Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.

    It's overplayed bro. Too many of them. I think that's the complaint.
    It’s played because it’s a fun and challenging role. But not because you get effective weapons, clearly the Recon rifle is the weakest weapon in the game. Playing for headshots only with single shots is a rush and has a certain appeal. If you were able to see the actual stats on kills with the various weapons though I’m certain you’ll see bolt action rifles at the bottom.

    Rrrriiiggghhhttt...

    I forgot the excuse about how all u guys play sniper because it's super hard and u want the challenge.

    Nice spin bro....

    Prove him wrong then!

    Record a video of YOU playing recon with a bolt action rifle (lets say the Krag Jorgensen) and PTFO... No camping, just play the objective and use a bolt action rifle...

    Also I want to see a full video of a game, and no highlights taking out the best parts, and then dont forget to show that scoreboard in the end...

    Show us... If bolt action rifle and recon class so great, and no skill needed, would be no problem for you to post a video like this right!? Show us you doing this...

    We had another guy trying something simular here, but apperently he ended up camping in a bush beeing useless to everyone in his team... Oh, his score sucked too obviously...


    But show us now, no more empty words, just prove us wrong with a video of you doing this!

    Ha ha. You want me to play the class, but only the way u dictate, which is the direct opposite of the way 99.9% of the recon players play, including the crybabies in this thread. (But not you of course).

    You're silly.
    I said play recon with bolt action rifle and take objectives (ptfo), and post a video of it here... YOU are the one claiming theres absolute no problem doing such a thing, and that sniper with bolt action rifle just as easy as any other class... Stop acting like a child and grow up... If you cant do it then say so, I mean most of us in here already know you cant since many of us here probably are 10 times the player you are, and were struggling with it...

    Or perhaps what you said earlier is BS, and you really dont know what you’re talking about, just wanting sniper class nerfed into the ground!? Either you stand by your own words and show us, or you can leave this thread...

    This is not the only thread you come into acting out towards others, trolling just having a bad attitude and beeing nonconstructive... There are others too... Seems like a pattern when it comes to you...

    As an example of this you’re also in the, ”the fighters are ruined” thread, posting nonsense as well... Go away already...

    Just trying to keep u guys grounded. In your echo chamber, you don't realize how silly you guys sound. Just like the fighter pilot thread, you guys want your class to be designed with only you in mind so u can do whatever u want in the game with no realistic counter. Although u won't come right our and say it, indirectly you saying you want your play style to dominate and everyone else should be forced to "git good" or "just adapt". But when the tables are turned and u r forced to adapt or git good, then u cry and cry and rage.

    It takes an objective outsider to explain that to you. I do it because I know you need it and I would want someone to do it for me too if I sounded this unaware.

    No need to thank me. Im just glad I can help.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    The weakness of the Recon class in BV is just outrageous! Where does such ridiculous treatment come from?! You’re restricted to the weakest weapon that any FPS game has ever seen! It’s like an airsoft rifle! And you don’t get the advantage of a scope because everyone has one!
    It’s insane!
    I want PROOF! Statistical PROOF that the Recon class is so overpowered that they need to be handicapped so greatly. Show us stats from the game which place Recon on top, way on top of the score. I doubt it!
    Recon is the most difficult class to play, which is why it’s popular. Players like a challenge. No way it’s OP though. That’s a delusion.

    It's overplayed bro. Too many of them. I think that's the complaint.
    It’s played because it’s a fun and challenging role. But not because you get effective weapons, clearly the Recon rifle is the weakest weapon in the game. Playing for headshots only with single shots is a rush and has a certain appeal. If you were able to see the actual stats on kills with the various weapons though I’m certain you’ll see bolt action rifles at the bottom.

    Rrrriiiggghhhttt...

    I forgot the excuse about how all u guys play sniper because it's super hard and u want the challenge.

    Nice spin bro....

    Prove him wrong then!

    Record a video of YOU playing recon with a bolt action rifle (lets say the Krag Jorgensen) and PTFO... No camping, just play the objective and use a bolt action rifle...

    Also I want to see a full video of a game, and no highlights taking out the best parts, and then dont forget to show that scoreboard in the end...

    Show us... If bolt action rifle and recon class so great, and no skill needed, would be no problem for you to post a video like this right!? Show us you doing this...

    We had another guy trying something simular here, but apperently he ended up camping in a bush beeing useless to everyone in his team... Oh, his score sucked too obviously...


    But show us now, no more empty words, just prove us wrong with a video of you doing this!

    Ha ha. You want me to play the class, but only the way u dictate, which is the direct opposite of the way 99.9% of the recon players play, including the crybabies in this thread. (But not you of course).

    You're silly.
    I said play recon with bolt action rifle and take objectives (ptfo), and post a video of it here... YOU are the one claiming theres absolute no problem doing such a thing, and that sniper with bolt action rifle just as easy as any other class... Stop acting like a child and grow up... If you cant do it then say so, I mean most of us in here already know you cant since many of us here probably are 10 times the player you are, and were struggling with it...

    Or perhaps what you said earlier is BS, and you really dont know what you’re talking about, just wanting sniper class nerfed into the ground!? Either you stand by your own words and show us, or you can leave this thread...

    This is not the only thread you come into acting out towards others, trolling just having a bad attitude and beeing nonconstructive... There are others too... Seems like a pattern when it comes to you...

    As an example of this you’re also in the, ”the fighters are ruined” thread, posting nonsense as well... Go away already...

    Just trying to keep u guys grounded. In your echo chamber, you don't realize how silly you guys sound. Just like the fighter pilot thread, you guys want your class to be designed with only you in mind so u can do whatever u want in the game with no realistic counter. Although u won't come right our and say it, indirectly you saying you want your play style to dominate and everyone else should be forced to "git good" or "just adapt". But when the tables are turned and u r forced to adapt or git good, then u cry and cry and rage.

    It takes an objective outsider to explain that to you. I do it because I know you need it and I would want someone to do it for me too if I sounded this unaware.

    No need to thank me. Im just glad I can help.

    Ehm... The only thing I see in this thread are people that main recon sniper telling about their experience with using bolt action rifles vs other classes and weapons... Asking for devs to take a look and maybe do some balancing... Me and others claim from our experience that right now, these weapons are in a bad spot!

    You are the one coming here telling us that we can ptfo just as well as other classes, that we should adapt and that playing sniper just as easy as other classes... Then I say, show us YOU doing this then, because the rest of us cant, were struggling because we sometimes even need 3 hits to be able to kill a target... And in close to medium range were free kill... Then you refuse to do so, and start talking nonsense...

    And how are you objective, you are playing assault (or was it support), the strongest and most op classes in the game... You are absolutly not objective in any way...

    You are the one that want to dominate, since you dont want classes like recon to be able to defend themself or even play the objective... And the words ”git gud” or ”just adapt” are words that you used in previous thread (fighter plane thread), not me, you got a biased opinion against sniper in this game... Its obvious, stop pretending...

    Grow up...
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive maxed lvl20 with recon, assault and medic so far and hearing this bolt action rifle nerf very disappointing, nerfs in general are disgusting, dice should be buffing everything not nerfing.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    The bolt action rifles are extremely underpowered...

    I fast scope and hit each and every enemy in close range (people have no idea the skills and reflexes needed to pull that off on console with a 6x zoom scope)... But it doesnt matter, I’m long dead before I can shoot my rifle a 2nd time, or switch to my pistol to finish enemy off...

    Yesterday I put 3 bullet with my sniper from range into a medic, he just healed up and ran away... Still Its ok I get insta killed by a shotgun 25m away...

    The bolt action rifle is not a 2 hit kill to the chest, its at least a 3 hit kill because of all the insta healing and bunny jumping...

    Having to fire 3 shots with your bolt action rifle to kill a target (unless headshot) make them very underpowered in medium to close range... This is a fact!

    Its not balanced, and anyone claiming it to be are either misinformed, has an biased agenda towards recon class, or is just trolling...

    I payed 80 euro to play this game just as the support and assault players did... There is zero reasons why my class should be nerfed this hard so I cant even enjoy the game anymore...

    Bolt action rifles are underpowered, and DICE doesnt care... They havent even once acknowledge our complaints... I regret buying this game, since for me there is no alternative class to play... Its not fun playing any other weapon except for the bolt action, because other weapons take almost no skill to use and then I just get boored of the game very fast...

    You have Stodeh to thank for the state of the recon class... I probably hate him more then Dice right now! This is his fault...

    Well technically bolt actions do 2HK with bodyshots, but the 3 hit kill situation is caused these 4 main culprits:
    • Too agile soldier movement, more precisely a lack of momentum. This makes it almost impossible to lead shots at targets moving in a non-linear pattern.
    • Soldier can start healing too fast after taking damage.
    • Bolt action max damage too is low (which is what this thread is mostly about) and the damage drop-off is way too fast.
    • Bolt action muzzle velocity is too low, this makes it less suitable for attaining high accuracy. Actually, some assault rifles and LMG's have higher muzzle velocity than bolt actions...
    20200sfly wrote: »
    Just trying to keep u guys grounded. In your echo chamber, you don't realize how silly you guys sound. Just like the fighter pilot thread, you guys want your class to be designed with only you in mind so u can do whatever u want in the game with no realistic counter. Although u won't come right our and say it, indirectly you saying you want your play style to dominate and everyone else should be forced to "git good" or "just adapt". But when the tables are turned and u r forced to adapt or git good, then u cry and cry and rage.

    It takes an objective outsider to explain that to you. I do it because I know you need it and I would want someone to do it for me too if I sounded this unaware.

    No need to thank me. Im just glad I can help.

    You're not helping, you're trolling using the same straw man argument as your predecessors.
    We're asking for balanced bolt actions and we are explaining why it isn't in it's current state.
    We're also providing plenty of solutions, it doesn't get more constructive than that.

    Reason and logic won't help you here. You may try, but people will always cry harder and argue moot points, even if they're clearly wrong.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Most times I'm killed is by a bolt action.

    Record a game. I'm calling BS in that. Unless you're someone who stands still all the time.

    I don't know how to stand still. It's kind of a problem.

    And of course I'm exaggerating.
    Statistically, it will always be assault that makes up the majority of kills, and therefore the majority of any person's death.

    But despite my hyperbolic OP. my point still stands: I have gotten killed a lot more by camping snipers in my limited time playing BFV than I did in any similar bracket of time playing BF1.

    And BF1 was already sniper central.

    There was a lot of grief about the sweet spot being removed, and scope glint carrying over.

    And even now about the bolt action nerf.

    And my only point is that despite all this, I still encounter a lot of snipers on the battlefield.

    Now, just to qualify, I've mostly been playing TDM, which you would assume would feature less bolt action campers, but still has a fair amount.

    Basically I'm down with anything that rewards skill, and anything that makes it harder to hit a target at range, is all good by me.

    just because you see the class very often does not mean its good. hell even I sometimes struggle with it especially after they removed the knives because of a bug.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt action rifles aren’t that bad, it’s the SLRs that are a joke compared to the assault semi autos.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not fun playing any other weapon except for the bolt action, because other weapons take almost no skill to use and then I just get boored of the game very fast...
    This! I have to go to B1 to get that rifle fix. It’s really gratifying to make expert single shot kills with iron sights. It feels authentic and powerful. This was the mainstay weapon of both eras and deserves better treatment in BV. Rifles should dominate long range combat because that’s what they do.
    Crybabies just wanna bunny hop around the map without getting zapped.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was the main weapon because it was cheap and easy to use.
    They didn’t dominate long range combat, the LMG and MG dominated at all ranges and caused more death and injuries than any other small arms.

    Smgs saw more use in urban and jungle warfare but the LMG still dominated those theatres to.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    It was the main weapon because it was cheap and easy to use.
    They didn’t dominate long range combat, the LMG and MG dominated at all ranges and caused more death and injuries than any other small arms.

    Smgs saw more use in urban and jungle warfare but the LMG still dominated those theatres to.
    Well that’s true. But if you made MGs as effective as they really were then you’d really have some unbalance as every player would be carrying one. A real WWII squad was built around supporting its MG but you couldn’t do that with short range SMGs.

  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Deleted
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    It was the main weapon because it was cheap and easy to use.
    They didn’t dominate long range combat, the LMG and MG dominated at all ranges and caused more death and injuries than any other small arms.

    Smgs saw more use in urban and jungle warfare but the LMG still dominated those theatres to.
    Well that’s true. But if you made MGs as effective as they really were then you’d really have some unbalance as every player would be carrying one. A real WWII squad was built around supporting its MG but you couldn’t do that with short range SMGs.

    True. And I broadly agree that the bolt action rifles lack any punch. I feel like I’m trying to “float” a bullet towards targets not shoot them. And the rate of fire can be slow.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.

  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    You know you can equip a bayonet on assault too right?

    And your weapon will also be much more effective as assault. Plus tanks are no longer much of a threat.
  • LgTmR
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi, I'd like to bring my 2 cents about the recon class in BFV.

    I played a ton of recon on BF4 (GOL Magnum/L115 <3 ) but I didn't play BF1 at all so...from my experience (2500+ kills) bolt action are pretty good in BFV, but really hard to play since you need to go for the headshot most of the time because the min damage/and drop off are pretty harsh compared to BF4.

    I think the spotting scope and flair guns could use a buff, it's really weak ATM. (just remember the MLP from BF4)

    Assault rifle and bipod LMG's are so strong in this game (accurate/easy to control/deals a lot of damage) that I can understand the frustration playing bolt action, maybe Dice should decrease the scope glint, it's really insane in this game.

  • Hawxxeye
    6897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    yeah those lobbies with incompetent enemies make really good evidence...
    47 kills and 2 deaths in that round
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...
  • ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.
Sign In or Register to comment.