If you don’t like new map, why you even play battlefield?

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I love the new map. Although, I have to say it's NOT Battlefield. Or, I should say, it's not present-day Battlefield, to me. Subjectivity speaking, a Battlefield game should be a collection of maps, from close-quarters infantry (Locker, Fort, Argonne), medium size all-in-ones (Dawnbreaker, St. Quentin, Nansha Strike), to large vehicle maps (Hamada, Golmud, Firestorm). Every Battlefield game should have a combimation of these. Anyone who says the ideal Battlefield game should have 8 Panzersturm-type maps, should probably consider switching to War Thunder.

Tl,dr Panzersturm is a fun, change of pace map. We need a mix of infantry, all-in-one، and vehicle maps.
  • zterrans
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a lot of not obvious cover for infantry, but wish there was a bit of intermediate cover for anti-tank guns. Maybe a few more constructable earthenworks would help. Seems like finally a good point for the use of them (would also love the option of manhandling the guns into place like post scriptum, as vehicles can be a bit annoying to get the right facing)
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice really taking the name BattleFIELD to heart, Most of the MP maps are massive open fields.

Battlefield 5 should be renamed to Battlefield Anxiety. They removed frag spam, gadget spam, limited the ammo of everyone and gave them a hammer? Just a bunch of people running around doing everything but shooting. This should be classified as a First Person Mechanic.

I bet all the devs go home and play Fortnite and Black Ops 4 lol
  • dayglowfroggy
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I found it really good fun and I am 90‰ infantry.
    just want to be able to play it again without having to wait for rotation.
    couldn't get advanced search to give any servers.
    maybe I will get a go tonight if I am lucky.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I love the new map. Although, I have to say it's NOT Battlefield. Or, I should say, it's not present-day Battlefield, to me. Subjectivity speaking, a Battlefield game should be a collection of maps, from close-quarters infantry (Locker, Fort, Argonne), medium size all-in-ones (Dawnbreaker, St. Quentin, Nansha Strike), to large vehicle maps (Hamada, Golmud, Firestorm). Every Battlefield game should have a combimation of these. Anyone who says the ideal Battlefield game should have 8 Panzersturm-type maps, should probably consider switching to War Thunder.

Tl,dr Panzersturm is a fun, change of pace map. We need a mix of infantry, all-in-one، and vehicle maps.

Exactly this. Im playing this game since Battlefield 2. Since Bad Company 1 you have those combined arms maps with small, medium and large mapsize. Battlefield Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 where all build after this pattern. But strangely some of the tank only player here act as if this never happend. And they say: "but Bad Company is not real Battlefield" or they say "but Battlefield 3 and 4 are not the real Battlefield games, only Batliefield 2 and Battlefield 1942 are real" or nostalgic stuff like this. Why are only the first 2 games Battlefield, when they have build at least 7 games after that, which all do not play like Battlefield 2 ?

I bet if Dice would release a HD remake of Battlefield 2, with graphics which look as good as BF 4, then most player,everybody except of the people who want to play only tank or airplain, would still prefer Battlefield 4 map design wise. Beside its always the tank player, who make ridiculous demands like "make every map like panzerstorm, or heavy metal , orelse the game sucks and im not playing it". Here i mean reactions like this:

If you want straight infantry gameplay maybe pubg, cod, or fortnite are more your style.
    Battlefield is about VEHICLES mainly that's what sets it apart from other fps games expert.

You very rarely hear the infantry player make demands like "make every map like Devastation, or Rotterdam". Its always the tank player with "either 8 tank focused maps or i dont play it and it sucks" demands , even though most player are infantry player, which play tank or airplain only from time to time.

• mighyymouse
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it too, I do think it needs more tank spawns though
  • BaronVonGoon
    6738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Agree with us. Need more tanks. Maybe 10 v 10, instead of 7 v 7.
  • azelenkin0306
    556 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

32 vs 32 tanks

• HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Played it yesterday. Absolutely loved it. I don’t vehicle, but there were tanks/planes everywhere.

@Loqtrall and I hitchhiked on top of a tank for about 350m. I don’t know why, but it was funny as hell.

What happened to @Loqtrall? I’ve not seen any of his epic entertaining dramatic novellas for quite some time. Is he in the barn?

All the best people spend good time there ;-).
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Seven flags and only three are ever contested because they are accessible. 3/4 quarters of the map consist of fields. Within 5 minutes all cover on D and C is basically gone and 14 tanks and gunners are putting fire down the remaining ruins from 200m away.
    Meanwhile 30 infantry players are trying to fight over these three flags while being encircled. If players want to play tanks that's cool. But if tankers are honest then they do it because they want a personal force multiplier to kill infantry while being as safe as possible.
    Just a small anecdote from the last round I had on it. I killed a medic twice while he was in smoke, presumably because he wanted to revive guys that were just caught in the tank crossfire. He was at 1/12, when I checked his stats. I was tank gunner the whole round with 20/5.
    The map is objectively horribly. Too many irrelevant areas, and not enough cover to actually have a flow in the map. We will see a lot of these fancy new maps, because they are pretty easy, fast and cheap to make when compared to maps like Azadi, Zavod or Caspian. Just put two houses on each flag, lay a green texture over the rest of the playable area and call it a day.

This.

It's just not an interesting map to play. Infantry are stuck running between 3 flags being cannon fodder for the people lucky enough to get tanks. The rest of the map is vast but bland.

I mean if vehicle combat is all you like, then you'll like the map. For everyone else it's a little stale.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same reason I didn't like silk road, but to each their own.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I love it now. Having great fun towing a PAK40 to some outlying hill and smashing up enemy tanks. Getting it there is hard but once you're in its heaven watching those tanks pop :smiley:
  • gunsmen96
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it, but a bit more cover for infantry between the middle flags would be decent
  • xXPvZMaster420Xx
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Played it yesterday. Absolutely loved it. I don’t vehicle, but there were tanks/planes everywhere.

@Loqtrall and I hitchhiked on top of a tank for about 350m. I don’t know why, but it was funny as hell.

What happened to @Loqtrall? I’ve not seen any of his epic entertaining dramatic novellas for quite some time. Is he in the barn?

All the best people spend good time there ;-).

He’s been busy
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The existing map design is utterly low IQ, it doesn't provide much layers of strategy and diversity to put players in action. like another poster mentioned, 3/4 of the maps are dead zone that most players would avoid, flat terrain & open space that put 2/3 weapon class in total disadvantage, in grand operation, 2 flags on each maps needs to be procedurally captured, or it's impossible for attackers to move forward if they don't understand one flag had to be captured before the other in order to gain terrian & logistic advantage. So liner safe passage, 2 choke point per map with bipod campers, limited destruction and waste area on map is what kills this game.

So no, I rarely play BFV anymore, I found myself play more BF1 than BFV
  • GENERALONGDONG
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

12-14 each imo.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just think it's a much worse version of Armored Shield from BF3. That one was actually fun because you had a lot more vehicle options either armored or for transportation. And also because it wasn't entirely just flat fields, 3 of the 5 flags had enough cover between them for infantry to go around.

It was a large but well designed map. Not so much this time, as it is really only fun when you're in tank.
  • EliteLima
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

bro, players who don't love the new map, are COD players who actually play BF5 from now and then. ignore them
  • barnesalmighty2
    1480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm yet to play it so have no opinions yet. It's not available in GO sadly.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    For me the map is only fun if you have the luck of taking a tank or plane. As infantry is boring as hell, 50% of time traveling 50% fighting (at the best) if you get killed quickly prepare for travel again.
    And I've only played BF1 before. What's the problem? Sorry for not having your childhood nostalgia of BF 1942.
    I think the better way to describe the new map is using the analogy "vast as the ocean but deep as a puddle".