Battlefield 5 50% off to veteran players 2 WEEKS after release?!?!?!?

Comments

• imtheDorkMan
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t disagree with your point of view. I think the main complaint I have specifically about the 50% discount is for veteran players, of course meaning having past battlefield accounts. The player base that always show up typically at release for this genre are past experienced players. Those players don’t usually wait several weeks before purchasing the title.
    I do think some sort of in game reward would suffice but it would have to be something somewhat significant. That route is the easiest way to resolve this but also easy to be cheap
  • ghos7bear
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With this discount I'd buy the game.
  • diagoro
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like the delux version additions weren't enough, now this. Clearly I wont be pre-ordering any games, any more.

Dice will benefit from the price drop now, but watch how masses of people don't order early next time.
  • Barikade21
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All i got for being a vet since BC2 was a stupid veteran dog tag. Im about to go back to bf4. Come on man. Even with bugs im all about bf but half off while i paid full? Thanks for the UBI-shaft DICE.
  • Nurvsy
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i will never pre-order again. zero trust now. i pre-ordered the deluxe because i knew i'd be playing it anyway, but i'm not giving them momey again before they deliver the product.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    40k player average across all platforms tells the whole story lol

Is there a way to see the actual player numbers in bfv?
  • digga11
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s shocking and we as ardent supporters get shafted first but lesson learned eh.
  • Barikade21
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really feel mad stupid after this. The sad part is even showing proof of purchase, no ones getting anything for paying top dollar. Sad
  • LC_Leos420
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, i pre-ordered the game deluxe edition , where are my 20 items weekly?
    And why you can't respect to us, the people who TRUST you when everyone were hating you?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The kicker is that they know full well that most of the veteran battlefield players already own the game.
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    haha...

Put me on the list as well.
  • Sturmfrisur
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    buy the xbox1 version from microsoft store and you get your 50% refund :*

Click here
  • Touch117
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I paid €81 back in May for the deluxe version. For this money you'd expect something good and rich of content. Not 8 maps, 3 campaign stories and kick in the groin by discounting this game 2 weeks after release. I agree that EA/Dice should compensate people who paid the game at full price, i.e. loyal fanbase, if they want anyone to pre-order the next installment in the Battlefield franchise, because as it stands, I'm probably not going to buy that one, at least not until some time after release of the game.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    So they punish the most loyal players.. :/ . £60 roughly for the Deluxe edition of the game and i payed for Premium EA.. so £75 for me , thank you EA/DICE.

Some Exclusive Loyal Early player skins, Deluxe skins might be in order here wouldnt you say? not that it would help much but it sure would take the sour taste from our mouths.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Touch117 wrote: »
    I paid €81 back in May for the deluxe version. For this money you'd expect something good and rich of content. Not 8 maps, 3 campaign stories and kick in the groin by discounting this game 2 weeks after release. I agree that EA/Dice should compensate people who paid the game at full price, i.e. loyal fanbase, if they want anyone to pre-order the next installment in the Battlefield franchise, because as it stands, I'm probably not going to buy that one, at least not until some time after release of the game.

I pre-ordered and paid a fortune too.
    There should be a law that stops this from happening. Let me explain - If you have bought Coca-Cola all your life and it always tasted the same or even refined and improved a little over the years, you have a certain bond with that company that you put your trust in to. Coca-Cola could use that trust, and send out a billion trillion cans of Coke to the world that has been watered down 99.9%. They would sell billions all over the world before the consumer rampage forced them to say something, upon which they had already made the money on those billions of cans for almost no cost. That. That's an analogy of what's happened here. Taking advantage of consumer trust. There should be a law stopping this kind of behaviour.
  • bannedSAVARD
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    only deluxe Edition or is the Standard 50% off too?
    on the Screen it says only deluxe, but some ppl on reddit say that u can buy the Standard for 30$?!

and only available in origin-app, right?

asking for a friend ^^ hehe, he played BF1 and now wants to join BFV...
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hahaha this is marketing. Learn to not buy preorders or deluxe edition before premiere very good :)
  • KingsPT
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lesson learned, never buy on launch again!

This game release as become more and more a total mess!
  • Pimp_SWE
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played all games since the beginning, I take that as an insult to loyal players
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even tho the sale came earlier then expected and is good, I will buy this fail only when the price will be around 15 euros or something. I feel your pain boys, but maybe the next time you wont hurry with preordering unfinished games, even if it is a triple A game.