The fighters are ruined!!

1234568»

Comments

• H8mEx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    H8mEx13 wrote: »
    The chances are good to have it back to being good coming tuesday.

Changes seems to be coming, but whether it's on next Tuesday is a different matter. I think they will just address the critical bits, crashes and bugs first. But encouraging news nevertheless.

Yes, you are right. But I really do hope they fix it by Tuesday. If so, I might regain some of my faith in DICE.
  • ACS_SB4lifeNL
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    iCk3Y wrote: »
    Nice one DICE not only did you nerf fighters into oblivion but I’ve just discovered that my new skin for the VA spit is only visible to me.....to everyone else it’s still drab green, carry on grinding that salt into the wound..

Wauw just wow, luckily i alt-f4 after i noticed they messed up the air vehicles this bad and have not touched bf5 after, so i did not get the skin luckily. It feels like they just grabbed some catchwords from all the complaints and just played sramble with the words to create this this devestating patch. Ofcourse it's about all planes cus people complain about planes;) it must be all of them and definatly not only the Junkers 88 otherwise all these''Uneducated'' people with less than 100 hours battlefield of total would definatly call the right plane by name so we gotta nerf em all team!
    Post edited by ACS_SB4lifeNL on
  • H8mEx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iCk3Y wrote: »
    Nice one DICE not only did you nerf fighters into oblivion but I’ve just discovered that my new skin for the VA spit is only visible to me.....to everyone else it’s still drab green, carry on grinding that salt into the wound..

Wauw just wow, luckily i alt-f4 after i noticed they messed up the air vehicles this bad and have not touched bf5 after, so i did not get the skin luckily. It feels like they just grabbed some catchwords from all the complaints and just played sramble with the words to create this this devestating patch. Ofcourse it's about all planes cus people complain about planes;) it must be all of them and definatly not only the Junkers 88 otherwise all these''Uneducated'' people with less than 100 hours battlefield of total would definatly call the right plane by name so we gotta nerf em all team!

I did play a bit. Even though I was able to kinda survive on Panzerstorm in a fighter (went 14 - 1) I could hardly fly anywhere because of AA tanks shoot me wherever I am. Literally from one end of the map to the other. Since there are so many tanks on Panzerstorm its kinda logical to go for them in a plane. But well, we have literally no effect on ground vehicles lol. I mean we could bomb stuff, but the damage is ridiculous and then we need like 45 seconds to get a new load of bombs that make 30 vehicle damage...

Flying has gone from very very exciting to completely boring and pointless. People are saying dogfighting is now better. I really disagree. Planes felt way better before. Nerfing the 8x of Spitfire was a good thing to do though.
  • xXR33F3RXx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im like 90% infantry, i will say the bomb cooldown is abit much and the amount of bullets are also abit low, imo over nerfed abit much.
  • StukaBlayt
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    god i'm glad i didn't bought the game and just used premier , they ruined the airgameply
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    StukaBlayt wrote: »
    god i'm glad i didn't bought the game and just used premier , they ruined the airgameply

Sorry to say but BFV air gameplay was bad from the start ;)
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Biggest BS is the SPAA buff, I’ve been seeing them go 70+ streaks on infantry only maps... On maps with planes they’re just unkillable in a lot of cases. You should be able to strafe them through the turret roof, just like in War Thunder. They have an open top roof!!! Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve never seemed to be able to get any enemy hit markers through the turret roof.
  • PrecisionWing
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Biggest BS is the SPAA buff, I’ve been seeing them go 70+ streaks on infantry only maps... On maps with planes they’re just unkillable in a lot of cases. You should be able to strafe them through the turret roof, just like in War Thunder. They have an open top roof!!! Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve never seemed to be able to get any enemy hit markers through the turret roof.

If you are lucky enough to not get shot down by it 2/3 map away, you just become an easier target in close range, so RIP
  • xxgrimrefferxx
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I'm wondering is why the devs have yet to acknowledge this monumental screw up? There has been no communication on these forums about anything. They done a reddit ama with no member from the vehicle team present, after a huge update to the vehicles?! Are they serious? Will they ever answer?
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played fighter a few hours tonight and would have to agree that they are poor right now. Takes way to many shots to do anything specially with quick repair being so quick and easily resupplied.

The bombers reload is a bit much, need to reduce it by about 10 to 15 seconds
  • Kattetech
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SPAA are completely op. Literally no-fly zone for slow bombers. Paper fighters also can only flow low or get 3-shot.
  • DreammVAC
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest i never thought of bombers when i played an infantery role...the hardest part about those bombers in my opinion is not there killstreak but the fact that if a spitfire tries to take out a ju88 the ju88 pilot switches to rear gun mode and blows the spitfire into pieces... If they found a solution to that then more planes would be able to take down bombers. nobody would have to cry about the fact they get spawnkilled etc. by the bombers.
    But now the fighter planes are at an even worse disadvantage! Not the fix i hoped for xD at least don't let you switch seats in such a bomber. unless there are 2 or more players in one bomber plane there is no reason for a spitfire to lose against a JU88.
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Flying was ruined when they implemented it into 5. I’ve never hated using a plane so much as I do in this game. And being a pilot is one of my favorite BF roles.
  • FCKJM
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im happy with the situation as it is right now. Less bombs equals more fun for infantry players.

I also think it doesnt take that much to be a decent pilot and after few hours you get a lot of kills. Its just been too rewarding and imo still is.
  • ACS_SB4lifeNL
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    FCKJM wrote: »
    Im happy with the situation as it is right now. Less bombs equals more fun for infantry players.

I also think it doesnt take that much to be a decent pilot and after few hours you get a lot of kills. Its just been too rewarding and imo still is.

thats the problem, it has nothing to do with bombs, they nerfed all the air vehicles even though they only had to nerf the Junkers-88 This is what happens when unexperienced players start crying about planes, and are not educated about what plane is causing the problem and such, now all the airvehicles had massive nerfs, on every possible aspect (Movement,damage,reloadtimes,ammo count) It does not take that much to be a decent pilot cmon give me a break, being a pilot is prob one of the hardest things to masterin the battlefield series :P thats also the reason people **** on it so much! Cus they stop practicing after crashing a few times or being shot out the air, i'm sure 90% of the people who think aa needed a buff and think it's still underpowered and airvehicles overpowered, have never really tried airvehicles or just did not have the patience to become good with it. And if planes are so overpowered and easy to use why is only a small % using them? Because they actually love planes and practice flying! Remember there is people with thousands of hours battlefield! Who get these scores with airvehicles cus they practiced in all the other bf games! And these people will do just as good playing infantry because, more experience in battlefield games. The Junkers 88 is the plane you are talking about( it's the one that dropped 32 bombs ;) ) get your facts right
    Post edited by ACS_SB4lifeNL on
  • PrecisionWing
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FCKJM wrote: »

thats the problem, it has nothing to do with bombs, they nerfed all the air vehicles even though they only had to nerf the Junkers-88 This is what happens when unexperienced players start crying about planes, and are not educated about what plane is causing the problem and such, now all the airvehicles had massive nerfs, on every possible aspect (Movement,damage,reloadtimes,ammo count) It does not take that much to be a decent pilot cmon give me a break, being a pilot is prob one of the hardest things to masterin the battlefield series :P thats also the reason people **** on it so much! Cus they stop practicing after crashing a few times or being shot out the air, i'm sure 90% of the people who think aa needed a buff and think it's still underpowered and airvehicles overpowered, have never really tried airvehicles or just did not have the patience to become good with it. And if planes are so overpowered and easy to use why is only a small % using them? Because they actually love planes and practice flying! Remember there is people with thousands of hours battlefield! Who get these scores with airvehicles cus they practiced in all the other bf games! And these people will do just as good playing infantry because, more experience in battlefield games. The Junkers 88 is the plane you are talking about( it's the one that dropped 32 bombs ;) ) get your facts right

It's a typical dice style, now ppl are complaining about TTD, looks like most ppl didnt want any changes, but dice did it anyway.
    Two possible reasons, 1. To make bf5 just as casual as bf1 to attract more casual players( pretty sure bf5 sale is very weak)
    2. An alternative way to fix one shot kill bug
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Bagliner wrote: »
    What have they actually done? The spitfire made easy work of most enemies I found (air to air).

Spitfires 8x MG's ammo count has been dropped from 1000 to 350, plus they overheat now quickly. Also the bombs on Spitfire now have a similar replenish timer just like in bombers. BF-109's explosive rounds do less damage to bombers than before, and the damage against infantry has been nerfed.

The spitfire guns aren't even the problem. It's the spitfire VB's 8x rockets that are USELESS against tanks, and BF109 explosive rounds USELESS against infantry. The main guns out dps explosive rounds!
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Spanners2k wrote: »
    what about the JU88

The 50kg bomb number has been reduced to 16 and there is a delay added to their drop rate

Give the 12 infantry cannons a go. It's a slaughterhouse so long as you shoot airplanes not infantry. Trust me these will be the next cry for nerf.

The stationary's are strong but fine for now imo, because you can atleast counter them with skill. The german flakpanzer is complete BS and does need a nerf. It's literally insane, while being invincible to air.