We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Bipod camping

S1cknyss
47 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Is out of control. BF used to take some skill and that is what separates it from the other game. Now any scrub can sit in an MG34 and lay waste.

Comments

• Koolaide3
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just started using the MG42, and it's camp...camp...delicious camp. It isn't my fault that people ignore me announcing my position to the entire map. Getting serious, what is a mmg supposed to do? "Play aggressively?"

Also, to parkingbrake's point, I started with BF4 and haven't seen anything different in BFV with respect to "camping." People were proning into every nook and cranny there just like they are here.
  • S1cknyss
    S1cknyss wrote: »
    Is out of control. BF used to take some skill and that is what separates it from the other game. Now any scrub can sit in an MG34 and lay waste.

The same complaint was popular in BF3 and BF4, the least you people could do is come up with something new to moan about. Meanwhile there was another thread yesterday where some guy was whining about how suicidal it is to bipod an MG-34/42 for various reasons--other players tried to point out what he was doing wrong but he was in no mood to listen. DICE needs to come up with a Whining Assignment with a nice medal for a prize, maybe an image of a screaming infant in a diaper, they'd be handing out that medal by the truckload.

Ah look it’s your token fanboy. Your token git gud fool. The point I’m making genius is that there are far too many people sitting on bipeds instead of playing the objective.
  • Koolaide3

The same complaint was popular in BF3 and BF4, the least you people could do is come up with something new to moan about. Meanwhile there was another thread yesterday where some guy was whining about how suicidal it is to bipod an MG-34/42 for various reasons--other players tried to point out what he was doing wrong but he was in no mood to listen. DICE needs to come up with a Whining Assignment with a nice medal for a prize, maybe an image of a screaming infant in a diaper, they'd be handing out that medal by the truckload.

Ah look it’s your token fanboy. Your token git gud fool. The point I’m making genius is that there are far too many people sitting on bipeds instead of playing the objective.

What about sitting on the objective with bipod? Is that ok? Or is that camping to?
  • therealzyzygy
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the bipod is being overused, blame DICE, not gamers. Most of the LMG proficiency and mastery assignments require you to get kills while using the bipod. It is a kind of campers' charter.
  • S1cknyss
    What about sitting on the objective with bipod? Is that ok? Or is that camping to?[/quote]

Why would that be an issue? That is playing the objective correct? I mean I know you need a degree from Harvard to figure this out right?

What I am saying is I am starting to see a rash of bipod campers sitting at the back of random streets, hills, etc with no intention of playing the objective. Low TTK and net code issues affecting TTD are pushing people to camp.

Guns like the MG34 laser rifle and the Lewis gun with its 97 round clip are wrecking it.

Combine this with your worthless headshot farmers and teams are starting to get steamrolled. That’s fine if you are on a good team. Not so much if your not.

Just played a match and there were 14 snipers on one team. 14 out of 32. Out of those 14 maybe one or two plays the push?
  • Koolaide3
    What about sitting on the objective with bipod? Is that ok? Or is that camping to?

Why would that be an issue? That is playing the objective correct? I mean I know you need a degree from Harvard to figure this out right?

What I am saying is I am starting to see a rash of bipod campers sitting at the back of random streets, hills, etc with no intention of playing the objective. Low TTK and net code issues affecting TTD are pushing people to camp.

Guns like the MG34 laser rifle and the Lewis gun with its 97 round clip are wrecking it.

Combine this with your worthless headshot farmers and teams are starting to get steamrolled. That’s fine if you are on a good team. Not so much if your not.

Just played a match and there were 14 snipers on one team. 14 out of 32. Out of those 14 maybe one or two plays the push?[/quote]

I'm making the point that "camping" is a fairly broad term on these forums. It seems anyone not running and gunning at all times is camping.

Also, sitting off the objective and guarding a common approach with a machine gun is smart.
  • snakeater418
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    What's the problem here? If they're camping then you should easily figure out where they are. If they're prone with an MMG then you should have a clear line of sight to easily snipe them.

This game isn't hard to figure out, it's just when you run into that one good support that knows what you're trying to do and beats you again. In that case just ignore them. But instead you'd rather cry on here and hope someone will nerf the bipod when you, as a player, need buff instead.
  • parkingbrake
    1179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LOL, I'm a "fanboy" who has ripped DICE/EA up one side and down the other when I thought they deserved it, and sometimes they do. But your post was just whining, and exactly the same whining as we've seen in game after game. And now you're adding camping snipers to your list of complaints, gee, that's original, never heard that before (rolls eyes).

Am I missing something, do you guys get paid to post a complaint so you'll make up something just to cash in? Where do I sign up for the whine of the day rewards program?