We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Would (DICE) someone addres my fps drop situation !?

J0K3Rs_EM1N3NT
23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
hi
as i told before i have fps drop and stutter problem ! either in low settings ore ultra settings !
At any cases my cpu usage is below 90% and my gpu usage is below 60% so i dont have bottleneck problem ok ?!
I already tried any possible solution and my windows and nvidia driver is up to date !
am i going to get any official answer about it ?

Specs:
gtx 1070
core i5 7600
16 g ram
windows 10

Comments

• OskooI_007
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4c/4t CPUs will bottleneck in Battlefield. Your cheapest option is to upgrade to a 4c/8t i7. You can get a used one off eBay for ~$250.
  • TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    4c/4t CPUs will bottleneck in Battlefield. Your cheapest option is to upgrade to a 4c/8t i7. You can get a used one off eBay for ~$250.

Not true for all situations. I'm on an i5-7500 gtx 1060 and my CPU usage stays in the 80s.

OP, is your Nvidia Control Panel set to "prefer maximum performance" under BFV? If not, it will constantly throttle your GPU clock down and cause random drops.

after doing that, try my settings...

everything on medium, except textures on high
    AA and AO on the last setting
    dx11
    future frame rendering on
    framerate cap to monitor refresh rate, or vsync
    gpu memory restriction off
    run in fullscreen mode, and go to BFV exe properties and check "disable fullscreen optimization."
  • pmalone_stoney
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have a 6c/12t CPU and I am experiencing similar issues with random FPS drops. This happened after the latest update, as I still had normal performance after updating to the 417.22 drivers before the patch hit. If an 8700k, 1080Ti and 32GB of RAM aren't enough to stop these, then I have to assume there is something else. I believe it might be an audio issue, as I have noticed that certain events that will trigger this, even when not observing them directly. A building crashing, tank shelling, etc. I'm not a leet haxx0r or a scientist, so I don't actually know, though.
  • J0K3Rs_EM1N3NT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if my cpu usage is under 80% how exactly im bottlenecking ? :|
    and after that system requirement anounced by dice is a joke then ?!
  • undead77
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had to upgrade from a 6600k to a 7700k to stop getting bottlenecked back in Battlefield 1. I had constant 100% cpu usage, and when that happened my FPS tanked. Once I went with 7700k, it was solid, still FPS drops, due to the games demand trying to push those pixels @ 1440p, but still runs well, in Battlefield 5 too. Seriously, try selling your 7600, and grab a 7700k, or non-k .
  • Aditrex
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if my cpu usage is under 80% how exactly im bottlenecking ? :|
    and after that system requirement anounced by dice is a joke then ?!

its not req. to have 100% cpu usage u can have 40% usage on cpu and if your gpu is not used then its bottlenecking
  • cso7777
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    Aditrex wrote: »
    its not req. to have 100% cpu usage u can have 40% usage on cpu and if your gpu is not used then its bottlenecking

The problem is the number of threads. If some cores are used 100% then this could bottleneck the game, even though the total CPU-usage is below 100%.

Multithreaded code is pretty complex and it's probably not possible for Dice to just use all cores evenly. Each thread they run has different cpu-usage and you cannot just split threads evenly, thats not how programming works in real life. They have to balance the running threads on the cores available and only having 4 cores can be a problem for them (some cores has to run too many threads).

Try using Windows taskmanager and make it show CPU-usage for each core/thread (instead of total CPU-usage), if one or more core is running 100% then that could be an indication of the CPU not having enough cores to handle all the needed threads of game.