Why is the map destruction worse than BF1?

TropicPoison
2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
I'm talking about the ground and foliage/trees, I don't see craters like I did in BF1 where explosives would change the look of the ground actually creating craters that sometimes made it a pain to drive over in a vehicle but I actually liked that, and you could sometimes use it for cover if you were infantry as well.

Now about the trees they don't go down after hitting them with a tank round dead on? I was hoping for BF4 like destructibility when it came to trees and what not because it kinda sucks in BFV even bushes surviving grenades when they should be blown to bits.

Yeah I like little details like this so what.
Post edited by TropicPoison on

Comments

• MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Because chief developer of Frostbite Engine moved to AMD after development of BF1 had been finished.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I notice craters all over the place. What you talking about Willis.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    505 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In BF4 we had sky scrapers falling down mid game!
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The terrain isn't nearly as deformed as it was in BF1 and a lot of the craters on the maps in BFV are cosmetic like they're already there at the start of a match.
  • TropicPoison
    Because chief developer of Frostbite Engine moved to AMD after development of BF1 had been finished.

Ah well that sucks.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed there seems to be less of it as well.
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The moment when I realized my 20 mm AA can't even shoot through a pencil tiny tree and a little sandbag, I know this game has been fully downgraded.
  • TropicPoison
    windtear wrote: »
    The moment when I realized my 20 mm AA can't even shoot through a pencil tiny tree and a little sandbag, I know this game has been fully downgraded.

Are the AA rounds even going through the foliage of the trees like the limbs and what not? It seems the rounds detonate which is dumb as hell, like you said they should be blown to bits and actually pepper the snow where rounds impact, but it doesn't seem like it does that either.
  • disposalist
    8438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I do too. Maybe the OP isn't seeing it because there's so much clutter and weirdness hiding it all. There is so much detail that there is no detail, if you know what I mean.

First game *ever* I've needed to turn down the graphics settings to improve the look of it.
  • TropicPoison
    Yeah I do too. Maybe the OP isn't seeing it because there's so much clutter and weirdness hiding it all. There is so much detail that there is no detail, if you know what I mean.

First game *ever* I've needed to turn down the graphics settings to improve the look of it.

I see the ones that are part of the map but I'm referring to dips where it's actually craters from dynamite/bombs going off that players caused because with those I'm not really seeing the detail that BF1 had in that department.
  • disposalist
    8438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I see the ones that are part of the map but I'm referring to dips where it's actually craters from dynamite/bombs going off that players caused because with those I'm not really seeing the detail that BF1 had in that department.
    Yeah they do appear. I haven't tested them for size and whether you can take cover like BF1, but definitely seen them.