** (HotFix incoming) You are spotted for 5 seconds when you get a kill

Comments

• 1984rage
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Huntbang wrote: »
    Yeah the bug explains a lot of bs. No idea why this bug isn't #1 priority. I was hooked on the game but I had a lot of "there was no way he knew I was there" moments. It really makes me want to stop playing until it's fixed. Bipod issues, climbing over obstacles issues, setting down boxe issues. I've been defending battlefield this whole time but all these bugs and inconveniences are ridiculous.

The stupid thing is that it doesn't even need to be a priority because its just flipping a switch.

It needs to be certified by Sony, the Xbox gang for it to be released I've heard. But seems like a simple fix to turn that sillyness off.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1984rage wrote: »
    Huntbang wrote: »
    Yeah the bug explains a lot of bs. No idea why this bug isn't #1 priority. I was hooked on the game but I had a lot of "there was no way he knew I was there" moments. It really makes me want to stop playing until it's fixed. Bipod issues, climbing over obstacles issues, setting down boxe issues. I've been defending battlefield this whole time but all these bugs and inconveniences are ridiculous.

The stupid thing is that it doesn't even need to be a priority because its just flipping a switch.

It needs to be certified by Sony, the Xbox gang for it to be released I've heard. But seems like a simple fix to turn that sillyness off.

I agree it needs to go but the over exaggeration is unbelievable.
  • m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    ok, looks like no one read the full thread with Drunkkz3, here's the confirmed bug video, which I posted on the same twitter thread:

(sorry for quality on second clip, Shadowplay was acting on...)

Ok, so, there's 2 type of spotting, active and passive, active is when getting enemies suppressed or with a spot flare, the big hollowed red icon as 3d spotting, then it's passive spotting, which is a 5 second ping in the enemies last position (it doesn't follow the enemy), which recons can do by delivering any kind of damage with weapons

First clip is regular spotting by recon damage, which is a class perk, you can see how someone gets killed with fire from down the hill and doesn't gets spotted since he doesn't got damaged, you can hear the gunshots exchange and people being soft spotted by it to the right

Second clip, well, it's pretty descriptive by itself

Basically, you only get soft spotted if you get damaged, not just by killing, it's pretty common because, well, there's lots of fire exchange in the game and it's a bit easy to get damaged while also downing enemies...

Damage percentage is not well known yet, but in my experience is around 50% damage dealt to trigger it when getting killed

Anyways, good thing it's already fixed, just waiting to be deployed...
  • pineneedle147
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    we will be blind as bat. No red dot, no footstep. stealthy game, here i come. It will benefit for my playstyle anyway lol.
  • Hawxxeye
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    we will be blind as bat. No red dot, no footstep. stealthy game, here i come. It will benefit for my playstyle anyway lol.

the more of this we can do the better
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I hear footsteps just fine
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I can hear them all myself. You have to have your audio set to 7.1 surround.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It’s a bug that has been acknowledged by dice. It doesn’t affect everyone.

• Mrcleanjeans
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Aerros11 wrote: »
    This needed to be a priority.. I don't understand how it wasn't.

How would you?
  • pineneedle147
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Yeah, i hear it about 50% of time very clear but another 50% i dont hear footstep at all. sometime i don't even hear explosion going off right next to me if i am not facing toward it. Hopefully, fix is coming soon.
    TTD and footstep fix and i will be be happy that i spent 80 bucks on this game.
  • zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good news!

We won't have to wait much longer apparently Florian says this will be via HotFix within the next few days:

Great news. Was afraid it was intenteded and meant to stay.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fm8Mcx0.png.....
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good news!

We won't have to wait much longer apparently Florian says this will be via HotFix within the next few days:

Thank you lord!
    I'm glad they're fixing this soon.
    It really messes up the gameplay flow.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Too bad for all the "It's not a big deal" guys in this thread that were probably only getting kills by playing a Pac man simulator chasing the dots.
  • TheGM86
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't tell if the people defending it are actual jabrones or Contrarian Carls. either way they should exit the simulation.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    I can't tell if the people defending it are actual jabrones or Contrarian Carls. either way they should exit the simulation.

Lol
    We have a few of them. Don't be surprised if one day you see one arguing FOR the flat earth theory.

Good thing in this thread though it's almost unanimous. Feels like 95% support immediate removal of this annoying feature.
  • TropicPoison
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They can fix something like this not game breaking at all, but can't fix a damn infinite loading screen that forces you to restart the whole game? I'm done with this ****.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So it "may" get fixed now? I don't get the point of removing spotting and then sneaking a mechanic in that auto spots. Seems very counter productive. Typical lol.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So it "may" get fixed now? I don't get the point of removing spotting and then sneaking a mechanic in that auto spots. Seems very counter productive. Typical lol.

This bug/feature was dumb for sure, but anyone think that spotting via other means were not working properly (suppression ect).

Since the update I have noticed much more 3d spotting then before