Weekly BF

Grenades need huge buff

ZombieGent
43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
why have grenades been made so under powered, standard grenades take way too long to detonate with no cooking allowed, and the molly is a joke i have literally hit people dead on with a molly and it doesnt kill them, if you get set on fire in the face with a fire grenade.....you should die

Comments

• SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grenades are underpowered because Dice listened to the community regarding grenade spam.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m glad that you can only replenish them from supply sites ( and maybe ammo crates?). That’s a good thing about this game over BF1. No constant grenades exploding all the time
  • Woodlbrad
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree grenades are pretty weak same with sidarms they could use a buff aswell long as they don't over buff them making them all overpowered.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get kills with them all the time.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE is wrong about overpowered grenades in B1.
    My B1 stats: 3,229 kills but only 103 from grenades. How is that unbalanced?
    I wonder where they get data from. In Battlefield 1 there’s a literal storm of war that feels awesome. Grenades and explosives are an actual danger. I’ve never been killed by a grenade or got any kills with one in BV
    DICE should make decisions based upon actual data and not forum crybabies. Waa waa snipers! Waa waa grenades! :'( :'( :'(
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grenades are underpowered because Dice listened to the community regarding grenade spam.
    They’ve been made completely useless now. “Grenade spam” is exciting and dangerous. It feels like war. DICE “listening to the community” IS the problem. They should be looking at real data not being mislead by cranky players with “forum spam”
  • WittmannBaron
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Due to your ofensive post and noob requests, Dice will nerf it again... and ask you to don't buy their game.
    What they did to this game? How they could f*** up with everything? RIP
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The decrease in nade use is one of the best changes in BFV. Fire fights were chaos in BF1, it used to rain nades which was way over the top. Throw in mortars and everything else and it just got stoopid.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    They’ve been made completely useless now. “Grenade spam” is exciting and dangerous. It feels like war. DICE “listening to the community” IS the problem. They should be looking at real data not being mislead by cranky players with “forum spam”

Lol grenade spam exciting?
  • macktiz45
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It probably won’t happen unfortunately. Just look at the amount of crying over the grenades in BF1, and those weren’t nearly as powerful or numerous as they were in the first few battlefield installments.

Two problems are in the way of good old fashioned nades:

1- Trying to throw in COD style small maps with lots of choke points to attract that kind of crowd, despite the game not being balanced around that kind of thing. Metro in particular was disasterous for gameplay balance, as the devs listened to all the whiners playing that awful clusterf of a map. Argonne was similar in many respects, despite being much better designed.

2- A general inability of a lot of gamers to accept that dying a lot to grenades is due to them being stupid and bad at the game. Going to run to the middle flag on the bridge on Argonne and hide behind a few boxes? Yeah the other team is going to lob everything they can at you moron. Don’t blame the grenades for your poor situational awareness and over reliance on twitch shooting.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like grenade spam- we don't get enough grenades to spam them even if resupplied. They're really pathetic as they are now. The fuse is way too long and there to accommodate the ability to shoot them or throw them back which most people won't do because they're too busy running away from them and they have plenty of time to do so now, so noone ever gets hit by them and in the rare occasions when they are they don't do anything. The assault's grenade launcher is a joke. Should be a OHK, not tickle them.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apart from not being able to cook them they're fine as is imo.
  • zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to see all grenade types to be available for every class though... (yes even on support since the crate is on a timer).