This game is lacking the polish of BF1.

Comments

• diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The coma rose is a perfect example. It had evolved up to BF1, where they found a great balance and functionality.

Of course they had to reinvent it, gimped many of the options, and made it difficult/buggy to use.
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Downgraded graphics

downgraded destruction

**** weapon "upgrade" options

Far less weapons

Far less vehicles

No behemoth

Low-quality game modes (especially grand operation & rush)

Low IQ map design where no players willing to access to 50% of the map areas

I want to see how these blind BFV supporters can put up an argument to facts above
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    windtear wrote: »
    Downgraded graphics

downgraded destruction

**** weapon "upgrade" options

Far less weapons

Far less vehicles

No behemoth

Low-quality game modes (especially grand operation & rush)

Low IQ map design where no players willing to access to 50% of the map areas

I want to see how these blind BFV supporters can put up an argument to facts above

I think the hardcore in general always blindly support the game. They play with friends nearly at all times. Take a look at the leaderboards. IDK but playing alone there is no way in hell I will have an 8KDR lol. I am lucky to be over 2, and honestly I am just not having much fun with this low of TTK. It's not how I want a shooter to be. I don't like COD, and this is nearly COD TTK. They should have kept the new BF1 TTK.
  • zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I truely disliked everything about bf1. The maps, the behemoths, the heroes, shooting at icons all day, the amazing amount of explosive spam, the bullet deviation, sweet spot mechanic... dice fixed all of that and I truely enjoy bf5.
  • Pillownaut
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Battlefield 1 felt like shooting guns in a game. Battlefield V feels like shooting guns in a game with a mouse.
    I have not touched the game in about a week, and I'm actually relieved my Premier subscription runs out today. I'll consider buying the $15 "Revolution edition" when the time comes. Back to the trenches :-)

Edit: I'm lying. I've tested the Test Range after the patch, but that's it.
  • West_london_fc
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After playing for 1 day a 6 hours (in game) I have to say I am selling this game (thank god I bought it on disc). The game was manageable before the patch but now after the new patch guns seem to be really random. Unload a whole clip and they just run away. Bugs where when you press the trigger button your friend list comes up. Dying in one frame. I just can’t tale it no more. The game has become a chore for me so back to BF1.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zePokar1 wrote: »
    I truely disliked everything about bf1. The maps, the behemoths, the heroes, shooting at icons all day, the amazing amount of explosive spam, the bullet deviation, sweet spot mechanic... dice fixed all of that and I truely enjoy bf5.

They didn't fix anything. They just took everything out and made this more like COD to be honest. But without some of the cool movement in that game and worthless building. I don't get the love for this. You guys must be COD fans too then, because this is getting pretty close to it.
  • zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

They didn't fix anything. They just took everything out and made this more like COD to be honest. But without some of the cool movement in that game and worthless building. I don't get the love for this. You guys must be COD fans too then, because this is getting pretty close to it.

BF1 was the most casual BF all imo.
  • SebastianYarric
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I truly disliked everything about bf1. The maps, the behemoths, the heroes, shooting at icons all day, the amazing amount of explosive spam, the bullet deviation, sweet spot mechanic... dice fixed all of that and I truly enjoy bf5.

They didn't fix anything. They just took everything out and made this more like COD, to be honest. But without some of the cool movement in that game and worthless building. I don't get the love for this. You guys must be COD fans too then because this is getting pretty close to it.

-
    I stopped playing Bf with Battlefield Vietnam
    my favorite was Battlefield 1942 and the add-ons were sort of funny.
    I still think the first 2 bf games where really casual.
    -
    Bf1 was the next one I played and yes it is casual in a way.
    But I did have my woah moments in it that I miss in bf5.
    BF5 is a game that is about 18 years too late for me.
    I just don't have the time I would need to really enjoy this game.
    It's going in the direction of a squad/teamplay orientated gameplay.
    and I just have no time to make friends in-game, well ok made 2 or so,
    I usually have no time to play or can't play at an appointed time that ppl use for squad/clan training.
    Because I have kids, job, house, and 2 dogs...
    So I take what I can 20 min in the morning... and 30 min after dinner... I started to play late at night
    like from 12- 2 or 3 am. :'(
    OMG, I have lost my way...
    BF1 was casual / Bf5 feels like work.
  • West_london_fc
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    [quote
    [/quote]

I agree. BF5 feels like a lot of work. You have to be in a squad ect. Gone are the days of picking up BF1 and having a blast playing a few rounds. The game feels like a chore to play through and that’s not what I play games for. The game had also turned super sweaty try hard. Anyways I’m a believer of change and I’ll pick up the game next year if significant changes are made l. Also in a way I hope the servers start to become empty soon. Sounds bad but this will show EA/Dice who their true target market is.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am enjoying it personally.

I would make the UI a bit more intuitive with less button presses and screens to wade through.

Other than that I am happy.
  • zePokar1
    I truly disliked everything about bf1. The maps, the behemoths, the heroes, shooting at icons all day, the amazing amount of explosive spam, the bullet deviation, sweet spot mechanic... dice fixed all of that and I truly enjoy bf5.

They didn't fix anything. They just took everything out and made this more like COD, to be honest. But without some of the cool movement in that game and worthless building. I don't get the love for this. You guys must be COD fans too then because this is getting pretty close to it.

-
    I stopped playing Bf with Battlefield Vietnam
    my favorite was Battlefield 1942 and the add-ons were sort of funny.
    I still think the first 2 bf games where really casual.
    -
    Bf1 was the next one I played and yes it is casual in a way.
    But I did have my woah moments in it that I miss in bf5.
    BF5 is a game that is about 18 years too late for me.
    I just don't have the time I would need to really enjoy this game.
    It's going in the direction of a squad/teamplay orientated gameplay.
    and I just have no time to make friends in-game, well ok made 2 or so,
    I usually have no time to play or can't play at an appointed time that ppl use for squad/clan training.
    Because I have kids, job, house, and 2 dogs...
    So I take what I can 20 min in the morning... and 30 min after dinner... I started to play late at night
    like from 12- 2 or 3 am. :'(
    OMG, I have lost my way...

Can't please everyone I guess. I know it doesn't feel like work at all for me personnally :D I'am having great fun.
  • Khronikos
    Game feels like all work. The only reason I come back with this COD TTK is because I paid 40 bucks. But honestly I already lost the feel. That is not a good sign. Without a full squad of people I know this game is about dead to me. Good luck satisfying the COD crowd with this game DICE.

Because honestly I feel like all these people saying this game is casual are now COD fans. How anyone could call a TTK this low hardcore or whatever is ridiculous. This is a twitch shooter right now. Firefights barely happen and you are dead. Unless you have a coordinated squad you have very little chance in succeeding. So I guess this is what the youtube crowd wanted. We'll see how it goes. Unless they make big changes I cannot see me wasting my time with this game.

Of course on these forums you have guys who spend their entire lives in these games. Their opinions are mostly worthless. No matter what they are given they will spend their life in this game and love it no matter how bad it is. I'm not that kind of guy. I need a quality game. And this is not a quality game.
  • Skill4Reel
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The PS2 level of detail in the tree textures. The incredibly distracting environment pop in. Forgettable level design. I had a lot of issues with Battlefield 1 as well right after it launched, but that game never gave me that cheap, unfinished feel like Battlefield V currently does. The multiplayer experience in this game seems so low budget.
  • Khronikos
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    The PS2 level of detail in the tree textures. The incredibly distracting environment pop in. Forgettable level design. I had a lot of issues with Battlefield 1 as well right after it launched, but that game never gave me that cheap, unfinished feel like Battlefield V currently does. The multiplayer experience in this game seems so low budget.

I have to agree. There is something really off about this game. It just doesn't have that polisehd BF1 vibe to it. And yeah it took awhile for BF1 to hit its stride, but I never felt like this. With the TTK so low I feel every time I wanna boot it up... I can just go do something else. Which is FINE, but hey if you want people actually playing your game and buying stuff IDK. I am not buying jack for this game lol. 40 for the deluxe was already too much.

I feel like I am testing an alpha game right now.
  • Snowcow59
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The "BF1 was casual" statement that keeps popping up is interesting, because in my small region where everyone knows everyone the average/bad players from BF4 and earlier who switched to BF1 stayed average/bad, and the good players from BF4 who stuck with BF1 stayed good. I didn't see the overall playing ability of the population shift in any notable way.
  • BtheReaper49
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    una322 wrote: »
    i like bfv, but its frustrating to play. with all the campers, stupid bombers, hard to see people, crappy selection of weapons, terrible tanks ext. i went back to play me some bf1, and it was night and day. bf1 is just soo crisp, looks nice, i can see again. and its fun. maps are good, vehicles work. game feels like your in a war and not a small skirmish. its just better right now. i will come back now and then when they drop a new map in bfv to see if it gets better. But yeh ive put like 60 hours into bfv, and im already kinda bored.
    When bf1 came out i was playing it for months before i started to crave new content.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Video games are supposed to be more fun than frustrating and BF1 has that over BFV in spades in just about every category....weapon balance, TTD (at least before TTK 2.0), immersiveness (Operations vs Grand Operations), maps that cater to multiple playstyles successfully, and on & on. Maybe BFV will be cleaned up and get better balance but I'm not so sure....
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get the feeling that most the players who love BFV, are those that played hardcore.
  • nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe this is how people want it

May I correct you, sir. It's not how the "people" want it, it's L*velcap and his highly disadvantaged r*ddit followers who strongly insisted BF to be like this.
    They are the loudest guys around here and you know the rules: They loudest guys are usually the 'mdmhhnhmhst' ones.
    If Dice only would have listened to the rational and quite people here and there, they rarely talk nor do spam r*ddit and y*utube with toxic flash lights and eternal flop flops, instead they do play the game and they know things.