Weekly Debrief

Do we have cheaters?

Mordscythe
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just wondering if people are able to cheat on ps4?
I’ve seen videos of pc players and one of my platoon mates swears there are hax on PlayStation.
So I’m wondering if he is right or wrong....

Comments

• Mordscythe
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To extrapolate I don’t think there are, but he is adamant there is...
  • IDazzlerazzle
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He is wrong
  • Mordscythe
    Thought so.
    He is just salty ;)
    Thanks
  • MurfCr
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no cheats on consoles. PC will, if they don't already. M&K players are already on PS...basically cheats.
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find it harder to get them working in this game compared to the ones in BF4
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

So m&k is cheating?
  • The_BERG_366
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    still waiting for my comment to be approved apparently....
    @StarscreamUK please :neutral:
  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mordscythe wrote: »
    I’ve seen videos of pc players and one of my platoon mates swears there are hax on PlayStation.

officially they say cheating on new PS4 and XB1 is not possible because they are not "jailbreak -en". But, there was a video of COD BO3 cheat on the YT. The enemy players had a red box around them. He was selling the PS4 app for that. It was reported,... and the video was removed forever.

Although the new generation console is not broken (as yet), I'm suspicious that developers know for the secret codes they use while developing, and they just sell them to few chosen

And also there is the M&K, which I consider cheating
  • The_BERG_366
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

So m&k is cheating?

not necessarily. my issue is that people keep claiming that mnks are perfectly fine without taking any specific information into account purely based on the fact that psn licensed the hori tac Pro. but this is not a valid argumentation.

about the tos part: I simply mentioned that to underline the point that I made. clearly its not all perfectly fine and people who complain just make things up.
    whether it's cheating or not is a different question though. things aren't necessarily cheating just because they violate some tos. conversely, something is not defined to be not cheating just because it doesn't violate some tos...
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    still waiting for my comment to be approved apparently....
    @StarscreamUK please :neutral:

You're not the only one

Edit : lmao that any discussion re:m&k sends the "oh fudge!" signal to the mods :D :D
  • HuwJarz
    3877 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

further Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

I agree, but the argument that M&K is abhorrent loses some veracity when the hardware manufacturer sells one! More importantly, a DICE dev and mod posted IN THESE VERY forums that these devices are NOT considered cheating. Period. If I hear from the publisher of the game that that is ok, then that's good for me.

I use an M&K. I can barely pull a 1.2KD at the moment on BFV, despite being a pretty decent BF1 player. The way you play is way more important than what you use.
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The fact they have a device with a ps logo on it is in fact their statement on the matter. If they didn't want it then they wouldn't let hori create an emulator. Period. Any converter prolly not. Everyone knows xim is superior. But using hori seems to be A ok with ps.
    Is it fair? Thats a whole other matter.
  • The_BERG_366

The fact they have a device with a ps logo on it is in fact their statement on the matter. If they didn't want it then they wouldn't let hori create an emulator. Period. Any converter prolly not. Everyone knows xim is superior. But using hori seems to be A ok with ps.
    Is it fair? Thats a whole other matter.

it seems you didn't read any of what I wrote. my point is exactly that this "logo" is in fact not proving anything. all it shows is that they are obviously ok with people using their converter... nothing more. its not a logical to follow that Sony therfore doesn't mind anyone using any mnk converter or that they don't dislike seeing mnk used in the first place.
    and the cheating question is a whole other topic all together so this argument clearly isn't proving anything in this direction.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    Mordscythe wrote: »

officially they say cheating on new PS4 and XB1 is not possible because they are not "jailbreak -en". But, there was a video of COD BO3 cheat on the YT. The enemy players had a red box around them. He was selling the PS4 app for that. It was reported,... and the video was removed forever.

Although the new generation console is not broken (as yet), I'm suspicious that developers know for the secret codes they use while developing, and they just sell them to few chosen

And also there is the M&K, which I consider cheating

You cant go online with a jailbroken console. Everytime you go online it checks the playstation version and its unique identifier. Jailbreaking makes you loose this identifier and to jailbreak you need to roll back the console version, which in turn doesn't allow you to go online since you are not up to date.

So even if you could have the latest version and a jailbroken machine, the lack of unique identifier will basically alert Sony to brick your system....which has happened to people in the past.
  • Prep768
    Prep768 wrote: »

So m&k is cheating?

not necessarily. my issue is that people keep claiming that mnks are perfectly fine without taking any specific information into account purely based on the fact that psn licensed the hori tac Pro. but this is not a valid argumentation.

about the tos part: I simply mentioned that to underline the point that I made. clearly its not all perfectly fine and people who complain just make things up.
    whether it's cheating or not is a different question though. things aren't necessarily cheating just because they violate some tos. conversely, something is not defined to be not cheating just because it doesn't violate some tos...

Understood