Battlefield 5 50% off to veteran players 2 WEEKS after release?!?!?!?

Comments

• MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I say, get it. To me, it feels like a lot of people are exaggerating, "it's unplayable". Is it really though? I've only seen a couple of bugs once, some bugs i haven't even seen. In my opinion, it's a poop ton better than BF1. I can't understand how someone would diss BFV and at the same time compliment BF1 (i genuinely did not like BF1).

I'm enjoying the game, the gun play is awesome- will the game keep me engaged for as long as BF4, probably not it's current state.
  • kreepypriest
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I purposely wait a few weeks after a new game comes out so they can hash out bugs and the nedf hearders have their way..I’ll be buying this game Monday at game stop for probably 10$.
  • ghos7bear
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where the discount is anyway? I only see 33% off in the store.
  • Psybernaut
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jimibob007 wrote: »
    You paid an extra 50% for 2 weeks' play. Where else can you keep yourself entertained for ~100+ hours for £35? Even the cinema costs about £15 these days...

Even full price for £70 is worth it when I know that I will spend over 300 hours on this.

They have to cover R&D costs and make up for a botched launch.

I do agree, however, with the disgruntled sentiments. The game launched clearly unfinished in terms of both bugs and content. Fewer maps and gamemodes than ever, no Dolby Atmos support etc.

Good Lord, the cinema is £5 all day every day round these parts. I hope your ticket comes with a happy ending.
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OMG!!!! The new CoD is 30% off on the Xbox Live store. The world must be ending :/ :/ :/
  • Soulbreeze
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    Where the discount is anyway? I only see 33% off in the store.

Guarantee that this is a knee-jerk reaction to the deal people were getting that they weren't supposed to actually be getting yet. It's appeasement. And I took it. With how much entertainment I get out of these games, I'm not going to complain about paying 30-60 bucks for it.
  • EvilGoat_51
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I pre-ordered BFV as soon as I could. I'm fairly new to the BF Franchise and was hyped for a WW2 BF. I never thought twice about my pre-order leading up to release even with the marketing, controversies, and every thing else. I even got EA access to play early. I loved the game and still love it. It has its problems, which needs to be fixed, but isn't this typical for BF? However, this latest "jab" to us, the TRUE loyal BF veterans, stings more then the others.

Not because of the money, I was and still am willing to pay $60 for it. But because EA/DICE is again giving us the cold shoulder. But I guess that's my fault for being surprised.

Ultimately, I want the best for Battlefield, but at what cost to us?

Interestingly enough, I got a message from Xbox live yesterday giving me a "surprise" bonus of two free months of EA Access. I wonder what this is all about?
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    It's total bull crap. If anyone started a class action suit for at least a refund of the inflated amount the loyal fans paid, I'd be down. I've seriously contemplated looking into legal recourse.

A few months after release, this would be ok, but we're talking weeks. It's a scam.

I definitely want my money back (AUS $120), then I can buy the game for a fraction of the cost. Yes I want my money back.

Post edited by Beat_Mangler80 on
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus that is some unreal BS didn't think this title could sink any lower into the PR mud. Not a good sign for EA or the well being of the game either.
  • montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Wow, thank god I paid full price for this two weeks ago!

I'm honestly actually really really happy that I wasted 90$ on this garbage at launch. When you think about it, 90$ is really a bargain price to pay for a reinvigorated interest in playing BF1 again.

Oh wow, and I almost forgot to mention that EA also had the kindness in their hearts to give me a whopping 2 whole weeks of FREE EA Access because I preordered this extended Beta game. Praise EA.
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow, thank god I paid full price for this two weeks ago!

I'm honestly actually really really happy that I wasted 90$ on this garbage at launch. When you think about it, 90$ is really a bargain price to pay for a reinvigorated interest in playing BF1 again.

Oh wow, and I almost forgot to mention that EA also had the kindness in their hearts to give me a whopping 2 whole weeks of FREE EA Access because I preordered this extended Beta game. Praise EA.

It's two months not weeks
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    as holidays is coming, it didn't out of expectation, in china, so called "Singles' Day or Guanggun Jie" (Nov 11), u can see all the discount on many product(almost all product) in u daily life. then christmas and new year holiday is coming, u should expect that, why not, both sides happy for that, let enjoy the holidays discounts in that periods for shopping
  • VictorHUN
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA cheated the real veteran players who preordered batlefield 5
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    STJEDIX wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe, and then I saw Premier would have an even earlier access.

So I got the premier, then now I see the 50% off for veterans.

Easy money eh?

**** EA

This made me angry too! When I heard that premier could play days earlier then deluxe pre order, I was already feeling scammed by them...

The first thing I came to think of was that the preorders were so low, so they wanted to try compensate by milking as much money they could and ride on the little hype that was left for the game... What they did was very fishy, what they don’t realize is that they screwed up this time, because battlefield loyal fanbase aren’t stupid, and this wont be forgotten... I expect very few will preorder in the future, and that they lost alot of costumers...

Every time I heard people calling ea/dice bad etc., I allways though they were exaggerating... Now I believe them! They were right all this time...
  • spychodelics
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What they did was very fishy, what they don’t realize is that they screwed up this time, because battlefield loyal fanbase aren’t stupid, and this wont be forgotten... I expect very few will preorder in the future, and that they lost alot of costumers...

Every time I heard people calling ea/dice bad etc., I allways though they were exaggerating... Now I believe them! They were right all this time...

Seeing that all my friends who are also vets, who called out EA and DICE **** with almost every release and telling me they wont buy it, all of them preordered the deluxe edition as soon as it was available.

I really dont expect a change there.

Somehow, i was the only one who got "Premiere" just to play the game a litte and then decide whether i buy or not.

• TheGypsieHunter
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you EA and DICE for the holiday slap in the ****. Will remember for BFVI or whatever you end up calling your next gaming failure next year.
  • NYC_Fanboy
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WTF I have been ripped off.

Dear EA, please apply the discount to everyone who has purchased the game before the crazy 50 %, thanks!
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The precedent they have set for the next Battlefield release is UNREAL. Who in their right mind would buy it when it's released?

• Nuclear-Core
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have also preordered BF 5 and now seeing the same on massive discount makes me feel like a fool. This is nothing but robbing and cheating your most loyal customers. SHAME ON YOU EA.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    COD BO4 is also on sale for 50%

Seems like BFV going on sale prompted BO4 to also go on sale prematurely. I wonder if this a new trend in tactics moving forward with these two titles that are released before the holidays.

If the new COD is on sale I would say Activision can smell blood and are going in for the kill, trying to get some of BFV would be customer's for themselves.