** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• Xbon
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    is it confirmed a bug? Because this is something that should happen. Otherwise radar is useless and only works for recon... And besides, when you die, camera pans to who kills you, it saves the time of telling your squad the location of the person who just killed you.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xbon wrote: »
    is it confirmed a bug? Because this is something that should happen. Otherwise radar is useless and only works for recon... And besides, when you die, camera pans to who kills you, it saves the time of telling your squad the location of the person who just killed you.

The kill cam actually works for you? It is totally bugged and useless.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No, it’s stupid.
  • Skitelz7
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    HuwJarz wrote: »

It's not bugged. It's supposed to be like that.
    It points in the direction of who killed you and I'm pretty sure it also shows their blurry red sillouete. I think it's already too much.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

It points in the direction of who killed you and I'm pretty sure it also shows a red blur of the area they are. And I think it's already too much.

It red highlights them for a second or two so you aren't doing a BF4 where you stare at an orange highlight the entire time or BF3/hardline where you shoulder chase them.

It would be longer it's just interuppted by the downed mechanic which personally I prefer especially in a communicating squad as you can keep an eye out for your saviour so they don't get murked bring you back into the fight
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've got a horrible feeling that it was an intentional bug to give some players a support crutch for the lack of spotting which makes the game more difficult (albeit better). The removal of spotting is one of BFV's positive aspects, but this bug needs to go away RIGHT NOW!

I get the sense that - for some reason - the feedback from the Beta was 'this game is too hard so I won't buy it' so they've tweaked and rigged the gameplay.

The game would be great if they concentrated on squashing bugs and fixing gameplay issues because there's so many of them. I think the game would also have benefited from asymmetrical weapons. For a start, it would help the player connect with the faction they were playing, and secondly, it would allow the weapons to actually have some individuality instead of the homogenised rubbish we have now.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've got a horrible feeling that it was an intentional bug to give some players a support crutch for the lack of spotting which makes the game more difficult (albeit better). The removal of spotting is one of BFV's positive aspects, but this bug needs to go away RIGHT NOW!

I get the sense that - for some reason - the feedback from the Beta was 'this game is too hard so I won't buy it' so they've tweaked and rigged the gameplay.

The game would be great if they concentrated on squashing bugs and fixing gameplay issues because there's so many of them. I think the game would also have benefited from asymmetrical weapons. For a start, it would help the player connect with the faction they were playing, and secondly, it would allow the weapons to actually have some individuality instead of the homogenised rubbish we have now.

They already confirmed that internally it's fixed so we will get it in the next patch/update or maybe even server side update.

Also you the player have total freedom to make your factions use more accurate gear; I personally do it because that what I like doing plus you get to use more weapons
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It points in the direction of who killed you and I'm pretty sure it also shows their blurry red sillouete. I think it's already too much.

You mean the camera is designed to pan round underneath the map, or inside buildings, or in the middle or the scenery so that you can’t understand where you were shot from at all.

That’s one great feature. I’m seeing that as a great improvement over that system we used to have that actually worked.

Why didn’t they just reuse the BF1 killcam concept and if it was too long, just display the killcam for less time?
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind how the kill cam works now but I wish they would keep the kill card up the entire time you are waiting to be revived. I miss not seeing who killed me and what weapon they used. The kill card goes away in about a second now.
  • mresla
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmmm.....It's not on the known issues list.
  • ElliotLH
    6733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mresla wrote: »

If you're prepared to scroll through the AMA on Reddit they talk about it there at least.
  • theONEFORCE
    mresla wrote: »

Its been addressed multiple times by the lead devs. There even was a thread about it in their Reddit AMA yesterday. They either have to remove it this point or take a stance on why it needs to stay. Based on the Reddit AMA it sounds like most of the feedback they have received about it is negative.

I think the problem causing some confusion is that one dev keeps flat out saying it is going to get thrown in the dumpster and the other one keeps taking more of a corporate approach with the "We're investigating its removal" jargon.
  • mresla
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "one dev keeps flat out saying it is going to get thrown in the dumpster and the other one keeps taking more of a corporate approach with the "We're investigating its removal"

This is a problem if they aren't speaking internally to one another.

• Nij4m
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is beyond stupid. If i get spotted by flares or a sniper while flanking im totally fine with that, but beeing "visible" for the whole enemy team because i had to kill a guy that is defending the flank? No, i have no words for that. It seems like they want a fast paced K/D infantry shooter on chokepoints instead of that many options we had in all other BFs.

This is not my BF anymore.

I'm playing since BF1942. I have around 10 000h combined on all of them (except BFH, i hate that one) but i think i will quit this game rather sooner than later. It has it moments, but i feel like i have to play a gamestyle they want me to play, instead of giving me options.

• BaronVonGoon
    6222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I just play like it's BF4. Once you adapt to it you play better. Just bait people. It's work very well. Kill one guy move 10 metres away behind cover and a few enemies will come to investigate the location of the red ping.

Depending on the location you can do some damage. Suppose it's a small room where whoever comes to investigate will be in the confined space, If you drop dynamite in the room you can take out several enemies if you're lucky.

And I play solo. Many of you guys who play in parties, you can bait enemies and kill them in loads.
  • Skitelz7
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You mean the camera is designed to pan round underneath the map, or inside buildings, or in the middle or the scenery so that you can’t understand where you were shot from at all.

That’s one great feature. I’m seeing that as a great improvement over that system we used to have that actually worked.

Why didn’t they just reuse the BF1 killcam concept and if it was too long, just display the killcam for less time?

Because the BF1 killcam was made for noobs and this game is taylored towards the more hardcore players.
    And you're exaggerating about the BFV killcam being buggy, and the game was just released. It will get better with time.
  • WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice alert for noobs :D I wonder if it's possible to get worst.
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    phr91 wrote: »
    well, i didnt notice. but its good as it is!
    dont want to hear more crying about "buhuuuuu i cant see enemys" even more than in current state.
    they should leave it as it is.

So everyone's recon now..
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Naskoni wrote: »
    Can confirm. Explains a lot of "funny" moments. This is a critical bug and needs to get fixed ASAP.

Really kills breaks the purpose of the recon.
  • HuwJarz
    Because the BF1 killcam was made for noobs and this game is taylored towards the more hardcore players.
    And you're exaggerating about the BFV killcam being buggy, and the game was just released. It will get better with time.

Wow - so you acknowledge that it is bugged with the excuse 'it has just released'.

I'm sorry. I paid 80GBP for this game., The last game had a functional kill cam. Like I said before, they could have used the same mechanism and shown it for less time (so it was less 'nooby') than recreating the wheel, messing it up and charing AAA premium prices.

I really don't understand this argument. The crux is that the hardcore community don't want anyone to see anyone on a kill cam at all? Here is another idea - why don't we just have a hardcore model with no killcam, and super fast TTK and TTD. Let then the hardcore players play hardcore. Let the rest of the community (who are leaving the game franchise in droves) have a fun game with a functional kill cam.

I anyone thinks that this game which has been designed for the hardcore community is a success, then I'm sorry, but you are totally deluged. This sales disaster has the potential to bring down the entire franchise and DICE.

TLDR: DICE broke something that wasn't broken, The could have just reduced the time that you saw the cam. But no. Its ok to have a buggy mess instead. Apparently. Coz it's 'hardcore'