Discussion & Dive-In - Battlefield V Chapter 1: Overture Update

Comments

• Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So has anyone got the retroactive company coins?
    I sure haven't.

Nope and I gain some funny amount of coin like 200 today for 4h playing lol what the **** EA?
  • Raptornorw
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The update messed up the blenheims ability to resupply it's main gun.
    Once you're out of ammo then thats it, only seat switching.

And the planes dont really have any chance what so ever to even survive vs 1 AA now.
    It is understand able that it should do great damage vs planes and such but come on..
    I dont say this cause i fly the planes just as much as I run around or drive but now they are complet useless game whise.
    If you had a problem With the planes before the patch then maybe you should consider shooting it Down With mostly any weapon of sort that does damage instead of complaining about OP Bombers/fighters.
    Also for the Upgrades on the planes.. Why cut 1 side of the Upgrade tree for some planes when you have set a timer for how long it takes to get bombs ready after resupply any way.
    Taking away certain Things from the planes that makes them what they are suppose to be and do then there is no point of having planes in the first Place. bombers bomb, fighters takes Down bombers and support the ground. dont mess it up just cause some players dies by them often and complains but in the end never do anything about the problem in the game if some 1 else aint doing it.
    Start looking for the real problems and not the non essential problems cause it leds to messing up roles to the apointed vehicles or class.
    I've been on the ground to vs bombers, no problem. You have a paznerfaust.. Use it.
    Taking Down a plane was never a problem before the patch either way,
    As for gun debuff and Upgrade: KE7 recoil fix dont help that much when it kills to fast then what it should do.

As for AA vehicles and guns, 20mm is still to weak vs infantry.
    37mm is somewhat okey from start, but the incindery (wrong spelled i Guess) is really weak air and ground vice With it's slow time on reacting after it hits something and little damage it does vs infantry and planes.

That leaves me over to the flame nades/bullet from AA Upgrade: Unless they stay in the fire for so long it burns then it does poor damage vs infantry unlike in BF1 where it did.
    You take more burn dmg from destroy vehicles and debries then the nade can do. (My opinion)

Other then that for now i haven't come across other problems so far to adress
  • Thereverseflash3122
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    1.infinite loading screen/double loading screen bug still exists and is still highly common
    2. v1 rocket bug where the screen turns black still exists

[Mod edit: removed ALL CAPS]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • PsyLightTrigger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, please stop catering to infantry only and tank only gameplay. I bought this game because it provides a unique gameplay feature that I haven't seen since battlefield 1942- ground to air coordination in a WWII setting. I was excited when I purchased the game because the flying felt fun to play, while not physically accurate. The planes were actually effective in turning the tide of battles. I was disappointed once the patch launched and the skill trees were reworked to further pigeon-hole planes into preset roles, and was further disappointed to see that vehicle skins cost more company coin than I could ever afford with any kind of vehicle customization. It's really annoying seeing infantry get hundreds of skins and 3D cosmetic items while tanks and planes get 3 or 4 skins that cost a ridiculous amount. Also, why are there so many air nerfs when there are plenty of infantry or infantry and tank only play modes? Leave air alone, seriously. DICE, if you read this, stop catering to players that want to ruin a unique feature and make air ineffective. By including air, and by making the flight mechanics fun and accessible, you have a product that more than just infantry players can enjoy. A lot of your fanbase plays battlefield specifically because it is *not* infantry only combat. Be careful not to ruin that.

My suggestion: Put some time in to provide more, cheaper skins for aircraft and tanks. Restore the customization routes in aircraft specializations.
  • JosephCr1984
    166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    The practice range is poorly designed... Can't spec a gun up, no horizontal moving targets, can't choose any vehicle , no moving targets for tanks at various distances or even real model tank targets , only able to practice with the spitfire .
    Come on surely you can do better than that.
    Please tell me you will improve it quickly.

I had trouble triggering the second attack wave on the gun range - must have not seen something I was supposed to hit or move towards.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    60+ fps, you mean 61 fps LOL
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Feedback (I'll give you feedback EA/Dice)

Core gameplay issues:
    Vehicles: Tanks
    Making adjustments to the core gameplay of vehicles like, turret speed, ammo, no vehicles spawns, self repairing, exit & entering animation, makes them feel weak, pointless. Could be coming from projects like Star Wars Battlefront, that you have forget the core aspects of what makes Battlefield, Battlefield.

You take this to another level with building vehicles also around the new building feature (no one asked for).

Infantry: Building
    One of the most, not wanted features ever in Battlefield. Thinking one wants to spend time in a video game to color in some greyed out coloring book with what you said should be there is by far the worst thing i have ever seen in the series. The way it was pre made into the game, makes every MP map boring.

I'm all for one building what they want, This is not building what a user wants, this is what the dev thinks should go there and waste the user time. There is a direct massive issues with this design as well. The maps being open at the start, give no direct cover between both teams, so people unaware of this start putting blame on classes and weapons.

Both of these are direct issues with core gameplay that affect not only the map design, but also how they work.

Battlefield 5 is a casual game trying to be Fortnite (without the correct building feature) with limited ammo, gadgets. The game tries it's best to stop any creativity. Most will notice this from the odd menus to the upgrade skill tree, just no creative design at all in this title.

A simple test to fix the issues
    Make a test server with very very different gameplay than the main title called Battlefield 5.
    Changes
    Health should go back to full over time
    Reviving: Turn off animation of revives, move to BF3 / BF4 / BF1 system. Turn off squad revives while in spawn gameplays.
    Spotting: Should be universe on normal gametypes, no icons of class type or anything should be shown, just a little dorito (BF4) no spotting at all in hardcore. Remove all spotting features like shot to gain a spot.
    Health & Ammo boxes should be a range to give ammo and health. Health & Ammo packs shouldn't raise your hand.
    Tanks turret speed should move to the setting they wish, ammo and reloads should be the same as BF4 directly. no self one button repair, repair overtime back to full.
    5 mags of ammo for the gun you spawn with for all classes
    Not sure what you could do with upgrade skill tree, it's really messed up, like by far, same with building feature.
    Massive import of maps from Bad Company 2 / BF2 / 2142 / BF3 / BF4

As i'm a gamer who plays many different games, i have no need to play BFV at all, There are older games like BF4 that have anything i need or want to enjoy my game. I could go into the more odd issues like how i think BFV looks like crap even at max, but that's my opinion. BF1 had some fun moments, but PC cheaters kill the fun in that.

If Dice you called this title something like Battlefield Battlefront WW2 or something i would be okay, as it would have been a spinoff like Hardline or Bad Company, but calling this Battlefield 5 is massive, massive disappointment. I don't want BFV to fail, but hasn't it already? I'm not being mean, i'm just trying to get Battlefield up to speed to be better than BF4 sometime down the road, but core issues need removed before this can happen.

• danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    KurbsMLK wrote: »
    is there a "wish list" somewhere that the community can write on, just for constructive stuff?

Absolutely. Use the forums as we cruise through on the daily!
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Sou1__0062 wrote: »
    UPDATE IS OUT STILL NO GETTING COMPANY COINS ON 50 LVL FIX IITTTTT

There's a bug in EoR screen that does not show the CC accrual. However, if you check your inventory you should be receiving them.
  • danmotoxx
    I sure haven't.

Yes, there was a batch job that went out that retroactively awarded CC for the hours spent at Max Rank prior to the fix going through. Are you sure you were Max Rank prior to the fix going through? How many hours were you at Max Rank during the time the issue was present?
  • danmotoxx
    1.INFINITE LOADING SCREEN/DOUBLE LOADING SCREEN BUG STILL EXISTS AND IS STILL HIGHLY COMMON
    2. V1 ROCKET BUG WHERE THE SCREEN TURNS BLACK STILL EXISTS

We're tracking both of these and hope to have resolutions soon.
  • danmotoxx
    60+ fps, you mean 61 fps LOL

Technically that + is accurate then. :P
  • MommyHacks
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    I sure haven't.

Yes, there was a batch job that went out that retroactively awarded CC for the hours spent at Max Rank prior to the fix going through. Are you sure you were Max Rank prior to the fix going through? How many hours were you at Max Rank during the time the issue was present?

I am definitely sure.
    I got to rank 50 before the deluxe edition was released i believe. But definitely 50 before standard release.
    And i have played every single day except 1. 4d 23h 24m Play Time if battlefieldtracker is to be believed.
    If i had to guesstimate at least 20-30+ hours.
  • DavTan
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any idea when you guys will be improving the practice range ... Surely you can't be happy with it as it is ... The majority of us are not.
  • Spectre_MT
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    About tired of the vanishing ammo crate bug. Even when it does stay put it does not count toward the assignment. Watched squadmates take ammo and at the end of the match? Nope, still 8 out of 12.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    So far the update is alright, but this game is still hot trash for the most part. TTK is too low, Conquest isn't even Conquest half the time, and the teams are horribly balanced as always with Dice. Low TTK just makes the whole issue that much worse. Can't see a big community sticking with this game despite the cries of it's so skill and hardcore GUYZ! No, it isn't. I can barely make out the people who kill me more in this game than in COD for the love of god. I might as well be dying to the wind in this game. And I'm doing fine, but the entire crux of the gameplay and the death spotting is just horrifying.

Tanks are absolutely abysmal unless you camp. Not sure what do to do there, but BF1 was just a better game in just about every way for me. People talk about skill. Well BF1 has plenty of that. Your illogical cries about bullet randomness don't suddenly equate to logical arguments. Everybody had that deviation, hence everyone is on the same basic skill level, and yet there are players with hugely variable levels of skill. If anything this game puts people's KDRs CLOSER together and LOWERS the skill gap lol. This what you call skill? No.

When I get kills in this game I laugh because I barely aimed across the map half the time. But mah skill guys. Nah, these low TTK games are all about twitch fests. While I don't hate the game, it has some many regressions from BF1 it's hard to have anything but indifference for it. If I had paid 80 for this I would be angry. 42 after tax for the deluxe digital is still a lot. It's worth nothing more than that.
  • demanspeed
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This update has caused a lot of new issues. My game constantly freezes. I’ll be locked into a death screen where I can’t respawn or I’ll just have a black screen and have to close the application out and restart.
  • Sonicjohnbh
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    KurbsMLK wrote: »
    is there a "wish list" somewhere that the community can write on, just for constructive stuff?

Absolutely. Use the forums as we cruise through on the daily!

Please communicate with your pilots DICE. It seems like every other complaint/feedback has gotten SOME acknowledgement EXCEPT those from flyers and their friends pointing out the insane changes to planes.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168354/the-plane-adjustments-have-broken-flying-in-bfv-and-it-has-little-to-do-with-bombers/p1
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12837 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Personally I think the location used for the test range doesn't really "fit".. if you follow?

Arras would have been a better map to use than hamada.

Or.. maybe you guys could add variants of the current mp maps to the test range so we can also practice things like flying through the bridge on twisted steel.

One suggestion is maybe have the maps Arras , Twisted steel and Rotterdam all included in the test range but add a map selection before you launch it.

Something else to suggest, Rather than using those wooden targets that pop up, Perhaps replace with NPC's from the campaign.

Also please give us the option to launch V1's at dummy targets or NPC's that sprint from one area to another area and back again so we can time V1's better.

One final thing I have to suggest.

Offline "64 player" bots for when player connections are flakey, Plus it's kinda fun disposing of NPC's.

You've got the AI quite good in the campaign to the point where I feel the NPC's could easily simulate a full 64 player server.

And adding the ability to have 4 players squad up against the NPC enemies in Conquest, Grand operations and Airborne modes.

To prevent it being too easy though, Perhaps lock the NPC AI to either "hard" or the hardest difficulty ( or give the option to select one of the 2 hardest difficulties )

"Time pause" option in spec mode for those epic shots at just the right moment.

If I think of anything further I'll throw it in there.
  • GhostyDotAU
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Can anyone please tell me why I can't proceed to the next stage of Tides of War. Ive already completed "Need Ammo" row. But it wont let me do the Ammo, Health Crate, or Destroy Fortifications tasks. Am I suppose to enable it or something?