Medic and Support crates are awful. Change my mind.

Natetendo83
1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Easily the worst part of this week's Tides of War assignment.

Comments

• DaMutha1
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. Though support crates are easy to boost with a buddy. Med crates are more of a pain
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Serious question. What is this obsession with recent threads that say “change my mind?”

Nobody can change my mind that the crates are awful in the current state.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support crates aren't that bad. Everyone needs ammo and they even resupply gadgets.
    Medical crates suck all around. Their only advantage is healing AND giving a med pack, but you have to interact with them and most people either aren't looking for them or don't realize they're standing beside one. It's the only ToW assignment I haven't completed.
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Serious question. What is this obsession with recent threads that say “change my mind?”

It's just a meme from a YouTuber.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    Support crates aren't that bad. Everyone needs ammo and they even resupply gadgets.
    Medical crates suck all around. Their only advantage is healing AND giving a med pack, but you have to interact with them and most people either aren't looking for them or don't realize they're standing beside one. It's the only ToW assignment I haven't completed.

Yeah visibility is very poor in this game, can't see mines, crates or anything else on the ground without lots of effort ...
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive completed them in 10 minutes. Try using them in smaller maps like tdm and domination.
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    Ive completed them in 10 minutes. Try using them in smaller maps like tdm and domination.

Ahh... Thanks for the tips!!! Gotta try with different modes.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this in another thread a moment ago, but here are my suggested fixes:
    Both the crates would be fine if they were a passive grab (like walking over a dead soldier and taking the ammo pack). Having to interact with it in a firefight is proving to be the issue. Thus as a medic I stick to the pouches to heal other players instead of the crate they forget about or can't utilize at the time. I also think these crates should have a limited number of bags in them that can be grabbed at any time without a cool down. A soldier already has a limit, so one player can't grab 10 pouches. I think 10 pouches should be there and when taken they are gone, drop another crate. The key though is the walk over and not having to interact with it like the depots or supply drops.
  • ElliotLH
    9540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is why whenever I've seen a med or ammo crate in-game I've been hurting myself to give heal points or firing off rounds for resupply points.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst interaction with the crate may be daunting for some the only issue I find with them is no marker on the minimap for them (I feel it would go a long way) and the ridiculous cooldown on the damn thing. You shouldn't be able to spam it like BF3/4 but for God's sake it's painful
  • PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ammo crates are great, and that assignment only took one round. The fact they resupply rockets makes them extremely useful.
    Medic crates on the other hand, I feel you there.
  • Typh39
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medic Crates are barely used. It's one of the challenges that is partially completed. No one bothers with them. I miss putting one down and it heals all around.
  • oxi_lu
    84 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The crates are good, the blueberries are awful though, because 75% don't know how stuff works/how to use it.
    For these assignments it all comes down to the lobby and a bit of luck, or a lot of luck depending on the lobby.
  • Typh39
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ammo crate challenge I got done in one game of conquest on the Mountain map. I will try to put the Medic Crate back on my medic and hope people will use it.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really hate that 'change my mind' headline add-on, it's redundant, this is a forum people will try, it's understood. Would you like to know more?
  • AzafTazarden
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Whilst interaction with the crate may be daunting for some the only issue I find with them is no marker on the minimap for them (I feel it would go a long way) and the ridiculous cooldown on the damn thing. You shouldn't be able to spam it like BF3/4 but for God's sake it's painful

This. I feel like if it had more visibility it would be really helpful, most people just don't realize the crate is there. Sometimes you see someone with low health, and you keep following them hoping they will eventually turn around and understand that you're putting the health down for them, but it just never happens. Also the cooldown is too long, which makes it even harder because sometimes you just place it in a bad spot, and then you have to wait forever to place it again in a good spot with cover and lots of teammates, but when it's finally available again everyone is either dead or running around to somewhere else. I know there must be SOME cooldown so this mechanic can't be abused, because I figure if you put the crate down it would reset the player's own cooldown to grab health out of it, but the way it is it simply isn't working. I've played 5 rounds in a row with the med crate and barely reached 200 health cured. 200 in 5 rounds is ridiculous as a medic, I've been essentially useless in the healing department. Also, PLEASE MAKE THE CRATES STOP PLACING UNDER THE GROUND. Places like the Twisted Steel bridge are just impossible, as you place the crate and it falls through the ground into Narnia. This needs to be fixed before the Tides of War is over, or we should be given this assignment for free since the crates are so useless at the moment.
  • VOLBANKER
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hate 'change my mind' headlines.

Change my mind.