Battlefield 5 50% off to veteran players 2 WEEKS after release?!?!?!?

Comments

• lllneonblacklll
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The most efficient way to show EA why it can't continue to manage it's business the way it currently does, is to stop playing the game, across all platforms, at least for a day.
    Lets see what empty servers can do.
    (This will of course require logistics I'm not sure the community can pull off)
  • Jimibob007
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You paid an extra 50% for 2 weeks' play. Where else can you keep yourself entertained for ~100+ hours for £35? Even the cinema costs about £15 these days...

Even full price for £70 is worth it when I know that I will spend over 300 hours on this.

They have to cover R&D costs and make up for a botched launch.

I do agree, however, with the disgruntled sentiments. The game launched clearly unfinished in terms of both bugs and content. Fewer maps and gamemodes than ever, no Dolby Atmos support etc.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone complaining about what they paid for deluxe, did it to themselves. You knew all you were really getting was a couple of days early and a few cosmetics.
  • Broliszibaila
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Well, few days i said - how DICE/EA going to suprise us again...And here we go - i didnt expected this :D

I hope both sides going to learn samething here: People who likes to pre-order and DICE/EA - that you cant just simple insult your costumers and try to push swedish agenda, because world is huge and here a lot of countries who still has strong identity and common sense - WHO IS WHO. You cant just push your stuff what works in your country...

In this situation won the uneducated people. I think now educated people are really happy :)

P.S. I would like to speak deeper here, but i fear to get removed...Because same people here working like red and brown dogs.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1341 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, i just got it for 30, but with my 10 microsoft points, 20 dollars. But then again, folks should have known (like i did), what was going on with this game, and what happened with Revolution on BF1. It was bound to happen, and you have to learn from it.
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I was torn between this for £55 or Far Cry 5, on offer for £25.

I picked this.

BIG MISTAKE!

post edited by mod
  • ackers75
    1807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just how many times have people been told to not preorder!
    What part of don’t preorder don’t you understand.

Your ya own worst enemy and zero sympathy is given.
  • ragnarok013
    1809 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I was torn between this for £55 or Far Cry 5, on offer for £25.

I picked this.

BIG MISTAKE!

post edited by mod

@This_Game_Suxxx Intentional circumvention of the profanity filters is not allowed. Please refrain from doing so moving forward.

• xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nurvsy wrote: »
    i will never pre-order again. zero trust now. i pre-ordered the deluxe because i knew i'd be playing it anyway, but i'm not giving them momey again before they deliver the product.

Same here... No more pre-orders.
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LC_Leos420 wrote: »
    Dice, i pre-ordered the game deluxe edition , where are my 20 items weekly?
    And why you can't respect to us, the people who TRUST you when everyone were hating you?

Bad news... it's "one" item per week for 20 weeks = 20 items. :( Sorry.
  • JamiePrittPeters
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The digital version only dropped to about 42
  • wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we all just be realists for a second? Seriously. You all saw the reports on pre-order sales and first day sales, right? You saw that the numbers were dismally low, right? If you didn't, they were.

Does it suck we paid twice what people are paying now? Sure. That doesn't circumvent the point that the player base needs to grow to keep the game alive. If they weren't selling at 60 bucks, then we're all faced with a game that peters out when the original players get bored. This adds more players, and more longevity.

It's not rocket science, folks. It's really not.
  • PaTrIoT-StEaLtHK
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi all,

As a BF veteran myself I can totally see why you would be annoyed about this. All previous BF's I have pre ordered with the exception of BF5. I logged into BF1 last night via my PS4 and was presented with the offer of 50% off the deluxe version. It's still £39.99 via PSN with the discount, so it's still not a bargain.

Everything I've read indicates this game is half finished at best. I know BF1 had issues at launch and beyond, but I stuck with it and think that's a great game. Honest opinions, for those who brought BF5 would you buy it again knowing what you do now?
  • TheHangingBrain
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's total bull crap. If anyone started a class action suit for at least a refund of the inflated amount the loyal fans paid, I'd be down. I've seriously contemplated looking into legal recourse.

A few months after release, this would be ok, but we're talking weeks. It's a scam.
  • pest174
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's total bull crap. If anyone started a class action suit for at least a refund of the inflated amount the loyal fans paid, I'd be down. I've seriously contemplated looking into legal recourse.

A few months after release, this would be ok, but we're talking weeks. It's a scam.

Some guy in the forums said something very similar not too long ago, and he was laughed out. Now it doesn't seem so far-fetched.

There's already a class action suit against Bethesda for Fallout 76, so it wouldn't be surprising if something of that nature occurred to EA for this game.
  • flatrock101
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    99 % of you will be first in the queue for the next new game,

EA/DICE Have you hooked and you know it.
  • AzafTazarden
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, few days i said - how DICE/EA going to suprise us again...And here we go - i didnt expected this :D

I hope both sides going to learn samething here: People who likes to pre-order and DICE/EA - that you cant just simple insult your costumers and try to push swedish agenda, because world is huge and here a lot of countries who still has strong identity and common sense - WHO IS WHO. You cant just push your stuff what works in your country...

In this situation won the uneducated people. I think now educated people are really happy :)

P.S. I would like to speak deeper here, but i fear to get removed...Because same people here working like red and brown dogs.

Honestly, the "progressive agenda" is not a problem at all. It changes almost nothing in the gameplay exept for muh immersion. The amount of bugs and bad marketing decisions, on the other hand, that is definetely ruining a decades long awesome franchise.
  • AzafTazarden
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    wc138 wrote: »
    Can we all just be realists for a second? Seriously. You all saw the reports on pre-order sales and first day sales, right? You saw that the numbers were dismally low, right? If you didn't, they were.

Does it suck we paid twice what people are paying now? Sure. That doesn't circumvent the point that the player base needs to grow to keep the game alive. If they weren't selling at 60 bucks, then we're all faced with a game that peters out when the original players get bored. This adds more players, and more longevity.

It's not rocket science, folks. It's really not.

I get that they need to do something to keep the game alive. I would hate to see Battlefield die because of silly things like female characters, this is where I think the fanbase should grow the heck up. But it does feel bad for those of us who have been loyal fans of the franchise for so long to be punished for EA's terrible marketing decisions, I mean, they incited a boycott on themselves, how stupid can one be? The least they could do is offer some kind of ingame compensation, I feel like some coins or an exclusive skin would satisfy a lot of people, myself included. It doesn't take much, but the way it's been it seems like EA is confirming their total lack of respect for their player base.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    COD BO4 is also on sale for 50%

Seems like BFV going on sale prompted BO4 to also go on sale prematurely. I wonder if this a new trend in tactics moving forward with these two titles that are released before the holidays.

But i got two of my friends to buy the game, and i'm thinking of buying a copy for another friend as a gift- bright side?
  • TFBisquit
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm, I'm looking at the prices also, can get it for 40 euros now on origin.
    But should I get it? I was already waiting for reviews and general impressions. No pre-order for me anymore.
    Have played the beta for a couple of rounds, which ran great on my system, but felt boring quickly. Still, also felt some urge to fire up amother round.
    So, lots of negativity about BF5 to be found on forums, lesser performance compared to the beta, which appeared to run fine on many old systems, but now not so fine.
    The early acces, which apparently gives those that paid for that, an enormous advantage.
    Reading from players they are insta killed all the time due to lack of experience, and thrown in rounds with the already experienced players.
    Overpowered weapons, underpowered weapons.

So in a nutshell, yes, this game does need new blood to keep it alive, just as any other game. Getting it at a reduced price will cerainly help also.
    But just weeks after release? Certainly a wet dream for those waiting to find the game in the budget department, but not so good overall since it indicates poor sales.
    So I'm gonna wait a little longer, to see how much cheaper it will get at christmass. After all, if it runs poorly on my machine, I don't wanna spend too much money on it. And getting "owned" in an online game isn't something I look forward to either. Not at full price.