Weekly BF

This Week in Battlefield V - December 10th

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited December 2018
Xj49jsV.jpg

Welcome to the December 10th edition of This Week in Battlefield V!

This week we finish up Chapter 1: Overture’s first in-game weekly mission as we pave way for the start of the Week 2 Mission that focuses on Squad Play and Reinforcements. The second weekly mission will unlock the Axis Ratburner Helmet if all requirements are met. We also have a minor update scheduled for release as well as other exciting news you won’t want to miss.

As always, timing on these items can always shift, but we want to give you a glimpse into what we have planned so you can tune in as each beat goes live.

rhlx6vdi5i321.png
The second in-game Weekly Mission during Chapter 1: Overture goes live on Thursday!

This Week in Battlefield V

Monday, December 10th
  • Last Chance – Chapter 1: Overture 1st Weekly Mission: Attrition & Fortifications – You have until Thursday, December 13th at 00:00 UTC to complete the first weekly mission in order to unlock priority access to the VGO MMG (will be available for purchase with Company Coin later if you miss the boat). Get on it!
  • LIVE NOW Article – This Week in Battlefield V – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap. This is the article you’re reading now!
  • LIVE NOW Article – Battlefield V’s Known Issues List Update (Reddit & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we’ll keep our Known Issues list updated frequently.

Tuesday, December 11th
  • Update – Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update – A minor update is releasing that addresses some notable issues with game crashes, unlocks, and UI (see below).
  • Update Notes – Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update – Although the update notes may change over the next 24 hours, here’s a glimpse of improvements we are rolling out tomorrow:
    • Players no longer get spotted on the mini-map after killing an enemy.
    • Fixed an issue where high-level Recon players lost access to the Throwing Knife.
    • Adjusted the initial respawn count on specific maps in Domination mode.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when being in the Practice Range as a squad.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing the Tides of War menu.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when playing the Nordlys War Story.
    • Corrected the Tides of War countdown notice to show the correct number of days.
    • Fixed broken audio when watching the tutorial videos.
  • Blog – Chapter 1: Overture, Week 2 Tips – Learn about the upcoming weekly mission and how to best approach it to successfully complete the requirements need to unlock the Axis Ratburner helmet.
  • Web – Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update Notes – The Update Notes section of Battlefield.com will be refreshed with to the update notes.

Wednesday, December 12th
  • Article – Chapter 1: Overture, Week 2 Mission Breakdown – Let’s dive into the nuances of the Week 2 mission so you can be best posed to unlock the Axis Ratburner Helmet.
  • [RESCHEDULED] Blog – How to Fight and Win as a Squad – Tips on how to play better as a Squad.
  • [RESCHEDULED] Blog – How to Lead a Squad – Every Squad needs a leader. Let us help you be a better Squad Leader.
  • [RESCHEDULED] Blog – How to Get Reinforcements – As a Squad Leader you get points for leading your Squad to victory. Use those points to call in Reinforcements. We teach you how.

Thursday, December 13th
  • Launch – Chapter 1: Overture, Week 2 Mission Goes Live – At 00:00 UTC, the week 2 mission goes live and you’ll be out of the gates to complete the Squad Play and Reinforcement focused requirements to unlock the Axis Ratburner Helmet.
  • Blog – Airlifts Are On Their Way – Full blog detailing what Airlifts are, what to expect, how to get them, what’s in them, and how many you get.
  • Livestream – Battlefield Weekly Hosted from EA UK – Join the EA UK Community Team as they stream the latest and greatest from Battlefield V, live on http://twitch.tv/battlefield

Friday, December 14th
  • Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums. ICYMI, here’s last week’s Battlefield V Weekly Debrief.

Thank you for being a part of the Battlefield V community!

Edit:

- The Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update Notes will be published as a dedicated page on Battlefield.com. It is no longer a blog.
- The three blogs: How to Fight and Win as a Squad, How to Lead a Squad, and How to Get Reinforcements have been rescheduled for a Wednesday publish.
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    when you gona fix long loading black screen when you quit game? in march? or next patch when you add micro transactions?
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fix endless EoR!
    but to be honest... today i changed all maps in a row (7-8) without this bug 🙌
    never went so good since nov 15th...
    😊
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

"BUT IT'S FREE" $60 for a broken game, free?
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Timeline update on the original post.

Edit:

- The Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update Notes will be published as a dedicated page on Battlefield.com. It is no longer a blog.
    - The three blogs: How to Fight and Win as a Squad, How to Lead a Squad, and How to Get Reinforcements have been rescheduled for a Wednesday publish.
  • Ryan_VVong
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The character decoration and the firearms skin are very shoddy, and the battlefield 1 is much more refined than the battlefield 5, which makes me feel that DICE does not care about the feelings of the land lovers.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    any update on Battlefield Companion?
  • Optimalilusion
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    when you gona fix long loading black screen when you quit game? in march? or next patch when you add micro transactions?

they seriously need to fix the loading screen issue, I can not even finish a grand operation... and they wonder why sales are down. I play this game a lot, and have to reload the game every single match. no one is going to talk good about the game if they have to deal with crap like this, doing research, looks like Battlefield one players had the same issue.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1.Fix enemy footsteps. Accuracy is essential in fps's
    2.Fix mantleling, always getting stuck in windows. Was much more fluid in BF1
    3.Fix ammo crate from falling through the environment.
    4. Texture pop ins are horrible on Xbox one x
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, I guess we still get to view our locked “Golden Muzzle” for the M1907 SF without the Mastery assignment. This going along with just about 1 in 3 players experiencing other “locked or missing” weapon Mastery assignments and weapon customization skins. Where’s the update on that?

Nothing mentioned about “footstep” audio update/fix
    Nothing mentioned about Comapny Coin fix
    Nothing mentioned about TTD update/fix
    Nothing mentioned about ToW Chapter 1 Assignment bugs being resolved
    Status on EoR issues still affecting gameplay?

I mean, those would be major issues players would WANT to hear or at least get a “heads up” on.

I hope DICE can take note on what’s priority over “nice to haves”. Nothing “game breaking” that stands out from that small list other than players not being spotted on mini map after a kill.

Please tell us that the “Throwing Knife” unlock isn’t the only issue resolved.....Throwing Knife? Really? Not like players progression through multitude of bugs including assignments are inhibiting progression or anything. Let’s make sure players get Throwing Knifevs unlocked first instead. You’re joking...right?

/facepalm
  • Communist1939
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Please fix grenades throwings!! ALWAYS when I throw a grenade and get shot at (simultaneously) the grenade ends up at a entirely diffrent location than originally aimed. Pls fix this like it was in BF1. Sometimes you don't have the time to reload a weapon and just have to throw an "incendiary" grenade to save yourself and maybe get a kill... right now this is impossible with the mechanics of the grenade throwings... sry for my english hope you all understand.
  • Sonicjohnbh
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need those over-eager plane nerfs fixed FAST, not just the next MAJOR update in January.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wake me up when planes reloads aren't painfully stupid anymore, pure overkill to appease the super soldier infantry.. which i guess goes with the theme of WW2, it had appeasement
  • smit1088
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone tell me what we received last week for the deluxe edition?
  • j232211V7
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fixing ammo crate from falling through the environment is essential and must be done asap. Come on Dice, there has been many critical situation where I was unable to resupply my team mates and we lost the capture point which lead to losing the match several times. This is a serious bug.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I appreciate you guys being so forward with us with what you are doing but it's always heartbreaking to see no mention of custom servers / hardcore mode. Many of us are desperate and it's like we are playing the game with training wheels on it.
    We obviously made the mistake of buying a Battlefield game too early, I think everyone knows not to do that anymore.
    Please for the love of everything good, stress the issue and please get us a proper response about it.
    Thank you.
  • ToastyJoost
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Players no longer get spotted on the mini-map after killing an enemy.

Wow. That's a big update! Genuinely happy that this is happening. wasn't expecting a fix for this anytime soon! Cheers Dice!
  • XUSFX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No fix for missing chatlog on PS4?
  • Ark3O
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EoR is fixed or not yet? I read that it will be pushed through this hotfix.