This game is lacking the polish of BF1.

Comments

• Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snowcow59 wrote: »
    The "BF1 was casual" statement that keeps popping up is interesting, because in my small region where everyone knows everyone the average/bad players from BF4 and earlier who switched to BF1 stayed average/bad, and the good players from BF4 who stuck with BF1 stayed good. I didn't see the overall playing ability of the population shift in any notable way.

Neither did I. The mechanics were slightly different, but all of this casual nonsense is ridiculous.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    una322 wrote: »
    i like bfv, but its frustrating to play. with all the campers, stupid bombers, hard to see people, crappy selection of weapons, terrible tanks ext. i went back to play me some bf1, and it was night and day. bf1 is just soo crisp, looks nice, i can see again. and its fun. maps are good, vehicles work. game feels like your in a war and not a small skirmish. its just better right now. i will come back now and then when they drop a new map in bfv to see if it gets better. But yeh ive put like 60 hours into bfv, and im already kinda bored.
    When bf1 came out i was playing it for months before i started to crave new content.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Video games are supposed to be more fun than frustrating and BF1 has that over BFV in spades in just about every category....weapon balance, TTD (at least before TTK 2.0), immersiveness (Operations vs Grand Operations), maps that cater to multiple playstyles successfully, and on & on. Maybe BFV will be cleaned up and get better balance but I'm not so sure....

I can play BF1 both before and after TTK. I obviously do better with the decreased TTK because to me it is easier in that game to get the drop on people. I prefer the old BF1 I think, but they did address random bullet deviation to some extent with the lower TTK. Shotguns are definitely easier to play with, and overall the gun balance is AEONS better than what crap BFV has.

With how BFV works the TTK is so low you barely have time to even react to anything in the game. And then certain guns are ridiculously OP. You want to make the medic worthless at this point in a low TTK game lol? It's not gonna fly. While the Sten is okay, it is no match for the other guns and especially vs two people you are dead before your sights are up. I have the upgrades for recoil and it makes little difference. I am constantly plugged and zombified by the ARs and LMGs no matter my aim.

And I am doing okay with the game alone, but my KPM and points are low as heck when I have to play on some of these horror squads. Not only is winning impossible, I basically have to play alone on a squad lol.
  • Khronikos
    diagoro wrote: »
    I get the feeling that most the players who love BFV, are those that played hardcore.

I agree. Hardcore I wanted to like, but I found it mostly a bad mode because it was so hard to tell people apart. Maybe in VR with depth it would be easier, but on a flat screen with samey colors no hardcore sucked.

But that is definitely what this reminds me of, and I have no idea why Dice keeps listening to the very niche audience that seems to be directing their feedback acquisition.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    meh.. not even on the hype train.
  • Khronikos
    Also, I have browsed all the reddits for BF. They almost all are useless and worthless. Full of kids watching highlights and stupid **** like that. Anybody with negativity is punished because reddit is nothing more than a circle jerk for each specific community. What a clown site.

I don't think Dice likes coming here because what they get is closer to the truth.

I don't think anyone here outright hates the game, but honestly I have no reason to waste my time playing such blatantly early product. By the time it shapes up they will be ramming us with another one.
  • bmillsy513
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    So far the BF1 maps at launch are better, and the immersion factor of BF1 is a lot more than BF5. There is nothing innovative in this game, nothing that stands out. No wow factors in it.

Anyways just can't get into this game, and I used to love WW2 games starting with MOHAA, CoD 1, and BF1942. Maybe it's because of it coming out two years after BF1 while also having zero nostalgia tied to any of the maps. Then again most of the maps (conquest) are just not that good outside of 3, maybe 4, of them, with a couple just terrible. So that isn't helping either.

I'll keep playing though, hoping it hooks me somehow.

• TH3_R1PP3R
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember when bf4 was terrible, as in I played bf3 months after its release. Then the patches came, and it turned into one of my favorites. What I'm trying to say is dont give up yet
  • Khronikos
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    Although I had fun in BF1, BFV is far better then the skill-less casual BF1 that caters to casuals that refuse to play the objectives sits and it got rid of those lousy behemoths and elite classes. I'm also glade sniper sweet spots were removed along with bullet deviation and suppression and the TTK is far better then the TTK in BF1.

How does BF5 require more skill than BF1 exactly? Maybe with the 'awareness' skill I guess, but certainly not with the gunplay mechanics. In BF1 you actually needed to posses an iota of skill to be proficient with most of its weapons. If you didn't have good aim and weren't very good with the weapon, you were likely going to die in most gunfights. In BF5, you can pick up almost any weapon at any time and do well with it because most weapons are laser accurate automatic multi-tools that are somehow proficient at all ranges. Any 'casual' can camp behind a rock and kill anybody when aiming and shooting is as mindless as it is in BF5. If anything, BF5 is the more casual game IMO.

The 'BF1 is casual' shtick is nonsense corroborated by people who didn't like the longer TTK and didn't have the patience to learn the weapon specific characteristics in order to 'git gud', so they chalk it up to the game sucking because they can't hold their aim for longer than a fraction of a second. These are the same people that believe "If you see another player first, you should be rewarded with the kill", instead of "If you're more skilled with your weapon than the other player, you should be rewarded with the kill". That, in essence, is the differing philosophies between BFV and BF1 IMO.

I mean I see both sides. But BFV has no weapon balance right now. It's trash, and until that is fixed nothing is going to be great about this game.

The casual stuff is just really bad rhetoric though. BF1 definitely took skill to win in fights. And this game caters way more to the see you first die kind of mentality. Like I said its TTK is way more like traditional COD, which is I guess kinda normal for BF games. But I don't like that kind of TTK all that much.

I will say some weapons feel okay in this game. 30Hz netcode always sucks, so it is hard to tell where all the issues are coming from. It's more than likely all the issues combining to make a poor experience.

The SOUND of bullets in this game is pretty bad though. The rifles sound like beater guns from a 90s game. It's absolutely shocking coming from Dice. I have no idea what they are thinking with sound design on this one. That with footsteps being borked and all the other issues makes for a pretty janky game imo.

I am actually looking into BO4 as it does have a higher TTK. Meanwhile, I will wait for this to be patched and patched and patched into something decent.
  • AxeFindle
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not even going to read what the OP said, the title is obviously trolling for attention. And everything he said must be derived from that. glhf
  • Khronikos
    AxeFindle wrote: »
    I'm not even going to read what the OP said, the title is obviously trolling for attention. And everything he said must be derived from that. glhf

Not trolling for attention at all. It is shocking how ugly and gross this UI is... how there are so many bugs and glitches and weapon/matchmaking imbalances. I boot BFV up and it's pink and blue with a girl on the front screen. Bloom is everywhere a little too harshly. And it plays like traditional beater gun COD that is actually worse than present COD. With vehicles and its own set of rules of course, but I much prefer the BF1 style.

Of course I like the maps designs for some of the maps, and the visual style is pretty great for the maps, but it's so horribly balanced and presented that it's hard to overlook.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    508 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone remember the BF1 trailer that had an incredible remix of a White Stripes song, it was so invigorating, just look at it, makes you wanna go play right away! I miss that enthusiasm here.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't go back to BF1, BFV takes way more effort and I'm enjoying the challenge, especially as a medic main.
  • Khronikos
    edited December 2018
    Can't go back to BF1, BFV takes way more effort and I'm enjoying the challenge, especially as a medic main.

Yeah well right now that doesn't help any of the problems this game has. As for a game I just bought, I am willing to wait for fixes, but that is no excuse for such as a shoddy launch project. I don't totally blame Dice at all, but EA the parent company is a horrible company for forcing such ridiculous deadlines. I am sure you are glad to be the beta tested for cash.

As far as taking more effort I don't really see it. You just learn to deal with the jankyness and work around it. My KDR is basically the same anyway. You definitely don't run around as much, but that is just different not more effort. It takes less effort to down someone for sure. I don't mind some of the changes, but the medic has been shortchanged in this game, and I won't be bothering with it until changes are made.

Straight up against good players a medic has very little chance to succeed in a lot of engagements. Hell, the very first gun you get in Assault is better than anything the medic has by far. I was using the medic a lot, but I'm over it until things are polished up.
  • Khronikos
    Well, I have been warming up to the tanking. Doesn't have much to do with people helping me out though. Tanking in BF1 had more helpful second options in your own tank. I usually solo tanks, and with the Tiger and the lighter varieties I think you have a chance. The upgrades seem to help a little bit in this way, but I don't think you will see any invincible tanks this time around. I still wish you could tune the tanks to your liking, as some of them aiming feel really bad. I think that in itself is why tanking feels bad at times. Different tanks have different sensitivities, and overall a few of them I like I wish I could tune to be easier to handle.
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Snowcow59 wrote: »
    The "BF1 was casual" statement that keeps popping up is interesting, because in my small region where everyone knows everyone the average/bad players from BF4 and earlier who switched to BF1 stayed average/bad, and the good players from BF4 who stuck with BF1 stayed good. I didn't see the overall playing ability of the population shift in any notable way.

I don't know why some clueless nerds keep mentioning "hardcore" to defend a downgraded BFV as if they know what "hardcore" means, if anything, doom style movement speed + fast killing in idiotically designed small maps is the signature of casual, if that's not enough then unlimited medical supply + lay down for second life after death made BFV a cut above the most casual shooters out there( CS and fortnight) if say BFV is more "[email protected]" than BF1, than COD is a war sim in comparison.

So far I don't see any BFV "hardcore" nerds recognize facts I mentioned before
    Downgraded graphics

downgraded destruction

**** weapon "upgrade" options

Far less weapons

Far less vehicles

No behemoth

Low-quality game modes (especially grand operation & rush)

Low IQ map design where most players aren't willing to access to 50% of the map areas

I want to see how these blind BFV supporters can put up an argument to facts above
  • Khronikos
    Sound of weapons is a step back. Even on nice amped headphones this is still 90s beater gun game. I have no idea what they were thinking with it.
  • Khronikos
    There I tuned the title and edited the summary to better reflect how I feel after another day of BFV. I don't hate the game. I want to make that clear. It's just some aspects are ridiculously low-budget and cheap looking. They need to go with a different UI designer at this point. Every time I boot this game up I just go what the hell lol.
  • disposalist
    8455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    There I tuned the title and edited the summary to better reflect how I feel after another day of BFV. I don't hate the game. I want to make that clear. It's just some aspects are ridiculously low-budget and cheap looking. They need to go with a different UI designer at this point. Every time I boot this game up I just go what the hell lol.
    "Disappointing" is the word I keep coming up with. Sometimes "very disappointing". Sometimes "quite disappointing". Sometimes "ok" quickly followed by a "ARGH VERY ANNOYING" moment which averages to... "disappointing".

I can see how those who wanted BF4.5 and like competitive/hardcore modes would overlook all the faults, but for anyone who liked BF1, BF5 is... disappointing.
  • Pillownaut
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. I've not played it since patch day, and then it was 10 minutes of Test range. I get the feeling the game is modelled based on the opinions of the 350 people that participated in the Incursions Alpha. Bleh.

"Your Origin Access membership has expired"