We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Anyone get any WW2 vibes at all?

Comments

• James-MII
    877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lets put it like this: I got more WW1 vibes from BF1 than WW2 vibes from BFV.

BF1 was not a perfect game, but my gosh the Epicness, Atmosphere and Immersion I got when you charged a position in Operations Ballroom Blitz was just one of the best Battlefield moments ever...

I couldn’t agree more! Bf1 was a masterpiece in comparison to bf5. Sure bf1 has its problems but they got the atmosphere right!
  • TropicPoison
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naitrael wrote: »
    It's not WWII Game, it's Battlefield with a WWII-Backdrop, same formula as before and before that. Why would one expect that? It's very immersive and feels like a Battlefield game.

Um nah that's just your opinion, just like imo this game has no feel of a WW2 game at all not even in name only because V for whatever damn reason.

Real annoying people lately trying base their opinions as fact instead.

Well, read again, I didn't claim BFV had the feel of a WW2 game.

Immersion is an effect describing the technical quality of providing the feeling of being physically present in a virtual world and has nothing to do with the authenticity of the content experienced or something like that.
    And on a technical level, Graphics, Sound, Input I would argue that this is one of the most immersive games.

Better sounds and graphics don't make better gameplay, and again that's an opinion, myself and many others aren't getting this WW2 'immersion' you speak of and I feel like BF1 nailed it pretty good in the immersed in the game with the flow of the match and damage from bombs and explosives completely changing how you could attack some flags, that's not in BFV except for this laughable building system that can get destroyed in a manner of seconds.
  • munkt0r
    2598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not WWII Game, it's Battlefield with a WWII-Backdrop, same formula as before and before that. Why would one expect that? It's very immersive and feels like a Battlefield game.

Um nah that's just your opinion, just like imo this game has no feel of a WW2 game at all not even in name only because V for whatever damn reason.

Real annoying people lately trying base their opinions as fact instead.

Well, read again, I didn't claim BFV had the feel of a WW2 game.

Immersion is an effect describing the technical quality of providing the feeling of being physically present in a virtual world and has nothing to do with the authenticity of the content experienced or something like that.
    And on a technical level, Graphics, Sound, Input I would argue that this is one of the most immersive games.

Better sounds and graphics don't make better gameplay, and again that's an opinion, myself and many others aren't getting this WW2 'immersion' you speak of and I feel like BF1 nailed it pretty good in the immersed in the game with the flow of the match and damage from bombs and explosives completely changing how you could attack some flags, that's not in BFV except for this laughable building system that can get destroyed in a manner of seconds.

It's almost like it's a subjective opinion and neither of you is right for anyone but yourself.

• Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    WW 2 Vibes from this Game ? Honestly not all. It really feels like a modern Warfare shooter with different skins. I mean this Trailer of " Hell let Loose " gave me in under 2 Minutes all the real WW 2 Vibe is miss in BF V:

Bruh that's awesome gives me ptsd🤩ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • SilkWildey
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not getting much of a ww2 vibe. But what's worse than that for me is I'm not getting much of a Battlefield vibe.

Same! I miss the chaos of BF1 so bad, I need to buy it back.
  • Naitrael
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Better sounds and graphics don't make better gameplay. I agree, definitely not. But the immersion I speak of doesn't have anything to do with gameplay. We are talking about completely different points, the difference being that I use the proper terminology. Of course the gameplay feel, your "immersion", that you describe is subjective and I actually never claimed it wasn't.

My other point was that Battlefield never felt authentic to me in the first place and thus didn't expect this one to be a representation of WWII, just the classic gameplay of Battlefield (Shoot, Drive, Fly, Capture) refined to a modern standard, like every previous installment did.

The thing that I personally don't get is, why seemingly a lot of people all of a sudden have an issue with the things that always have been a part of this series:
    - Buggy and unfinished releases (back when BF2 was released, BF was already called one of the buggiest franchises)
    - Unbalanced at start (Since I didn't play online back in the day, I can't speak for that, but since BF3 this has been an issue for all kinds of weapons)
    - Being a multiplayer-shooter pretty much everything can break the feel and flow of the game (BF3 jet pilots / chopper seat switching e.g.)

Like I said, it's just a Battlefield title set against a WWII Backdrop (BF1942 never felt authentic to me), Battlefield 1 never achieved any kind of feeling like 'All Quiet on the Western Front', which is good in my book, because that would make for horrible gameplay.
    It may have to do with one's perception of the respective theatre of war, but I'm no psychologist/sociologist, so I can't really dig into that.
  • beat_strandh
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get alot of WW2 feeling in this game. It is chaos, you dont know where and who is shoting at you. It has open fields, trenches, small towns and blown out cities. It has tanks and spitfires and bombers and iconic weapons.
    Sure, the female screams are a bit out of place but the different ethnics are fine. They were all in the war but maybe not in the british army in Europe ;)

What I want now is the american invasion of the pacific
  • LilBitsf
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 7
    This stuff feels like a CoD >:(, its no fun at all

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
  • TropicPoison
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get alot of WW2 feeling in this game. It is chaos, you dont know where and who is shoting at you. It has open fields, trenches, small towns and blown out cities. It has tanks and spitfires and bombers and iconic weapons.
    Sure, the female screams are a bit out of place but the different ethnics are fine. They were all in the war but maybe not in the british army in Europe ;)

Well DICE wanted to do their little lesser known battles so I wouldn't get your hopes up for any of the iconic battles.
  • skates15
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I guess my needs are simple. I just want a WW2 game where the backdrop is accurate, including uniforms and insignia (because immersion); while the weapons can include those that made it onto paper, but didn't actually see service (this is where the 'game' part of it comes into play).

Accurate Immersion + real and paper weapons makes for a good game.

DICE got one half of the equation, but dropped the ball on the other half with the focus on SJW.

My priority is immersion first, weapons second, knowing that the weapons will be tweaked, nerfed, etc; but immersion never changes, which lends continuity between the game and the gamer. This is an important and well known part of the business of media, games included.

This game breaks that continuity with the focus on diversity when in fact WW2 was all about the struggle between the master race, fascism and freedom.

When DICE states that their customers are uneducated, I would say that DICE is uneducated in both what their customers want and what WW2 was about.

I'm just going to assume that people who play Battlefield want accurate immersion combined with paper weapons and some level of customization, although how much customization is debatable.

Personally I don't think its a good idea for a business to introduce SJW into their products because its polarizing and splits their customer base.

Also, the decision to focus on the 'Untold' story of WW2 seems very odd to me. The objective first and foremost is to make a product which will sell and make the company money.

The best way to make that product is to stick to the well known battles which people are familiar with, including uniforms and insignia, but also introduce a plethora of 'untold' weapons.

Personally I don't have an issue with Woman in the game as they were a well know part of the french and polish resistance and everything they did in Russia.

I just don't want the focus of the game to be the 'Untold' stories and where the designers feel its important to educate me on diversity.

I don't need to be educated on the importance of diversity (especially growing up in a household where I was the only male), I just want to play a game that is accurately immersive, which is what will keep me coming back for more.
  • Crystaldye
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 7
    I get the diarrhea vipes when I think of this piece of [removed]game. sure.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • MikeGrecian73
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did have a ww2 feeling last night, playing grand ops.... Twisted steel (????), having to dig in in anticipation of a incoming German offensive, the atmosphere was tense, helped by the audio, and when the attack came with Germans flanking from both the right hand ditch and raised bank to the left, working as a team paid dividends, others ran around like headless chickens and got slaughtered, on one occasion several allies were lying in wait in a crater when, without realising, half a dozen German troops surrounded their position and picked them off at point blank range.
    This definitely had the feel of, what I would imagine thanks no doubt to Band Of Brothers, a ww2 scenario, so yes, this game does occasionally recreate the ww2 feeling but on the flipside it turns itself into a farce with female front line soldiers, inaccurate/missing details, and now with the addition of Tides Of War, people just concentrating on supplying the set amount of ammo/med kits to enable them to progress along the tree to the detriment of teamwork.
  • Naitrael
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    skates15 wrote: »
    I guess my needs are simple. I just want a WW2 game where the backdrop is accurate, including uniforms and insignia (because immersion); while the weapons can include those that made it onto paper, but didn't actually see service (this is where the 'game' part of it comes into play).

Accurate Immersion + real and paper weapons makes for a good game.

DICE got one half of the equation, but dropped the ball on the other half with the focus on SJW.

My priority is immersion first, weapons second, knowing that the weapons will be tweaked, nerfed, etc; but immersion never changes, which lends continuity between the game and the gamer. This is an important and well known part of the business of media, games included.

This game breaks that continuity with the focus on diversity when in fact WW2 was all about the struggle between the master race, fascism and freedom.

When DICE states that their customers are uneducated, I would say that DICE is uneducated in both what their customers want and what WW2 was about.

I'm just going to assume that people who play Battlefield want accurate immersion combined with paper weapons and some level of customization, although how much customization is debatable.

Okay, I really don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but first look up the definition of immersion.

Then you will have to come to terms with the fact that WW2 was not about the struggle between the master race, fascism and freedom, but about economics and conquest.

And why do you want to change Battlefield into a different game?
  • echo-smoker93
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 7
    Need more tanks, maps with some sea invasions or maps like BF1 wich we had naval battle and hope they not nerf more the planes and use less colours like the game trailer in the video. Looks like a war.
  • fakemon64
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is most people don't know much about ww2. They chose these lesser known battles of ww2 to make it worse. If they just reenacted scenes from band of brothers and pasted swastikas everywhere, people would be generally happier
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    The problem is most people don't know much about ww2. They chose these lesser known battles of ww2 to make it worse. If they just reenacted scenes from band of brothers and pasted swastikas everywhere, people would be generally happier

Like the uberfamous and extremely important, war changing, history molding battle of FOY. It appears in a lot of games just because Band of Brothers had it, but it was really just a nuisance, barely a foot note in a history book compared to the bombing of Rotterdam, the battle of Arras or the battle of Narvik, all of them included in the game. The next one will be the invasion of Crete, one of the greatest airborne operations since them. This four engagements are some of the most famous of the early stages of the war, and may seem obscure or lesser known only if one's knowledge of WWII is based on other WWII games or movies. It's not like they are trying anything particularly strange and actually "obscure" like Madagascar or Iraq.

I'm sure that, if the game reaches a "1944" stage, there will be plenty of ""famous"" battles.
  • mitchpic
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 8
    I think the main issue is the maps are pretty lame, I do think if the maps had been better we might not all be talking about "WW2 vibes" on here.

A lot of the maps are just boring, take Amiens from BF1, the map was detailed and immersive and had an excellent central battle for two flags (the bridges) where both sides would eventually meet for a decent battle.
    I don't see any map that's designed as well as that map was.
    Why is there no map like the forest map from BF1 either, they could have created something similar in this, someone mentioned the TV series Band of Brothers, well can you guys remember the battle in the snowy forest, that would have been excellent if they had created something similar, like forest either side with trenches and an area of no mans land with maybe a flag in the centre to battle for.
  • beat_strandh
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well DICE wanted to do their little lesser known battles so I wouldn't get your hopes up for any of the iconic battles.

hmm for me as a kid I knew alot more about the fighting in Europe and especially in Norway and Finland (Im swedish) was much more famous than the invasion of the pacific. I dont know a single operation about the pacific but I have seen a couple of movies and the settings are great. I cannot see why Dice couldnt make it in the game and still have unfamous battles.
  • KoalaKooked
    47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WWII vibe? How many of you millennials even been to real war? You wouldn’t know what war really is. Get out of here with your opinions on WWII vibe lol