We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Auto rotation is gone (Thank goodness)

Comments

• TuxedoBanana279
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is autorotation
  • BaronVonGoon
    5360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 6

However, this change will only help my arch nemesis the MnK users. You know who you are. *cough* @BaronVonGoon *cough*. I jest of course my dude. All in good spirit

[/Quote]

Lol
    The tracking for sure seems stronger because Im constantly pulled away from targets. Not sure about slow down itself since I seem to be over aiming sometimes. But since DICE put both into the same option, can't really tell

I mean yeah I guess but really if you test it, it's the strength of it. Slowdown has always done 2 things, it slowed down your aim as your reticle got close to a bubble around the target and then once you got on target it did this magnetic/sticky thing. The magnetic stickiness is worse than BF1. I tested this but it's hard to prove, you'd just have to feel it for yourself. I even posted a video showing what slowdown in this game does, it's egregious!

It's nothing like auto rotation though. But it's too damn sticky if you play on low sensitivity.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where are the options? I can't see any aim assist related options in controls?
  • HardAimedKid
    11038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where are the options? I can't see any aim assist related options in controls?

I'm not at home but I believe it's gameplay then advanced
  • zakrocz
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In BF1 they were moving away from what is essentially an aim bot in close quarters gunfights.
    BFV comes out and it's back to square one again. /sigh
  • HardAimedKid
    11038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zakrocz wrote: »
    In BF1 they were moving away from what is essentially an aim bot in close quarters gunfights.
    BFV comes out and it's back to square one again. /sigh

Pretty much, hopefully this will be a turning point lol
  • Louisthorpe1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Slow down is a bit strong, but auto rotation is the worst thing ever invented in gaming as far as "assisting" the player goes. So good for it to be gone.

I hope that now that it's gone that it's one it stays gone, even if people complain

i turned it off.. God help me
  • HardAimedKid
    Slow down is a bit strong, but auto rotation is the worst thing ever invented in gaming as far as "assisting" the player goes. So good for it to be gone.

I hope that now that it's gone that it's one it stays gone, even if people complain

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine lol
  • naitch44
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 7
    I don't think its entirely gone, I had some 'rotation' when fighting long range engagements.

Thats if auto rotation is what I think it is.
  • HardAimedKid
    naitch44 wrote: »
    I don't think its entirely gone, I had some 'rotation' when fighting long range engagements.

That's cause the slowdown is OP, gotta turn it off also
  • BaronVonGoon
    5360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Lol good luck

Its damned if you do damned if you don't with slowdown. It's sooooo strong that it messes with muscle memory and if you turn it off that strong magnetic stickiness is gone on the target so you end up missing shots to the right and left of the target as you constantly re-adjust aim.

I turn off slowdown for a few days every now and then. It helps aim. It kind of resets your aim because slowdown builds bad habits. But I use a mouse so my experience is a bit different.

if you turn it off definitely try and reduce your sensitivity.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have noticed a slight difference but mainly on my favourite weapon, the Gewehr 43 unfortunately. Reckon i'll get used to it easy enough and it's good for me in other games cos I don't think my aims too bad anyway. I felt aiming was okay to start with though difficulty wise. Definitely harder than BF1. Now it's literally saying, if you've never played an FPS game with a controller before, give this one a miss.
  • SpeedBird219
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always turned any aim assist off in all games. Except battlefront 2015. I couldn’t aim worth crap in that game for some reason. Glad it’s off for everyone in this game though!
  • HardAimedKid
    I have noticed a slight difference but mainly on my favourite weapon, the Gewehr 43 unfortunately. Reckon i'll get used to it easy enough and it's good for me in other games cos I don't think my aims too bad anyway. I felt aiming was okay to start with though difficulty wise. Definitely harder than BF1. Now it's literally saying, if you've never played an FPS game with a controller before, give this one a miss.

You'll get used to it and honestly if someone who hasn't played shooters played I think they'll be unaware and it'll actually be beneficial in them learning to get better. I'm sure in a day or 2 you'll love it though.
  • DaHuntzMen
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Slow down is strong and is stronger than before. Its going to ruin aim for some people. It's nothing like auto rotation though. If you feel the slowdown bubble is slowing down your aim too much prior to you actually getting the reticle on the target, try and reduce the deadzone a little. It helps give you that little fluidity in micro aim to get you that extra quarter inch to get you on the target.

You could increase the sensitivity but from my experience micro aim can be managed better with the deadzone.

The slowdown is stronger than normal but it's just so nice to see auto rotation out. I saw it in people's gameplay last night too. Oh and the forums "you broke my gun" I assume is actually "you took my aim assist" but they didn't know auto rotation removed

Oh its awesome. You can see it with some players aiming at you and missing so badly. Lol

I love it. Now like the spring patch on bf1 that they reverted let's hope this doesn't also get reverted. We will find out how many people actually play with it off that say they do here 😂

Except that my KD has suffered going from ez mode BF1 to this so ppl will suspect me lol. BFV is a challenge compared to BF1 especially for solo players. I'll just do the switch back to PS4 half way through the lifecycle and get a new KD with a new account. Lol

As far as I can tell virtually every good player has worse stats in BFV than in BF1. This isn't quite the skill game people made it out to be lol.

I have a hard time playing passively and my kdr always bounces around from .90-1.02 but my scoring is consistent.
  • DCSTomcat
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Slow down works through smoke and fog so it can tell you where people are when you can't see them. All aim assist should be removed, in my opinion. PUBG on consoles doesn't have any aim assist.
  • HardAimedKid
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

Slow down works through smoke and fog so it can tell you where people are when you can't see them. All aim assist should be removed, in my opinion. PUBG on consoles doesn't have any aim assist.

Completely agree
  • bigdippa93
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cool. i turn it off anyway.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Lol thats why stats increasing faster all of sudden

Where you been hiding?

In a bush or glitching behind the window, where else, lol

And you are? Oh, that so called comp guy going 12-11 etc 14-12 on pubs who says he don´t care but can´t even win. How on Earth would you be able to be competitive against actual good players then when you cant play some randoms. And nice ragequit 2 days ago, u and bavneet got tiered of being destroyed, 8 to 0 now in rounds for me. Why didn´t you join me last night? To afraid with your full Squad huh?
  • DaHuntzMen
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It took me a week or two to get used to controllers after switching from being a pc gamer to a ps4 gamer after playing exclusively on pc for 15 years playing about 6-10 hours a day on fps game and Battlefield and Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus with AA off on hard mode helped improve my aim along with Siege.