BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    I tried Domination mode last night, and actually had my first decent experience with this game. That lasted for about 10 minutes, until at least two obvious cheaters on the other team starting getting mass headshots on everyone. One guy was 27-0, then other was 23-0. Both would have been gone instantly on the private servers I'm used to playing on, but not BFV. I guess the experience now and forever is just being thrown into servers with random people, so you might as well be playing bots, and soaking up the toxic, racist chat while being aimbotted and wall hacked at the same time.

Pathetic EA, absolutely pathetic.

Are you saying EA condones cheating, racism, and abusive behavior?😉

The old DICE we all knew is dead, since this kind of garbage wasn’t tolerated by them.

RIP, DICE!
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Dude you deserve mocking..... you haven't been the game for the last two years ??? still back in BF4 I suspect or worse still PUBG ?? what have you been playing.

50 servers a night here in Aust even BF4's hey days weren't that big. Had no problems getting 3 squads of 4 all in TS into a conquest server last night.

And maybe a little less demanding of RSP and start asking for free custom servers like there are in Titanfall, SWBF 1, BF1 Incursions. You guys are such sad sacks, If you look at the origin access model they will have to move towards free servers so anyone can download the game and play against a group of friends. This is what "games as a service" model is all about. If EA can get 10 million subscribers onto premium then that's 100 million a month in revenue and overt a billion dollars a year without selling a game.

And you think you are smarter then them buy boycotting there game, they will win in the end just like steam did and they will get your money.

Most don't respond well to personal attacks and stupidity. Others don't respond at all.
  • DevilLordAT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So if I see it right it's not planned to implement private Servers for BF5? This would be very sad as the gaming experience
    with friends would be a completely different one!
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At this time, it is not on EA/DICE's roadmap.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Dude you deserve mocking..... you haven't been the game for the last two years ??? still back in BF4 I suspect or worse still PUBG ?? what have you been playing.

And you think you are smarter then them buy boycotting there game, they will win in the end just like steam did and they will get your money.

Wait, who deserves mocking for what?
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    At this time, it is not on EA/DICE's roadmap.
    Do you have any documentation to back up your claim?
    I would find it embarrassing to go around saying things like that, unless I had something to back it up.
    Are you just flat out making up this story and lying to everybody? Do you have a problem with doing that?
  • Neox255
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Well it was in this video below that EA/Dice said Rental Servers for BFV was on the road map but this was way back in September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=KhnpSM08GPc

Got to admit the lack of feedback and input from EA/Dice since that video has been desperately poor. Absolutely nothing from them since but not entirely surprising tbh especially with how they handled the RSP for BF1.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Neox255 wrote: »
    Well it was in this video below that EA/Dice said Rental Servers for BFV was on the road map but this was way back in September.

Got to admit the lack of feedback and input from EA/Dice since that video has been desperately poor. Absolutely nothing from them since but not entirely surprising tbh especially with how they handled the RSP for BF1.

Well they have been busy with other higher priority issues.
  • -Antares65z
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What do you think is more important to EA? Finishing the BR mode and addressing the countless bugs and issues with the game? Or rolling out the RSP that they haven't seemed very committed to in the past and probably isn't a big money maker for them.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Neox255 wrote: »

Great thanks for the link!!
  • StarscreamUK
    6990 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    What do you think is more important to EA? Finishing the BR mode and addressing the countless bugs and issues with the game? Or rolling out the RSP that they haven't seemed very committed to in the past and probably isn't a big money maker for them.

Criterion are doing the BR mode. Totally different team.
  • -Antares65z
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Regardless. Rolling out an RSP any time soon for a half-baked and broken game would only compound EA's growing headache. They would be putting the cart before the horse and it wouldn't be enough to rescue this game from quite possibly being a failure. They need to fix and enhance BF5 soon or many will grow bored and move on. So what good is an RSP if you don't have the player base to support it? Most just want to hit the QM noob button and get dumped on an official server.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Regardless. Rolling out an RSP any time soon for a half-baked and broken game would only compound EA's growing headache. They would be putting the cart before the horse and it wouldn't be enough to rescue this game from quite possibly being a failure. They need to fix and enhance BF5 soon or many will grow bored and move on. So what good is an RSP if you don't have the player base to support it? Most just want to hit the QM noob button and get dumped on an official server.

Maybe... but there are players that want RSP for a reason, for me it's 32/48 players on CQ or others want personal settings (Hardcore). What do you think these people will do if they don't get the chance to play the game like they want to? A RSP will at least keep most of these people around.
  • TwinGunsLLP
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the game the way it is right now, but I will confirm 100% that if there are private servers along with a hardcore mode I will absolutely give it another shot. Those two options are that important to me in an fps game, and I know for a fact I'm far from being alone. It's just a joke we have neither right now, let alone any sort of information.
  • BewBewKittyFck
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I hate the game the way it is right now, but I will confirm 100% that if there are private servers along with a hardcore mode I will absolutely give it another shot. Those two options are that important to me in an fps game, and I know for a fact I'm far from being alone. It's just a joke we have neither right now, let alone any sort of information.

Pretty much in the same boat, the lack of hardcore mode and a rsp kills this game. I wont purchase another Battlefield game unless hardcore is implemented at launch.
  • -Antares65z
    Maybe... but there are players that want RSP for a reason, for me it's 32/48 players on CQ or others want personal settings (Hardcore). What do you think these people will do if they don't get the chance to play the game like they want to? A RSP will at least keep most of these people around.

If BF5's RSP would be similar/same as BF1 in what configuration options was offered, then 32 or 48 players really wouldn't be an option. Especially 48 players. You could reduce the Conquest player count to 32 by adding in (1) Frontlines map, but there isn't an option for Conquest Small which also reduces the number of flags. As for HC, you had to basically customize it yourself to be HC, but then it made the server Custom and it would disappear from the browser with default filters. I think that if EA planned on making an RSP available, they would have acknowledged it and also promoted it with new and improved features.

• -Antares65z

Don't be surprised if your next Battlefield game in 2019 won't even have a server browser. You're slowly being weened off the browser and on to match making.
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Is rolling out EA-controlled RSPs so hard? They control the server instances, the upkeep, the game updates. They give renters rudimentary "choices" and that's that. Doesn't seem all that complicated.

Private servers like the old-days, running Pro-con and all that - yeah that is more complicated and requires more of a commitment on EA's part they seem unlikely to take on.