We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

BFV is a huge downgrade from BF1

Comments

• CedarOfLebanon
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not understand what people like in Battlefield V, it is the worst Battlefield game ever released.
  • SilkWildey
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not understand what people like in Battlefield V, it is the worst Battlefield game ever released.

This is a very small group of people on the forum, but you have a lot of the real die hard fan boys on here.

We will have to wait and see the sales/player count to know how much it's really liked.
  • FF_smart27
    1938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    About the no mortar, equip the PIAT and look at the big map....ta-da
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't make my mind up with it. One minute I think it's cool then a series of stupidly annoying things will happen which change my mind. I LOVED BF1. Was my favourite game for the entire duration it was out. I'm not sure i'll enjoy this as much as that. I'm not gonna make my mind up until there's been a couple of patches and see how it plays out.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V is a battle royale game.
  • digga11
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SilkWildey wrote: »

This is a very small group of people on the forum, but you have a lot of the real die hard fan boys on here.

We will have to wait and see the sales/player count to know how much it's really liked.

Hit the nail on the head there buddy.
    Back when bf1 dropped in and people were having hit detection issues all the dicettes told people it was there internet at fault, we’ll in some cases it might have been but not on the scale it was been reported and most decent old school gamers know the crack with their connection. You gotta give them 10 points for the love in really.
    The point is i wouldn’t be here if I didn’t like the bf franchise and I don’t mind been shown a different direction or evolution but present me with a workable product for my money.
    When the proverbial hits the fan fix the issues that are causing the uproar and worry about the bells and whistles later.
    Listen to your paying customers not the people you are paying or sponsoring or the crack licking tryhards.
  • brizzlerizzle4
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 4
    Aurkonungr wrote: »
    Reasons:
    1.No Behemoth which was very fun to play.
    2.Tanks are not really tanks and infact they are nothing but moving papers that gets destroyed by a single assault player with nearly no effort at all.
    3. BF1 had better graphics.
    4. Bf1 had a better and more friendly UI especially weapon customizations.
    5. No mortar.
    6. Ammo limitations.
    7. Vehicle limited repairs.
    8. Horrible server browser.
    9. Horrible revives.
    10. No vote map. Which may probably be implemented later in the game.

To be fair the only thing BFV has better than bf1 is the fact that there is no bullet spread like implemented in BF1. Other than that the game lacked the WW2 feeling and was not as fun as BF1 for me.

Damn you cant increase your K/D anymore. Is that why you hate BF V?

Tanks are literally useless in bf5. They sit in one damn spot near a resupply crate launching missles into the distance like wankers. the missles do no damage.
    I was #1 can/us on xbox one for tank driving for a while Gamertag... TheTankPuss ... except i was able to drive the tank into battle and risk getting blown up because it could actually kill infantry.

as it stands right now, bombers and infantry warfare. tanks play no role in any match. they dont change the pace of the game we all used to enjoy playing. they are literally paper sheets.

I am still in the top 1% of bf1 aswell for tanks. take a look. Its because it actually brought skill to the game. Right now 1 assault class can just prone behind a baracade and kill a tank with like 3 rockets. i know this is true because i do it all the time.
  • llkundacill
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you listing the positives or the negatives?

the negatives from playets perspective who paid for the game, not from people's perspective who got paid to play, promote and polish the trash game!!!
  • thamac15
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was very fun straight from launch day to present day. BFV can be a lot of fun but the visuals are nothing compared to Bf1. Very buggy game, way too many issues now that I’ve played the living crap out of it.

Will it get better? It’s already boring
  • digga11
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thamac15 wrote: »
    BF1 was very fun straight from launch day to present day. BFV can be a lot of fun but the visuals are nothing compared to Bf1. Very buggy game, way too many issues now that I’ve played the living crap out of it.

Another good post, I can identify with bf1 it made me keep coming back for more bfv doesn’t and seems like a downgrade in too many directions tbh.
  • Dral13
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know plenty of people who hate BF1 and love V. I think it really just comes down to which type of gameplay you enjoy.

IMO 1 is the worst in the franchise, if V was not out with all my friends playing it I would be back in 4.
  • SilkWildey
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    thamac15 wrote: »

Another good post, I can identify with bf1 it made me keep coming back for more bfv doesn’t and seems like a downgrade in too many directions tbh.

Exactly how I feel, I haven't played since RDO came out and I just have no desire to go back and play....in BF1 I couldn't put that game down.

It's BF1, with all the epicness, fun and atmosphere taken away in favour of trying to make gunplay better. IMO it's only marginally better and if i was looking to buy a shooter based off gunplay BF would be very low on the list.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    Game got worse with the update
  • windtear
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I created a thread about this massive downgrade yesterday but everyone was on that **** SJW/feminist/women topic to care

Anyways, the low IQ map design is the true deal breaker for me, people didn't realize that now all players avoid 50-70% of the map but take on a few narrow path into the choke point just to meet their bipod campers, or take on a maze like secret passage to no man's land, all 8 maps are cursed with such idiotic pattern, the balance for offense & defense team is completely out of the wreck
  • Dozerwarz_12
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    To put my thoughts on it in general, BF5 in base game play is the same as BF1 and honestly will be better because it takes Dice the first year of release to fix the broken.

BF1 is a broke game and the only reason people played it and BF4 as much as they do is because Dice stops supporting the older games to force you to play and pay for the new ones. BF2 BC and BF3 are FAAAAAAR superior games to BF4, BF1 and BF5. So much easier to play, gun play was amazing, vehicles were awesome. Miss those games badly.

Now to your post.
    Aurkonungr wrote: »
    Reasons:
    1.No Behemoth which was very fun to play.
    2.Tanks are not really tanks and infact they are nothing but moving papers that gets destroyed by a single assault player with nearly no effort at all.
    3. BF1 had better graphics.
    4. Bf1 had a better and more friendly UI especially weapon customizations.
    5. No mortar.
    6. Ammo limitations.
    7. Vehicle limited repairs.
    8. Horrible server browser.
    9. Horrible revives.
    10. No vote map. Which may probably be implemented later in the game.

Response in order:

1. I could care less about Behemoths, you want to see a real un-killable behemoth? Watch the ticket catch up mechanic that allows teams to play like crap all game, losing by loads of tickets come back in the last 5 mins of a game and win. That is a behemoth.

2. The vehicle game play in this game is lacking. Part of that is the TTk is based line for all weapons for the most part. The tanks are weaker in this game, WAY weaker than BF1 which is laughable. They broke planes all the way down to the baseline today with their kneejerk patch, no need to even talk about it anymore.

3. Same graphics, better details. I know its nitpicking but BF1's graphics are not way better, I would call them the same.

4. BF UIs all suck some just less than others but all got better towards end of the game. Normally takes them putting out a game and working on it for almost a year before it starts to take shape as a decent game.

5. Yea they are drinking WAY too much of levelcap gaming's koolaid. He wants all the games they produced and the performance and pliability of that game to revolve around his play style, CPU capability, and latency. He wants it to be his game, but what he quickly learned during BF4 is no one wants to play his **** game they want BF to be BF and not lvlcap's bf.

6. Ammo limitations? What in the actual F were they thinking? When in the world did anyone at dice ever get a notion that limited ammo and reducing the squad game play was a good idea? Since the medic class sucks and most of the weapons suck for the support class as well. The med kits are ok but nothing new, the med box sucks, the ammo crates ok but sucks worse than any time in the history of the franchise. No idea why and who though this was a good idea.

7. Limited vehicle repairs LOL ffs. Again, BUT WHY? Rather did you ask the people that pay for your games what their input might be on this before making the call? FK NO YOU DIDN'T

8. Yea server browser sucks, need to get it fixed. But in all honesty the BF1 was just straight broken and still is. I can't tell you how many times I have went to join a server that I play in BF1 that says even after a refresh its near full to have that SOB empty. Makes me think they are putting ghosts in servers slots to make them seem like they have full servers all the time.

9. Reviving in all honestly sucks in general. Should be able to revive yourself with a bandage once per life and have someone help revive you once per life and on the next "down" you die and respawn.

10. Vote map, private server, HC mode, random map rotation, server status screen ...I could go on....
  • MarcReale
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want to like this game! but bloody hell im starting to think of canceling preorder...
    1. Cant see a bloody enemy, blury thing and you cant aim properly in the end you are lost, and cant see who is shooting at you at all.
    2. Runing, jumping over objects... ffs you couldnt fix this in bf1 you did this here as well...
    3. Is it just me.. but registry hit is alright? Sniping is just horrible for me.
    4. It just doesnt feel fun, cant find the mach i enjoy for hours... WTF i want to love this game but REALLYYY???

You've touched all the real issues this game has. I also would like to add lack of atmosphere and poor map design. The poor visibility combined with TTD and 'netcode' issues makes this game a frustrating affair. I have many hours in the game already and I can hold my own, but the game isn't really fun. I think I have enough (for now)

• munkt0r
    2514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll never understand why so many people's enjoyment is predicated on others also enjoying it.

• TEKNOCODE
    9360 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I'll never understand why so many people's enjoyment is predicated on others also enjoying it.
    Can’t think for themselves.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    taking behemoths and elites away from the game is a huge downgrade. When BF1 was announced everyone was so excited because of the behemoth and the elites. Having said that, there is an option to toggle them off in the servers, DICE should've kept them and gave server owners the option to have them on or off.

Behemoth's were an attempt at solving a problem, but one that usually didn't work out. I have no problem with DICE trying different things in subsequent games. Heck, with the amount of time I put into each Battlefield title, I'm getting fairly burned out on each game when the next one releases.

I really enjoy how BFV seems to play halfway between Hardcore and Regular modes. It feels so much more immersive. I'm glad the spotting has been substantially reduced, how most maps have fewer chokepoints, and am enjoying the increased destruction as well as the fortification mechanics.

Honestly, I enjoyed my time in BF1 and don't hate on that game, but if that's your cup of tea, you can keep playing it. Don't expect everyone to want BFV to be turned into BF1, because it's not going to happen.

Also, DICE doesn't really pay attention to what is posted here. If you want their attention, go post in REDDIT. ;)
  • Raspu71nG
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    if you are an infantry player then i think you might like INFANTRYFIELD V
    for pilots and tankers i think it is a mediocre game, and after the patch it is just low quality experience.
    the UI and the UX sucks as well. btw i dont like the infantry gameplay as well.