BFV unplayable due to FPS stutter/drops Rubber banding

PDEAGZ
25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I have an I7-67k
amd radeon 390 (run all settings on low)
I thought it was my internet, its not. my ping is in 20-40 range. I feel there is absolutely no reason for the constant rubber banding and frame drops ever 5-10 seconds. this is ridiculous at this point. It constantly screws up game play. All settings on low, all other effects turned off. i'm at a loss right now and the game is completely unplayable at this point. if anyone has info it would be a great help.

Comments

• afzSnickelfritz
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rubberbanding is a network routing issue. Call your ISP or switch to a faster DNS.
    Frame drops could be system related. How is your CPU usage at idle?
  • PDEAGZ
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cpu usage is great when idle. I have really fast internet, seems odd it would be that
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have the same problem. my ping was 14 last round and i was rubber banding big time. ended up 2 and 9 because of this. :/

i have 300Mbps down and 50Mbps up. everything is below normal according to task manager when i play. i also have updated gfx drivers.
  • Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    If you have Geforce card. Go in nvidia settings change V synch on, and put power management to maximum performance.. helped for me , but network idk. also try direct-x on and off In Game setting, see what 1 is better
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    i have the same problem. my ping was 14 last round and i was rubber banding big time. ended up 2 and 9 because of this. :/

i have 300Mbps down and 50Mbps up. everything is below normal according to task manager when i play. i also have updated gfx drivers.

Sadly, with bad netcode, the better your connection is, the worse off you'll be. It's like games are coded for the lowest common denominator; and the methodologies that work right now always put the burden onto those who have the better system to just suck it up.
  • Upgrayedd_98
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you connecting to servers with the lowest ping for your location?
  • PDEAGZ
    Are you connecting to servers with the lowest ping for your location?
    Always.
  • PDEAGZ
    If you have Geforce card. Go in nvidia settings change V synch on, and put power management to maximum performance.. helped for me , but network idk. also try direct-x on and off In Game setting, see what 1 is better

I have amd. I’ve tried everything and it’s still awful
  • afzSnickelfritz
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you using the server browser, or matchmaking? Try matchmaking; the "netcode" therein might result in a better connection to the server.
  • PDEAGZ
    Are you using the server browser, or matchmaking? Try matchmaking; the "netcode" therein might result in a better connection to the server.
    If I’m just playing conquest I always search myself.
    Lately I’ve been playing tides of war and there isn’t an option (as far as I know) so I’m usually thrown into a server in my region. Today was some what decent with little to no issues, other people in the chat said they were having problems though