BF5 needs large maps!!!

cobragt4001
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm really starting to believe that the lines between cod and bf is becoming more and more blurred. I swear that it appears with every bf release, the maps become smaller and smaller. BF 1942 back in the day had huge maps which justified planes and tanks. I really wish dice would actually go back to their roots with the new frostbite engine and give us fans a true BF experience. If dice wants to encourage squad play then push the BF series closer to mil sims or more hardcore shooters while retaining the causal element. You can not push a arcade game as team base, not happening. If dice wants proper teamplay, design the game around that. Some people honestly believe that BF5 was inspired by fortnite due to the fortification system, that can't be any further from the truth. Look at games like squad or arma 3 where there are actual realistic fortifications and there is a team effort to set up sniper or MG nests. Dice is taking elements from mil sims but they are not taking enough elements to make a true difference. I really wish dice would stop trying to compete with COD and allow the BF series to stand as it is and be that game that crosses the lines of mil sim and casual at the same time. I love the ideal of fortifications but what's the point if maps are only the size of neighborhoods?

Comments

• mancalleddave5
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DICE don't care - they have gone insane
  • TiMEvBoMB
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No need for bigger maps when Dice is making it clear this is an infantry based Battlefield. Looks like heavy vehicle combat(Tank vs Tank warfare) is a thing of the past which is sad because it was what set BF franchise apart from other shooters.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol we get two Maps and people flip think battlefield is now cod.

RNGesus what are you people on?

The French and North African maps have already had details given out about how vehicular focued they are

• trip1ex
    4637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I really wish dice would stop trying to compete with COD and allow the BF series to stand as it is and be that game that crosses the lines of mil sim and casual at the same time.

This! They had a sweetspot there between pure arcade and mil sim. It was arcade with a layer of depth. But not so much depth and realism to slow it down and make it plodding all the time. This feels like it is getting away from that.

And yep the other reason I played BF is for tanks, planes/helis, ships and infantry not just infantry combat. The variety of roles you could play with the vehicles in there always kept it fresh for me. 1000 guns never did anything for me. Oh this one has 5 bullets in a clip and this one has 7. Oooh but the 5 bullet clip gun shoots 15% faster. Rolls eyes. Same difference after awhile to me. Meanwhile playing a tankeer or pilot or rear gunner or flying a heli or picking up players with a jeep or being a gunner on a tank etc offer up, to me, much more substantial change in gameplay and thus true variety than the small differences between so many smgs or lmgs or sniper rifles.
  • Sound_Storm84
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really starting to believe that the lines between cod and bf is becoming more and more blurred. I swear that it appears with every bf release, the maps become smaller and smaller. BF 1942 back in the day had huge maps which justified planes and tanks. I really wish dice would actually go back to their roots with the new frostbite engine and give us fans a true BF experience. If dice wants to encourage squad play then push the BF series closer to mil sims or more hardcore shooters while retaining the causal element. You can not push a arcade game as team base, not happening. If dice wants proper teamplay, design the game around that. Some people honestly believe that BF5 was inspired by fortnite due to the fortification system, that can't be any further from the truth. Look at games like squad or arma 3 where there are actual realistic fortifications and there is a team effort to set up sniper or MG nests. Dice is taking elements from mil sims but they are not taking enough elements to make a true difference. I really wish dice would stop trying to compete with COD and allow the BF series to stand as it is and be that game that crosses the lines of mil sim and casual at the same time. I love the ideal of fortifications but what's the point if maps are only the size of neighborhoods?

I can say you are right. Back in BF3 and around BF4 the maps were somewhat huge. But it shrank in BF1 and BFV. They need to add a very huge maps and increase the size of the current one. And SPREAD THE FLAGS IN THEM. OK vote up from me.
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The French and North African maps have already had details given out about how vehicular focued they are
    Any links, like to see them.

• Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Both maps are fine in size for what they are. And if it's vehicle focus you want you have to wait until release.
  • WunderKatze
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The maps are huge. What are you talking about?
  • M00NZONE
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OP is right - The maps and flag points do feel like COD run and gun gameplay. They went so far away from the franchise, when the added the massive every 5 second explosion clusterfuck in neraly all BF1 maps.
    Its sad, but i think we will never get back to the roots, never ever. Maybe something special happens with the release of V, but i do not think so. Sad times ....
  • Teddiesta
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The larger scale maps are usually released in dlc
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

I can say you are right. Back in BF3 and around BF4 the maps were somewhat huge. But it shrank in BF1 and BFV. They need to add a very huge maps and increase the size of the current one. And SPREAD THE FLAGS IN THEM. OK vote up from me.

BF1 maps are perfectly sized and cleverly designed, nearly all parts of the maps are explored & accessed by players for a different mix of offense & defense tactics. as a result, BF1 has the best battlefield immersion out of all BF games even though they are all 32 vs 32 matches.

in BFV, it tried to simulate fortnight & COD, maps aren't just small, downgraded with inferior destruction on all things, the worst part is. 50% - 70% part of the maps are waste space where most players won't even access to these parts because no one would want to expose themselves to bipod campers in flat view terrain. So the same 32 vs 32 matchs never felt like the size and scale it had in BF1, cause most actions took place in 1 or 2 choke point while rest of the players are stuck in these narrow path, the only thing I have to say about BF V map design is "LOW IQ".