I am a rank 1 pilot and I've played 1942,2,BC,3,4,1,5 here's my suggestions and criticisms for Dice regarding aircraft development.
1. Third person view in aircraft is a horrific idea, it turns a very basic pilot into a master with very little skill or practice. The ability to see where your opponent is turning along with the ability to inflict damage to his ability to turn makes it very difficult if not impossible for anyone to shake an enemy aircraft without a wing man. In the current state of BF5, if you are in a fighter and another fighter is on your tail. If a friendly plane or AA system does not save you from the enemy plane, the chance of being shot down are extremely high.
2. Bombers did not need massive adjustment, the third person aiming reticle did. Why make it so easy?? Aircraft should require skill, not arcade gimmick BS. What does it matter how many bombs a plane has or how fast it can reload if the pilot can't hit the targets.
3. Fighters and bombers MUST have anti infantry machine guns. Strafing and aircraft control MUST be the most skill based part of flying, having bombs to drop on infantry is great but if you want to have massive reload times they MUST have the ability to help ground troops.
4. Fighters fill no roll on any map that has an AA tank. If you want to kill infantry fly a bomber, if you want to kill planes, drive the AA tank or use an AA gun. Bombers do everything a fighter does, but better. They can take damage, kill infantry and dog fight well enough that fighters are just a novelty.
5. Why are passenger roles so limited? The JU bomber has downward facing anti infantry machine guns that are aimed by the pilot, why? Why are there no perk options to let passengers have more roles in a plane?
6. The amount of fixed AA guns is way too high. They should need to be pulled around the map with half tracks from spawns and have limited ammo and shorter range. Yes, of course you can blow them up, but not all of them and definitely not all of them if you have other planes and AA tanks to deal with, plus they just respawn. They need to be strategic, not in place stat pads for people that can't succeed in anything else. One dedicated AA gun or tank can shut down the entire opposing air force, it's just a matter of how bored that player wants to be.
7. The best wing man is the one in the AA gun. Let that sink in.
I'll add more to this as needed. There's lot of room for improvement.