Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 5 50% off to veteran players 2 WEEKS after release?!?!?!?

imtheDorkMan
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I am one of probably a VERY good amount of the player base who pre-ordered BFV. I don't believe in pre-ordering, however EA always finds a way to twist your arm if you want to be one of the first to play their new title. I have been playing Battlefield since Christmas of 2002 with the legendary Battlefield 1942. Hearing that the game is already discounted 50% to VETERAN players a mere two weeks after release I feel is a very LOW BLOW!!! I have stuck with EA and Dice through thick and thin and I've forgotten NOTHING. I remember the state of BF4 at launch and how the game was literally UNPLAYABLE. Hardline almost didn't feel like a battlefield game. BF1 and its content drops were an absolute mess (not to mention being the ultimate casual game). Even Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront II (which are basically DEAD thanks to EA Dice also with horrendous content roll outs and a controversy that STILL has not ended). I feel it is EXTREMELY appropriate for myself as well as countless others who pre-ordered this title to receive a 50% refund and to still keep the deluxe version of this title (which I obviously have). I promptly contacted EA upon learning of this information and was told that "this promotion are all handled by the studio team and we do not have any access or involvement in setting the price of the game". They also said "the studio team has altered the price as per the feedback of the player as players gave the feedback that the game is very costly. Refunding or making discounts are not something that we sitting here can initiate without the option to do that. These are all handled by the studio team. These discounts all came up by the feedback of the players those who think that the game is very costly." I feel like I may be being mislead as, correct me if I'm wrong, EA's logo is on the box as well as this game sitting in Origin access. My post here is to gain traction to this issue so that it may hopefully be resolved. I appreciate anyone leaving feedback for myself or who agree with me and feel the same way. I hope this post leads to some type of resolution. I am fed up with these anti consumer business practices. It is not my fault the marketing for this title was almost non existent (and the marketing that was there was VERY controversial) and sales have not met expectations. (as well as the release being staggered, very confusing, and just a shady way of getting people to sign up for a premium membership). I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM PLAYERS WHO FEEL THE SAME WAY AS I DO! We all deserve a 50% refund for our pre-ordered copies!!

Comments

• lsloppyl
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, and I feel that EA and Dice have ripped me off. The longer this continues the more I feel that this disrespect for the people that put money in their pockets is all INTENTIONAL.
  • MagicalFlyingCar
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    This is what happens when game developers not only insult the player base but also add in questionable game design. It’s no surprise that Dice is trying to recoup their losses after that blunder with their “artistic” choices for the game. Here’s a funny thing, BF5 actually went on sale faster that that train wreck Fallout 76 did. It tells you something doesn’t it.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's dumb but what can we do? Nothing I suppose.
  • lsloppyl
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are so many video game developers out there, and somehow EA is the ONLY ONE to have major controversy after controversy. At this point its either 100% intentional or they really are just that out of touch. Either option is disastrous.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    40k player average across all platforms tells the whole story lol
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Consider this a lesson learned when Anthem comes out. Wait 2 weeks, then buy a bug riddened game.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lsloppyl wrote: »
    There are so many video game developers out there, and somehow EA is the ONLY ONE to have major controversy after controversy. At this point its either 100% intentional or they really are just that out of touch. Either option is disastrous.

Do you just close your eyes to video game news? I mean EA can be rediculous but not even close to being the only one. Activision anyone?
  • PLSZX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to see what they have to say about that one. I like the game but it feels like a slap in the face to the community.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I payed AUS $120 and I definitely feel like I should be returned some of this money.

In Australia we pay top dollar for everything but we have very strong consumer protection laws. I am not used to spending that kind of money for this kind of unfinished product.

• GarikovPaul
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree too
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Either some refund, or include a ton more skins. Hell, I'd be happy if they threw in the soundtrack.
  • Masqerader
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    lsloppyl wrote: »

Like how Bethseda released a broken game, tried to sell cheaper bags in their pre-order and was emailing players account info, address, cc info etc out...

OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Please use paragraphs in the future.

You obviously don't know how these forums work
    Post edited by Masqerader on
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    It's a kick in the teeth to anyone that pre-ordered this game. Thanks EA. You have insulted, attacked, ridiculed and now ripped-off your most loyal customer base, the ones that bother to pre-order at full price.

I hear ya dude, well said.
  • STJEDIX
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe, and then I saw Premier would have an even earlier access.

So I got the premier, then now I see the 50% off for veterans.

Easy money eh?

**** EA
  • j232211V7
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I paid $100 Can. for preordering the game and only got 8 maps and no naval battles, got no special content for preordering the deluxe version in August and a lovely 1 month delay. Disappointing DICE.
  • lsloppyl
    edited December 2018
    I forgot how Activision and Bethesda did things that were so scummy there were new laws introduced because of their actions... Oh yeah that was EA.
    Post edited by lsloppyl on
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that it hurts to see this game 50% off a week after I bought it, but really why should I be so upset? This game has not sold well, and if EA don't take steps, bfv will have a short lifespan. If this discount gets people into the game, we should be fine with that. Would you rather you paid full price for a game that dies after a few months? I for one am enjoying this game too much to be willing to see that happen.

It might suck if I think I could have gotten this game at half price, but the fact is I decided the full price was worth it to me. I can't control what happens after I make my purchase, and nothing changes the fact that I was ok with giving EA $60 for this game. I own my actions.

With that said, I think that EA could help out the community by rewarding those that bought the game early. God knows this game could use some good press. Getting some good skins or in game currency would be something I would be perfectly happy with.