We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JPBF3PT wrote: »
    Malecite wrote: »
    Lol sorry you can't go 100 and 4 now and ruin the match for everyone else. This was the best possible change, thank you dice! Game is so much better for 99 percent of the people on the match, glad they are listening to our feedback.

Amen to that! Leave planes playing with planes ... leave the real soldiers battling on the ground, the ones that trully push the team forward, the ones that play the objective, the ones that revive the fallen, the ones that supply others in need ... WELL DONE DICE!!

Nothing is more frustrating that battling your way to capture a flag, killing enemies on the way ... just to be killed by tryhards like you that only care about personal K/D and nothing else. 99% of plane abusers do absolutely nothing with a gun on their hands.

Battlefield is best FPS on the market ... DICE keep it that way!
    REAL SOLDIERS :D :D :D
    Guys like you wouldn't win a game without all these tryhards doing the real work ;)
  • Khronikos
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, in a game like this where the TTK is already abysmally low you really can't have planes just having their way with people. The main force of people, the infantry, simply won't support your game when it's pointless to even walk out of the base.

We'll see how plane balance goes as the game moves on. Right now the whole game is a giant beta mess.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Honestly, in a game like this where the TTK is already abysmally low you really can't have planes just having their way with people. The main force of people, the infantry, simply won't support your game when it's pointless to even walk out of the base.

We'll see how plane balance goes as the game moves on. Right now the whole game is a giant beta mess.

Honestly... the biggest problem were Bombers on Fjell. Why not remove them entirely from Fjell?! Along with the JU-88 payload fix and moving resupply zones further away this should've been enough. But fixing things for basically one map is just not good.
  • Kongo030
    270 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know why game designers do that but it happens in many games. Something is OP and gets the nerf bat. Not one or two changes and only more when needed. No besides the listed things you can now only chose between the 16 50kg or the 1000kg bomb. It's fine with me as I'm a tank guy not a pilot. It just don't make sense and must be lazyness.
  • YT_FilthyCasual
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im glad they did. Planes are gross and its much better down here on the ground getting your hand dirty with blood stains of your enemies.
  • JosephCr1984
    118 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Honestly... the biggest problem were Bombers on Fjell. Why not remove them entirely from Fjell?! Along with the JU-88 payload fix and moving resupply zones further away this should've been enough. But fixing things for basically one map is just not good.

It's true that the abuse on this map was the worst in my opinion.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9936 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Hamada was another map where the JU-88 was extremely unbalanced, Planes should not be able to spawn in a few seconds earlier before ground forces and drop a complete payload on attackers JUST after they've spawned.

• hawk79_360
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 7

And I will tell you why that is. At least for me. It's because the map allows for pilots to see soldiers better due to the contrast of dark uniforms against the White of snow.
    Where contrary to other people beliefs, in Hamada map, is really difficult to see or spot enemy troops, because the colour of the uniforms get lost with the color of the terrain. In Hamada most of the time as a pilot, I am guessing more than seeing where the enemy is, and in Fjell is relative easy.
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol this guy is hilarious. Just hurling insults and vitriol at any one who actual appreciates that planes aren't spawn killing half the team within the first ten seconds of the match. You know what? Maybe instead of spending your day trying to throw sand at people in the forums, you should go try flying these planes you're apparently so good at. I've had several matches tonight where the pilots topped the kill board.

But guess what? It wasn't 100:4 it was more like 51:10. So go cry me a freaking river, the planes are obviously still able to do well with a little skill. Maybe your not as good as you think you are?
  • 20200sfly
    246 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawk79_360 wrote: »
    Lol sorry you can't go 100 and 4 now and ruin the match for everyone else. This was the best possible change, thank you dice! Game is so much better for 99 percent of the people on the match, glad they are listening to our feedback.

Well maybe some people were doing as much as 110 to 4. Not my case. I used to do an average of 30/35 to 5/7/10 and part of the reason if because during a match I am not only playing as a pilot. Like I said in my first comment, I like to take in different combat roles during the match. But I think is pretty arrogant of you to presume that 99% of the community thinks that (quoting PANZERKEKS85) "NERFING the airplanes into oblivion" was the best choice or "much better". Also remember I said that I am not against some degree of nerfing the airplanes, I am just saying they took it too far.
    I have a feeling that you are just a toxic player, probably because you were a COD player that recently discover how good BATTLEFIELD IS, and now you want to make it another **** COD experience, if thats the case please go back to playing COD. If not the case please ignore the last paragraph. (last 3 lines of this comment) good day sir.

I think his post has 15x more up votes than yours. That says something about how the bf community feels about this topic.

Right?
  • hawk79_360
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to point out something that even tough it is quite obvious it is not until someone else posted it in another discussion that I realize that I am clueless as to why DICE doesn't take this into account where it comes to those close minded people who wish battlefield was an infantry based only game.
    Battlefield is such a great game, that offers gameplay modes where there is no war vehicle, no air, land or sea vehicle, just infantry such as team death match and domination, those two are at least two that come to mind, I am sure I am missing at least one more.
    So this begs the question, if there are players out there that don't want or like the concept of battlefield's selling point, which is full scale war (where vehicles are essential) why don't they simply choose those gameplay modes and be done with their whining?
    Instead of breaking the game for those who actually love battlefield's concept of full scale war, being this the very reason why we started to buy their games and have been their long loyal fan based, and again buyers.
    Food for thoutgh.
  • 20200sfly
    246 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawk79_360 wrote: »
    I would like to point out something that even tough it is quite obvious it is not until someone else posted it in another discussion that I realize that I am clueless as to why DICE doesn't take this into account where it comes to those close minded people who wish battlefield was an infantry based only game.
    Battlefield is such a great game, that offers gameplay modes where there is no war vehicle, no air, land or sea vehicle, just infantry such as team death match and domination, those two are at least two that come to mind, I am sure I am missing at least one more.
    So this begs the question, if there are players out there that don't want or like the concept of battlefield's selling point, which is full scale war (where vehicles are essential) why don't they simply choose those gameplay modes and be done with their whining?
    Instead of breaking the game for those who actually love battlefield's concept of full scale war, being this the very reason why we started to buy their games and have been their long loyal fan based, and again buyers.
    Food for thoutgh.

You could have cut your post off after the part where you realize you are cluless.

Food for thought.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling Dice just doesn't like vehicles anymore but still can't completely remove them from the series because people will lose it immidiately. So the solution was found and all types of vehicles are severely nerfed. Even though WW2 is all about vehicles and combined arms.
  • hawk79_360
    Lol this guy is hilarious. Just hurling insults and vitriol at any one who actual appreciates that planes aren't spawn killing half the team within the first ten seconds of the match. You know what? Maybe instead of spending your day trying to throw sand at people in the forums, you should go try flying these planes you're apparently so good at. I've had several matches tonight where the pilots topped the kill board.

But guess what? It wasn't 100:4 it was more like 51:10. So go cry me a freaking river, the planes are obviously still able to do well with a little skill. Maybe your not as good as you think you are?

I am not insulting anyone if that is how I came across to you, you are mistaken.
    I was simply pointing out why I think Fjell was the worst map for ground troops getting hit from the air.
    I also mentioned that I never hit the spawns and I completely agree airplanes shouldn't be allowed to be able to hit the spawn locations, further more most the nerfs they applied to airplanes are at least somewhat fair or even good, the only one I am really against is the cooldown.
  • m1k3ol
    756 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    The whole plane meta got a change

Some specializations got a buff, specially the ones people didn't used to chose bombs or guns

I don't know if some people noticed, but those 8x guns planes could chew against the bombers in seconds, and that got a nerf as well, but perks like plane armor got buffed, the back machinegun perk got a buff as well, there are certain changes that got done to approach the air meta better, it will take some gameplay to see what further changes are needed
  • hawk79_360
    edited December 7
    I have a feeling Dice just doesn't like vehicles anymore but still can't completely remove them from the series because people will lose it immidiately. So the solution was found and all types of vehicles are severely nerfed. Even though WW2 is all about vehicles and combined arms.

I am glad you pointed out that WW2 is "all about vehicles and combined arms" if people don't want vehicles, why not choose an era game where there were none. That way they wouldn't have to deal with reality of WW2.
    And I agree that if battlefiel were to remove this from the series they would loose a lot buyers, how many? I will not pretend to know what that number is. So some would probably say things like: very few, a few, some, many, whatever opinion they may have, It would still be a fact that they would loose fans.
    And if eventually they do it, then so be it. I mean, what could we do about it, not a thing is their decission. And they would have to live with the consequences, good or bad.
  • smokintom214
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nerfed bombers and planes to death?? Did he seriously not see a Nerf coming? They are overpowered have been since the beta most notably the bombs which still need a Nerf.
  • WHISPonPCin480P
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When Shroud says planes are underpowered now, you should probably listen.
  • smokintom214
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shroud doesn't know everything. I watched him try planes and he was terrible.. by betas end the masterful pilots were going 60 and 2 on the beta with easy. The only thing that made some planes bad was the slow turn speed. Dice only made one adjustment for the release and that was the turn speed...... And they just now got a Nerf. And they still need to get a Nerf on the bombs. They aren't nearly as bad now as they were on the beta but they are still very powerful.
  • hawk79_360
    Nerfed bombers and planes to death?? Did he seriously not see a Nerf coming? They are overpowered have been since the beta most notably the bombs which still need a Nerf.

Again. I am OK with the nerf of bombers and airplanes in general. I am just saying it was a bit much. just a tad.
    The only part I feel should not be there is the "cooldown".
    And again. This is a WW2 game vehicles were a big part of this war. I hope we can agree on that.
    Greetings smokintom214.