We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

People don't revive, People don't drop ammo

«1
zePokar1
693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've always found this statement to be a hyperbole. I've been soloing BF since BF3, and I can say that overall I find the players do revive, drop ammo at a decent/good rate. While playing BFV I've had tons of squad mates revives from randoms, and medics running and throwing smokes to get me up. I have no problem finding getting/finding ammo either. What's your opinion?

Comments

  • JosephCr1984
    118 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the new TOW challenges I think the answer is at the moment that ammo and revives seem much more plentiful to me than before the update 12-5. Hopefully this will last.
  • ElliotLH
    4219 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^ As above, it's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes you get a really good squad of randoms or team mates and then other times you get ignored and frustrated.
  • zePokar1
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ^ As above, it's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes you get a really good squad of randoms or team mates and then other times you get ignored and frustrated.

    Iam really quick to switch squads if I see they dont ptfo and drop ammos/health.
  • ElliotLH
    4219 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zePokar1 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ^ As above, it's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes you get a really good squad of randoms or team mates and then other times you get ignored and frustrated.

    Iam really quick to switch squads if I see they dont ptfo and drop ammos/health.

    Yep that's generally what I'll do now when playing solo. There's just little point in sticking it out sometimes and while you can try and lead by example it doesn't always work out. Fortunately I normally play with friends so it's not too bad for me most of the time.
  • spartanx169x
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To OP, I ask which platform do you have you played on? On PS4 and XB1, For BF1 it was hit and miss with people reviving and dropping med crates and ammo. With BF V it’s almost non-existent. Out of 20 deaths I may get revived once. And nobody runs as medic so you can just forget about getting a med pack. Ain’t happening. Ammo is less of an issue because you pick that up from your kills. It is exactly as I said it would be.
  • JackL1vely
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To OP, I ask which platform do you have you played on? On PS4 and XB1, For BF1 it was hit and miss with people reviving and dropping med crates and ammo. With BF V it’s almost non-existent. Out of 20 deaths I may get revived once. And nobody runs as medic so you can just forget about getting a med pack. Ain’t happening. Ammo is less of an issue because you pick that up from your kills. It is exactly as I said it would be.

    On PC people seem to revive more.

    Downloaded the Beta on Xbox One and literally nobody revived. At all. In maybe 5 games.

    In the Beta on PC, I was constantly getting revived but there were also some noobs (loose term, I mean to BF in general) that were just standing there, slowly looking around like it was their first time playing a PC game or something.

    Depends on console, depends on individual players. It's really not a constant. But can you believe there are people that want all reviving, as well as all Snipers taken out of the game? I think they're just trolling, but they may legitimately be asking for that. In which case, that's so stupid.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Today because of the tides of war stuff I was constantly getting revived it was amazing.
  • zePokar1
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To OP, I ask which platform do you have you played on? On PS4 and XB1, For BF1 it was hit and miss with people reviving and dropping med crates and ammo. With BF V it’s almost non-existent. Out of 20 deaths I may get revived once. And nobody runs as medic so you can just forget about getting a med pack. Ain’t happening. Ammo is less of an issue because you pick that up from your kills. It is exactly as I said it would be.

    I play on PC.
  • NoifdeBodemloze
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Today I was throwing insanely bandages and ammo pouches.
  • BtheReaper49
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All depends on the team. Most of the time they're good. Other times they just forget about their supporting role. And of course if you land in a squad with all assaults you're getting neither ammo packs nor health packs. A bit rare but does happen....in those cases I switch squads as quickly as I can.
  • kleerkoat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    as a medic i'll do whatever i can to revive everyone i see down cause that's the only way i'm going to get points. I also chuck out medpacks like crazy. i actually could play without a primary and play with the same lame **** strategy.
  • y_j_es_i
    280 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    zePokar1 wrote: »
    I've always found this statement to be a hyperbole. I've been soloing BF since BF3, and I can say that overall I find the players do revive, drop ammo at a decent/good rate. While playing BFV I've had tons of squad mates revives from randoms, and medics running and throwing smokes to get me up. I have no problem finding getting/finding ammo either. What's your opinion?

    Always a mixed bag.

    I revive often (even when not Medic) and will go out of my way to save squadmates. However, I often find that I'm ignored when bleeding out, even if I'm an easy rescue, say behind cover and in smoke, with no enemies in sight. I never usually need ammo from squadmates, as I tend to rush towards the Ammo stations and pick up there. However, on the few occasions I've asked for ammo, I don't often get any.

    On the other hand, I've noticed that in some games, there's one or two dedicated Medics who linger around players and rush to your aid immediately. Those guys are great, and I wish we had more of them. I play like that sometimes. I don't really enjoy Support, so I can't really speak for them, but I find that people tend not to give ammo as often as they should. Overall I'd say I get revived a lot more than in Battlefield 1, which is great. However, I wish more players were more observant. You can be lying on the ground, 2 feet away from a teammate, no enemies in sight, and in cover, and your teammate will ignore you, either willfully or just through chance.

    "Don't skip revives, you'll waste tickets and we'll lose" I type, while sprinting to a teammate I have tagged for a revive after popping a smoke for good measure. Then I realise he is intentionally bleeding out even though I have plenty of time to get to him and he not only wasted my equipment, but also put me in danger.
    It always depends on other people. Some people are great. They aid the team, and really help to push to victory.
    Most are not. They are selfish and often lead to defeat.

    This.

    Yesterday when there weren’t any hostiles around and I was bleeding out four people literally walked right over me.
    Stuff like that makes me think “good god. Humanity’s a travesty.”

    One thing that would help is if they introduced proximity chat. So you can toggle it so that everyone within like 30m of you could hear what you say. This way when you’re down and there are people near you but facing away from you you can call out to them.

    Is there currently an icon on the minimap for injured teammates?
    That’d be a good addition too

    How much exp do people get for revives atm? Maybe increase that to offer more incentive
  • y_j_es_i
    280 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should start doing daily assignments where you need to hand out ammo or bandages to however many people

    That’d be a huge improvement on the assignments that require you to ‘kill n people whilst prone’ lol
  • Chakixx
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JUST REMOVE REVIVE FROM THE GAME. NOBODY USES IT.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    351 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zePokar1 wrote: »
    I've always found this statement to be a hyperbole. I've been soloing BF since BF3, and I can say that overall I find the players do revive, drop ammo at a decent/good rate. While playing BFV I've had tons of squad mates revives from randoms, and medics running and throwing smokes to get me up. I have no problem finding getting/finding ammo either. What's your opinion?

    Many people talk in absolutes. "ALL people THIS. or No one EVER does THAT." It's a speech pattern and not to be taken literally.

    I'm in the top 0.2% for revives. I revive like a mug; like a boss; like a champ (mostly because the netcode doesn't let me do anything else) My experience is heals/revives happen about 4x as often as ammo refills. And that's considering there are always less people playing Medic than Support. I think Support players are so wrapped up in their prone hidey-hole, wracking up kills. Medics have to be mobile and staying with a group is more important if you want to survive.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    1951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Surprise surprise, the more people play, the more they learn & adapt and start using team work.

    It's now very rare that I ever run out of ammo and since the patch, there are medics everywhere reviving. Squad play is getting better as well.
  • Khronikos
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just depends on the randoms around you. Been getting revived a decent amount, but not even close to what you would in a squad. And if you venture out anywhere alone you will die more than likely. Makes playing the game pretty confining IMO.
  • barnesalmighty2
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Just depends on the randoms around you. Been getting revived a decent amount, but not even close to what you would in a squad. And if you venture out anywhere alone you will die more than likely. Makes playing the game pretty confining IMO.

    Now imagine how much more annoying it will be when dragging gets added. I fully expect threads about being dragged into water/ fire by trolls.
  • spartanx169x
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This thread is a very good example of major differences in console players and PC players and why they should be balanced completely separate. I despise the limited health regen because as I stated above on console you can forget getting a med pack. Dice needs to accept this for what it is and manage it better.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!