Female screams in this game really get me immersed in the action. They don't distract one bit

On-Swift-Wings
304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There was women screaming and shouting in Mohaa MP back then and nobody really cared. It makes me laugh more than anything.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It really bothers me..regardless of it being politically correct or not..its a weird feeling knowing you just shot a woman..yes..I know its just a game but it still doesn't stop it from being weird.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It really bothers me..regardless of it being politically correct or not..its a weird feeling knowing you just shot a woman..yes..I know its just a game but it still doesn't stop it from being weird.

Yeah man, its encouraging violence against women. I dont like it.
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Yeah man, its encouraging violence against women. I dont like it.

Don't ever look at street fighter then.......
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, I don't even notice the screams. Too busy trying not to die
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Misogyny and political conspiracy theories aside, the female *and* male screams are often very over-dramatic and weird.

I'm not suggesting that someone receiving a gunshot wound or whatever wouldn't sound extremely 'dramatic', I'm suggesting that, for a game, it can be very distracting when someone howls/squeals like a stuck pig.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Misogyny and political conspiracy theories aside, the female *and* male screams are often very over-dramatic and weird.

I'm not suggesting that someone receiving a gunshot wound or whatever wouldn't sound extremely 'dramatic', I'm suggesting that, for a game, it can be very distracting when someone howls/squeals like a stuck pig.

None of the screams in the game compare to these ones:

I always felt bad for killing enemies in RO2/RS1/RS2 because of screams like this ... especially the long drawn out screams calling for their mothers or friends.

Tripwire Games did end up reducing the frequency of these screams though ... turns out an FPS isn't all that fun when you symathise with the people you just shot to pieces.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now that I know what the battles in WW2 truly sounded like I feel #EDUCATED. Thank you for the history lesson dev team.

This is a game not a history lesson.

While that is my normal response with the urm muh god the womens threads, this one is valid. The female screams are over the top and way to distracting.
  • Broliszibaila
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can tell whatever you want...But still it gives weird feelings for me too. Im here to play the game not to feel!
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

None of the screams in the game compare to these ones:

I always felt bad for killing enemies in RO2/RS1/RS2 because of screams like this ... especially the long drawn out screams calling for their mothers or friends.

Tripwire Games did end up reducing the frequency of these screams though ... turns out an FPS isn't all that fun when you symathise with the people you just shot to pieces.

Eh, here's your immersion.
    Too bad they were toned down. Hearing those same agony from your own character as you bleed to death and screen turns to black...or your character literally drowning in its own blood...man.

Battlefield doesn't have the right gameplay for stuff like this.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    Am I the only one around here who enjoys killing women and listening to their loud screams?
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I must have filtered out all those female screams. Then again, they never bothered me.
This discussion has been closed.