50% off. Really EA?

W38BY
33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Only a few weeks since launch and this offer comes out for all veteran players (people who own battlefield 1 or 4) to have 50% off for battlefield 5. I may be crazy but if your a veteran most likely you would of either pre-ordered, bought the game on release or maybe a few days later. The only way they could remotely have a chance of redeeming themselves is to either give back 50% cost of the game to whoever bought it, give the community veterans 70% off the next battlefield game or give a game equal to 50% cost of buying battlefield of your choice on origin (if you already own it). If this does not happen maybe I might just tattoo on the back of my hand "DONT GIVE EA MONEY".

Comments

• 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what it will be free to play Soon as long as they keep it from dieing worship the them go on your knees and gravel
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    choose one:

a) would you rather the game stay at $60 but empty servers or
    b) would you rather the game gets a 50% discount prompting many ppl to buy the game (like me) and thus many full servers
  • W38BY
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    vcm0x wrote: »
    choose one:

b) would you rather the game gets a 50% discount prompting many ppl to buy the game (like me) and thus many full servers

I would prefer not having sleazy tactics like what EA is pulling. If it was a few months I'd understand but weeks that just low.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, this is a really scummy tactic. I can understand though - the game is clearly not selling well (not surprising news, either), so they're resorting to desperation tactics.

However, people that bought it before need to be compensated. Of course, partial refunds aren't happening because it's EA, but free cosmetic items exclusive to people who bought before the discount (either Veteran or Origin Access, since it's happening for people on Origin Access too) would be something. These people that bought them before any discounts are the customers EA needs to keep, so it's a really stupid idea to anger them like this.
  • W38BY
    Yeah, this is a really scummy tactic. I can understand though - the game is clearly not selling well (not surprising news, either), so they're resorting to desperation tactics.

However, people that bought it before need to be compensated. Of course, partial refunds aren't happening because it's EA, but free cosmetic items exclusive to people who bought before the discount (either Veteran or Origin Access, since it's happening for people on Origin Access too) would be something. These people that bought them before any discounts are the customers EA needs to keep, so it's a really stupid idea to anger them like this.

Yes free cosmetics could work maybe even a crap load of company points.

• pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    choose one:

Or have an influx of new players bashing the game on the forums and Reddit since the game is still bug riddled.
  • motojdr6
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A nice middle ground would be for DICE to give all the early adopters and especially those who forked out for the deluxe edition, a decent amount of cosmetic currency.

At least enough to buy 2 top grade skins.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The game is a flop in sales so EA has to salvage the situation somehow. Joining the ranks of a few other AAA titles.
  • ackers75
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who made you buy it?
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Who made you buy it?

Clever marketing.
  • ackers75
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Who made you buy it?

Clever marketing.

Yep and they fall for it every time.
  • W38BY
    Not gonna fall for it next time. No more money from me EA.
  • Bluemoon2393
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This Battlefield game has been nothing but a disaster. It's lost its touch. Lost its way and also very uninspiring. It's copying Fortnite and PUGB and it's a bad direction to go down.

I'm for new ideas and creativity but I feel it should have stuck with the traditional modes like Rush and Operations which were a success. Because it offered one fighting area to the next one.

The maps are poorly designed it doesn't give you that feel off having fun. The guns just don't feel good. It doesn't feel like WW2. The best WW2 game I have played was definitely World at War. It was realistic and fun to play on. Medal of Honour Airborne was also a fun WW2 game to play as well.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12829 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There are many threads on this subject already, We don't need any more.

This discussion has been closed.