Weekly Debrief

Private squads need to go!

webb1337
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why have private squads on a game which you are pushing for squad team work!?
The amount of times I’ve logged in on my own to be sat in my own squad because all of the others are either full or private.

Comments

• LinkZeppeloyd
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    smys123 wrote: »
    I agree, and it also defeats the purpose of limiting to 4 man squads to make it evenly distributed on a server.
    On a side note I had a guy get on his mic and tell me if I requested an order again he would kick me lol. So I did and he kicked me....later saw him laying there needing a revive, walked over to him and stood there and said negative negative....it was a great evening from that point forward.

There are many players who a) do not issue orders, and b) get mad when you take over the squad. Like, if you want to keep leadership, issue orders. Yes, you have to do it frequently. Still, its easy. I often issue orders mid dog fight or during a tank battle. It takes practically no effort.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hmm, i sometimes like playing on my own. I HATE it when i'm trying to play lone wolf sniper and someone spawns on me and starts shooting at targets they would never kill from that distance only to give away my position. Also, there are times when playing alone is better than playing with random incompetent players.

Just my opinion.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    later saw him laying there needing a revive, walked over to him and stood there and said negative negative....it was a great evening from that point forward.

I did a similar thing last night- dudes in my squad denied me more than one revives when it was perfectly okay to do so. So, when they were all killed by some random explosion, i t-bagged them.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Default squad should be public.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hmm, i sometimes like playing on my own. I HATE it when i'm trying to play lone wolf sniper and someone spawns on me and starts shooting at targets they would never kill from that distance only to give away my position. Also, there are times when playing alone is better than playing with random incompetent players.

Just my opinion.

I dont snipe so i will never understand a player wanting to play on their own, but i do get what you're saying as far as, the other night i was flanking the enemies and staying hidden, pretty much had them flanked and then random spawned on me and immediately started firing and gave our position away and we got killed.

It is crap how when you and a friend join it auto locks your squad.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agree, and it also defeats the purpose of limiting to 4 man squads to make it evenly distributed on a server.
    On a side note I had a guy get on his mic and tell me if I requested an order again he would kick me lol. So I did and he kicked me....later saw him laying there needing a revive, walked over to him and stood there and said negative negative....it was a great evening from that point forward.

Shoulda tea bagged him for good measure!
  • SaintKaiTV
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally am in favor of Private Squads. The last thing I want is some toxic kid popping into my squad dropping the N-bomb in Squad Voice chat trying to get me banned. I get where you're coming from and have been in your position before. It has pros and cons, so perhaps there can be some sort of balancing? I'm not particularly sure how they could, but I feel for you.
  • Jumpstart79
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some folks like myself want people in the squad that will follow orders and play their roles. Sorry played with way to many randoms spamming for orders, lonewolfing it and just not gas. So I only play in squads on my own or with friends.
  • arche289
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've removed myself from a squad to play alone at times. It's not typical for me but sometimes I want to be a team medic. I'll attach myself to another squad running for the objective or defending one. I can hang back and pick up anyone who falls or throw a pouch asap for them.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, why cant we go back to 5 man squads? None of my friends lije this 4 man crap.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some ideas.

A)Make open squads the default
    B)Limit the number of locked squads allowed in a match.
    C)Allow people to request to join a locked squad.
    D)Make the V1 and larger call-ins only available to squads of 4.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't condone removing control from the player. If they don't want anyone else in their squad, that should be their call. Make another squad, join a different, open squad, and move on.
  • DirtyDog1974
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I joined a game with full squads and 3 locked squads with 1 or 2 players in them, I quit game. I agree locked squads should be done away with. This game is supposed to highlight team play but then you get selfish players. Should be one or other.
  • Jumpstart79
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Then maybe people should be part of that team. I can't count the number of times I've had a medic or support on my squad who just did their own thing. Didn't do ammo or med drops or revives. So yeah I'll keep my squads to just me and my friends.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather not have some random as a 4th man when I'm playing with 2 friends, since they're usually just a liability to spawn in and shoot randomly and generally be a hindering idiot.

There are occasional times we will open the squad, especially with only 2 people, and we allow good players to stay and kick out low levels and idiots. However, with the "request order" thing being rather short, especially if I'm dead and waiting for a vehicle or alive in heavy combat, it's been much better to keep the squad locked. I agree that the request order mechanic is necessary, but in its current state it is a problem. Perhaps it should take 5 minutes without marking an objective rather than one.
  • Red1Warning
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want some random dude steal the sturmtiger that me and my two buds worked so hard to call in.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you want to private the squad you should have to do it manually. Defaulting to a private squad when you are playing with friends makes it so you sometimes forget to open the squad to public and thus weakens your squad as a whole because partial squads are never as effective as a full squad.
  • Jumpstart79
    If you want to private the squad you should have to do it manually. Defaulting to a private squad when you are playing with friends makes it so you sometimes forget to open the squad to public and thus weakens your squad as a whole because partial squads are never as effective as a full squad.

Then randoms who join need to do what they are suppose to. Until that happens yeah I'll keep things as is.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Private squads are fine. Having it locked as the default state when joining with friends is not.