This Week in Battlefield V

Hardcore mode?

Ghost1Sierra
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I understand that the mechanics of the current game try to lend themselves to both player bases...but are there any plans to develop a dedicated hardcore mode, and soon? I fear myself and many others won't be playing much longer without it.

Comments

• MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is already hardcore mode. There's no 3D spotting and the TTK is very quick. They simply balanced it by making it so snipers can't OHK to the body (the biggest reason people play HC mode because they lack skill) and stopped teamkilling since it's mostly used for griefing.
  • Ghost1Sierra
    Nope. Not. Ttk should be near instant for all weapons, which has nothing to do with lack of skill. It slows down the gameplay and makes people consider cover and concealment more. Additionally, health effects should be more pronounced, suppression should be more pronounced, and ttk should be increased on aerial combat considerably especially since they **** nerfed it. Hardcore mode in no way represents a lower skill level. It's just that normal mode isnt nearly as tactical and deliberate. Every prior battlefield has a dedicated hardcore. This one should too.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes for hardcore mode! These weapons are all so weak it’s just silly. And hardcore mode also switches off auto aim from all the aimbot game pad players.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the biggest reason people play HC mode because they lack skill
    Hardcore requires a different kind of skill.

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ignorance about hardcore mode is astounding. Normal mode is very far away from what hardcore mode is. It's much more than TTK mechanics.
    If I could do something to express how desperately I want hardcore mode I would, but we can't even swear here.
    Hey @ Admins, people are screaming for this everywhere, please please please push it up the chain of command and please make them know it's very wanted, please.
  • Ghost1Sierra
    Time to kill is an important aspect but hardly all of it. When I shoot a man with a .303 or 7mm Mauser though he should die. That's how war is. I'm a combat veteran who wants to play a realistic shooter. Not some call of duty esque run and Gunner cartoonish in how over the top it is with everyone running around like wild chickens. Also with the restrictively low ammo count in the game a faster ttk makes your rounds go further. Then again, even making a hardcore mode would do little to address the rampant issues with this game. But it would at least make it tolerable to me. I've already grown bored.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ALL I want is 200% damage
  • Beat_Mangler80
    If hardcore mode is months away I will be so far gone from this franchise I will never touch it again
    Bring on custom servers or disband and go away.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't be strategic with this mode, if i go sorround an enemy position and kill one of them, the same player will kill me as soon as he spawn, because of kill cam, the machinguns need a mgazine for kill someone. The players running around with no sense in normal although i shot them 5 or 6 bullets.
    Sorry for my english ( i've to say this because american people dont matter what u wrtite and every excuse is good for teasing)
  • Ghost1Sierra
    I can't be strategic with this mode, if i go sorround an enemy position and kill one of them, the same player will kill me as soon as he spawn, because of kill cam, the machinguns need a mgazine for kill someone. The players running around with no sense in normal although i shot them 5 or 6 bullets.
    Sorry for my english ( i've to say this because american people dont matter what u wrtite and every excuse is good for teasing)

I understand what you are saying. It's really annoying from the standpoint of realism and it means the game relies less on strategic movement and positioning and more on someone's twitch skills and luck. I have had situations in hardcore where I have flanked whole squads and destroyed them rapidly, but in normal mode one of them will eventually just turn around and kill me since it will take multiple magazines to kill them all. I also find that ammunition is far too unrealistically restrictive. In real life soldiers carried at least twice as much ammunition if not more. It's like EA wants to force everyone to run forward and die as quickly as possible to heighten the tension, but the only tension it heightens is my literal tension toward the game. It's just not as fun without hardcore. It took them almost two years to inplement it into bf1. Here's hoping it's quicker with bf v or even happens.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Hardcore better be in the next ******* patch.
  • lROnn
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now it’s on paintball mode on.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Hardcore mode makes my heart beat real hard, this is like Battlefield with training wheels on it. They are kicking themselves here.
  • FCELPI
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game is already hardcore mode. There's no 3D spotting and the TTK is very quick. They simply balanced it by making it so snipers can't OHK to the body (the biggest reason people play HC mode because they lack skill) and stopped teamkilling since it's mostly used for griefing.

Laca of skill?? Haha, you dont know what hc mode is
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FCELPI wrote: »

Laca of skill?? Haha, you dont know what hc mode is

Miasmagrowlmon made no sense lol
  • OneStonedHobo
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vote this uuuup.