The negativity is simply astounding

Comments

• Khronikos
    2114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its so fascinating to me that the same people hell bent on hating BFV because of the time to death bug actually love BF1. The time to death bug gives you extremely annoying one-frame deaths (One bullet death is misinformation). So they find that type of death to be annoying. BUT they still prefer BF1.

Are you telling me that game that gave you deaths from all of the following is LESS annoying than the ttd bug:

-emptying a clip into someone's head only to have him turn around and shred you in 64 milliseconds because he has a villar perosa.
    Only the tryhard KD padders found sentries annoying. Everyone else found them a fun addition. If you die to them, have some fun getting revenge. There are many ways and it's a challenge. Also, you get to know where they spawn and hang out and you get to recognise them before you squirt your load on them.
    -A giant bomb dropping on you from a behemoth because you're in a general flag area.
    Them behemoths are pretty easy to spot. When they are up you stay clear of the areas they can cover and you take them down. Spectacular fun.
    Again, only the sweaty tryhards got annoyed by the 0.0001% hit to their KD from behemoths.
    -Dropping dead because someone threw gas into a room.
    And you didn't have a gasmask? Nah. Also only a problem regularly if all you played was small infantry focused maps/modes
    -Being sweet spot one-hit killed to the body by a sniper rifle
    Yeah was never a fan of the sweetspot, but at least it brought the scouts forward sometimes. Also was a tiny proportion of deaths.
    -Aimbot (Auto rotation).
    Console? *shrug* So there's no aim assist in BF5 for console?
    -Dying because someone pressed a button initiating an animation which spelled your death by bayonet.
    Lol yeah because animations don't cause deaths in BF5. Also a tiny proportion of deaths. Also only the KD ho's that minded.
    -Dying because someone far away pressed a button spamming mortar rain down on you.
    Yeah the V2 is much more fair. And the piat. Also was never much of a problem. Mortar users die easy.
    Maps that took an eternity to load.
    Huh? Get an SSD? *shrug*
    -Guns that shot marshmallows.
    Um... Let's not get back into the TTK thing...
    All this is LESS annoying than the ttd bug?
    Yep without a doubt. Much of it was part of the chaos of war BF1 depicted to well. Better than the creeping, camping boredom of war that BF5 often depicts.
    You know if you play cautiously and move with purpose you greatly reduce the number of times you unsuspectingly drop dead in one-frame due to someone having the drop on you. Your deaths become mainly from people you SEE. This greatly reduces the annoying aspect of a one-frame death.
    Except because the graphics are so cluttered even if they are in FoV you still can't see them.
    The ttd bug is annoying and its time for it to go. But BF1's noob-friendly mechanics are much MUCH more annoying
    Nope. BF5's pseudo-competitive hardcore-lite mechanics are much more tedious and frustrating.

Noob-friendly is almost by definition less annoying. Unless you're one of those 'skilled' players that must be able to stomp everyone without challenge. Don't want those noobs having a chance to have fun and do any damage, eh?

Come on, we both know it's a matter of *preference*. Being derogatory to BF1 'casual' mechanics is not more 'true' than dissing 'competitive' mechanics for the sweaty, frustrating gameplay they lean on.

TDM will legit never be better than it was before the whiners and cryers ruined it in BF1 and got the sentries taken away. Those things were legit challenges to overcome, and fun to master as well. Even without that 60Hz servers in BF1 killed the crap we have now in TDM with 30Hz servers. This game has a lot of polishing to go through.

I intensely dislike the UI, colors of UI, and always seeing a lady soldier every time I boot up this damn game. I mean we have the two manliest wars in the world, and I boot up BFV to pink, blue and some imaginary lady soldier lol. Sometimes I just want a change. And this is not it.

That being said I do like some of these maps. But I fear for how many more we will actually get.
  • disposalist
    8271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    THERE ARE significantly less explosive kills simply because there aren't any **** bunkers or small hallways where people are just chilling and spam all their explosives...
    Like I said. The people that thought there was too much explo spam in BF1 were those playing Fort De Vaux or other small, tight infantry maps all the time. BF1 was not balanced for infantry-only competitive maps/modes like BF5 is.

Play a variety of game maps, modes and playstyles in BF1 and the explosives were not a problem.

In BF5 they kinda force the infantry-centric gameplay and balanced accordingly (which is why vehicle play is so bad, but that's another story). But, even so, I've been killed plenty by assault camping a house with their panzerfaust aimed at the doorway. I've seen plenty of assault and support dropping nades, rockets, rifle-grenades, etc into a flag before assaulting it.

Less nades means less explosives in infantry situations, sure, and much of BF5 is an infantry situation, by design. On the larger multi-discipline stuff I like to play I'm seeing pretty much as much explosive death as BF1.
  • Trokey66
    7287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    THERE ARE significantly less explosive kills simply because there aren't any **** bunkers or small hallways where people are just chilling and spam all their explosives...
    Like I said. The people that thought there was too much explo spam in BF1 were those playing Fort De Vaux or other small, tight infantry maps all the time. BF1 was not balanced for infantry-only competitive maps/modes like BF5 is.

Play a variety of game maps, modes and playstyles in BF1 and the explosives were not a problem.

In BF5 they kinda force the infantry-centric gameplay and balanced accordingly (which is why vehicle play is so bad, but that's another story). But, even so, I've been killed plenty by assault camping a house with their panzerfaust aimed at the doorway. I've seen plenty of assault and support dropping nades, rockets, rifle-grenades, etc into a flag before assaulting it.

Less nades means less explosives in infantry situations, sure, and much of BF5 is an infantry situation, by design. On the larger multi-discipline stuff I like to play I'm seeing pretty much as much explosive death as BF1.

This is simply NOT true.

Any infantry engagement on any map on BF1 almost always starts with a hail of grenades/explosives!

Skip to 4:32 for a typical scenario and no, the irony of my use of explosives is not lost on me. In fact, it sort of reinforces the point.

There are no Limpets (or similar) and AP Mines are not OHK from 100% :(
  • disposalist
    8271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Trokey66 wrote: »

This is simply NOT true.

Any infantry engagement on any map on BF1 almost always starts with a hail of grenades/explosives!

Skip to 4:32 for a typical scenario and no, the irony of my use of explosives is not lost on me. In fact, it sort of reinforces the point.

There are no Limpets (or similar) and AP Mines are not OHK from 100% :(
    You're using defending at the only building on flag C on the linear map Suez as a normal encounter? There were multiple people attacking you in a covered and entrenched position and they know you are there. Of course they start with grenades, which you totally avoided.

Also, that is not a typical encounter, as the rest of the video shows. The vast majority of deaths are from guns.

As I said: people regularly getting nade spam in BF1 are regularly playing infantry pinch points in small maps/modes.

Play Domination in Fort De Vaux exclusively and you'd be sick of grenades, yeah.
  • DominicO65
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    DominicO65 wrote: »
    Exactly!! The lack of constructive threads on this form is the insane. All of these "This game is gonna die in 2 days", "Worst BF ever" "Bye Battlefield" posts are so boring. Nobody cares if you're leaving the game. Just disappear, don't leave a forum post as if people will beg you to stay.

In the meantime this game has the potential to be the best ever, and a dev team working on constant improvement and interacting with the community regularly. I just can't wait for it to become what it can.

You are a perfect example why Games these days are released so unfinished. Potential is something for the future, a product that is released has to work the moment its released.
    And not with warm wishes. I would really like to see your reaction if you ordered a new car and the day you get it they tell you: " Oh the A/C will be active in two months and right now the Car is limited to a top speed of 80kmh
    but we will fix this with a software update someday in the future ".....

That's a fair point, but I've never said I was satisfied with the state of the game. I'm saying that this game needs CONSTRUCTIVE criticism/feedback. I agree that the game is unfinished, and I think DICE has had too much on their plate with SWBF and too short a cycle to make the game how it should be at launch. But it's out now - in the state it's in. That's the reality! Anybody who loves the franchise and wants good Battlefield games should be trying to improve the game with feedback, not tear it down and dump on anybody that likes it.

Sure, criticise the game for being unfinished, but I'm talking about the posts that are pure hyperbole and no substance.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    8 grenades before a single player fired a shot on a relatively open part of the map!

I have yet to see anything close to this on even the tightest point on the most infantry focused maps on BFV.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with preferring BF1 over BFV, indeed there are aspects of that game I still prefer. But come on, saying grenade/explosive spam is just as bad in BFV is ridiculous.
    Rarely run into explosive spam in bfv. That’s not to say that I thought bf1 was bad. I never got the hate for it.
  • The_BERG_366
    1976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

u keep making these broad statements: everyone that disliked elite classes is a kd padding tryhard. everyone that had an issue with explosive spam only played tight infantry focused maps. just stop...

neither is the case. I disliked both to not say I absolutely hated them but I neither try to improve my kd in any way nor did I only play infantry focused small gamemodes and maps. I played small ops mostly when that was a thing, after that I played mostly rush and frontlines. and in the end it was about an equal mix of conquest, frontlines, rush and shock ops. and i played ALL maps... whatever came up. (and this is not exclusive, I also played tdm and domination regularly for example)

and finally you come up with some random people that apparently camp doorways with rocket launchers and assault that chuck nades on flags. despite the fact that I never encountered that one single time in my whole time in bfv it is almost laughable to compare bf1 and bfv based on such an incident or a few such incidents. what you descrive as being bad in bfv wasn't just something that also happened in bf1 it was rather part of the meta in bf1.
    for example I could not play a whole frontlines game without getting dynamited by some camping scrub on top of some stairs or in some other ridiculous spot just waiting for someone to run into his trap.

bf1 is actually famous for its explosive spam and bfv is pretty much the opposite. it features the least explosive gadgets or grenade spam capabilities since bfbc2 (or even longer in case the assault couldspam grenade launchers in that through resupplying himself. was that a thing? can't remeber).
    regardless there is a bunch of things wrong with bfv but explosive spam is for sure not one of them.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reading the discussion on which game has the most explosive spam BF1 or BFV whilst watching Neebs Gaming Ark video on YouTube and what comes next....

• SirBobdk
    3166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best cod game ever :smiley:
  • TEKNOCODE
    10330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best cod game ever :smiley:

This isn’t meme enough.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If you want people to believe your legitimate points you need to stop doubling down on the ones that are indefensible. To claim that BFV has anywhere near the explosive spam of BF1 is insane. It has like 1/16th. When I die from a grenade in BFV its like, wow, that was weird. In BF1 it was every other death. I can't even believe this is even an argument because this issue is so far beyond settled. Most gunfights in BF1 started with a grenade throw. And then you add in napalm level fire grenades and gas to the equation and it was a spam fest of epic proportions. And then add in Mortar trucks, Murometz bombers...
  • BaronVonGoon
    6153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Disposalist I get you prefer BF1. But you're really reaching if you think BFV explosives in general are anywhere near the plague of nade spam in BF1. You're really reaching and frankly it's almost as though you're insulting people's intelligence on this issue. This isn't really something worth debating, it's clear as day.
  • India51A
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So this thread is still open even though no one has posted since December 2018!

Well here's my 2 cents worth.

BFV is NOT a cool game, it may be for those who end up on the winning side most of the time, however I will tell you a story.

I have been playing FPS games for the last 30 years or so. I have never come across a game where the teams are so unbalanced as they are in this game. This totally ruins the game, especially if 9 times out of 10 you are on the losing side, like I am. I just do not understand it, don't say it's because I am crap, I know I am, but there are another 31 players in the team, they can't all be crap 9 times out of 10. Also, it appears to me that the enemy team always has more vehicles that us and more planes too, it's very strange how this balancing works, (It doesn't work).

As for the unbalancing, I have played in a few matches where the enemy has had more players than us, and don't mean just a few, I'm talking about 10-12 more, and in other matches I have played against enemies who have had 23 level 50 players on their team to our 14, it's not every match, but is in the majority of matches. Some people say that shouldn't make a difference! I have to laugh at that, it makes a HELL of a difference. This unbalanced game, along with many, many hackers makes it unplayable for me, I keep trying because I like to do the objectives, and am trying to play a medic as often as I can, but that causes me to die a lot, it would do if the teams were balanced, never mind how badly balanced they are.

So, what will happen. Are Dice/EA aware of this problem, and are they going to do anything about it, that for me is the leading question.

• mrtwotimes
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a personal issue.
    I personally have had a blast with every BF version I have played.
  • Kayback
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yep TTD is annoying, they’re trying to fix it

Yep sound issues are annoying, they’re trying to fix it.

Well they didn't.

And they haven't.

Can we be toxic now?
  • MAJWolfcookies
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    What’s really negative is DICE spitting out half baked buggy POS titles and charging $80+ for “Deluxe” edition. What’s even more negative are the sheep who got suckered to buy it. Sad! Lol. Astounding!
  • Hawxxeye
    3758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If you want people to believe your legitimate points you need to stop doubling down on the ones that are indefensible. To claim that BFV has anywhere near the explosive spam of BF1 is insane. It has like 1/16th. When I die from a grenade in BFV its like, wow, that was weird. In BF1 it was every other death. I can't even believe this is even an argument because this issue is so far beyond settled. Most gunfights in BF1 started with a grenade throw. And then you add in napalm level fire grenades and gas to the equation and it was a spam fest of epic proportions. And then add in Mortar trucks, Murometz bombers...
    There are less grenade deaths but a lot more of the other type of explosive deaths courtesy of assault.
    In more infantry centric maps like devestation in frontlines I have seen plenty of cases where chokepoints get spammed by PIATs, grenade lauchers, thrown grenades/incendiaries, dynamite sticks thrown over 10 meters away, all that can be sustained with a suuply station at the corner ad infinitum with more than 1 assault.
    There have been cases were I have had trouble aiming due to the constant explosion screenshake.

• Pelliy
    1992 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

u keep making these broad statements: everyone that disliked elite classes is a kd padding tryhard. everyone that had an issue with explosive spam only played tight infantry focused maps. just stop...

neither is the case. I disliked both to not say I absolutely hated them but I neither try to improve my kd in any way nor did I only play infantry focused small gamemodes and maps. I played small ops mostly when that was a thing, after that I played mostly rush and frontlines. and in the end it was about an equal mix of conquest, frontlines, rush and shock ops. and i played ALL maps... whatever came up. (and this is not exclusive, I also played tdm and domination regularly for example)

and finally you come up with some random people that apparently camp doorways with rocket launchers and assault that chuck nades on flags. despite the fact that I never encountered that one single time in my whole time in bfv it is almost laughable to compare bf1 and bfv based on such an incident or a few such incidents. what you descrive as being bad in bfv wasn't just something that also happened in bf1 it was rather part of the meta in bf1.
    for example I could not play a whole frontlines game without getting dynamited by some camping scrub on top of some stairs or in some other ridiculous spot just waiting for someone to run into his trap.

bf1 is actually famous for its explosive spam and bfv is pretty much the opposite. it features the least explosive gadgets or grenade spam capabilities since bfbc2 (or even longer in case the assault couldspam grenade launchers in that through resupplying himself. was that a thing? can't remeber).
    regardless there is a bunch of things wrong with bfv but explosive spam is for sure not one of them.

That's what disposalist does he likes to paint a narrative that's untrue waxed with "try hards didn't like bf1" poetic .

• disposalist
    Pelliy wrote: »

That's what disposalist does he likes to paint a narrative that's untrue waxed with "try hards didn't like bf1" poetic .
    And calling someone a liar and denying their opinion is such a constructive and reasonable contribution. A personal attack, hmm? I get the feeling I upset you at some point.