do not get any feedback for our feedback here.
    Always this thing happens https://youtu.be/9rmjcfAmU58?t=167
    The mosquito is the most vulnerable plane in the game with the bomber turning speed and the lack of a rear gun.

I'm actually curious to see some details on the mosquito, I think it has a better turning speed than bombers and it may have a better climbing rate than fighters (very skeptical of this though it would be really cool/make sense with it's two engines)
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is almost as strange is that the Stuka seems to have gotten "Bomber Armor" so it is harder to down than a Fighter, as it is supposed to be used more like a bomber, but nowhere do it say anything like that for the Mosquito?

What is the ammo capacity for the 4x20mm now?

From the patch notes: "Changed the Stuka damage model to be closer to bombers, to improve its survivability vs. most forms of damage, and strengthen its intended ground attack role. ."

Nothing in the notes about the Mosquito, apart from the general "we nerfed all planes".
    Though to be fair, the Stuka did need a survivability buff.
  • llkundacill
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KriegVonX wrote: »
    They will nerf everything! Looks like they are asking people to stop playing this rubish.

The idea, anything can help or make or support huge kill is being removed from the game. the game will end up with hand fight only... 🤣🤣
  • Crazymoooseman
    Noromiz wrote: »
    What is almost as strange is that the Stuka seems to have gotten "Bomber Armor" so it is harder to down than a Fighter, as it is supposed to be used more like a bomber, but nowhere do it say anything like that for the Mosquito?

What is the ammo capacity for the 4x20mm now?

From the patch notes: "Changed the Stuka damage model to be closer to bombers, to improve its survivability vs. most forms of damage, and strengthen its intended ground attack role. ."

Nothing in the notes about the Mosquito, apart from the general "we nerfed all planes".
    Though to be fair, the Stuka did need a survivability buff.

They reworked the tree so that if you choose the high altitude perk (necessary to perform high altitude reversal, see OP) then you can't choose the hispano cannons, which sucks because then you have to choose the 2x50 cal or the rockets.

Choosing the hispano will mean you can't get high altitude which means there is absolutely no way to shake a fighter on your tail.