BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the game the way it is right now, but I will confirm 100% that if there are private servers along with a hardcore mode I will absolutely give it another shot. Those two options are that important to me in an fps game, and I know for a fact I'm far from being alone. It's just a joke we have neither right now, let alone any sort of information.

Don't be surprised if your next Battlefield game in 2019 won't even have a server browser. You're slowly being weened off the browser and on to match making.

A useless server browser is nearly the same as no browser at all^^
  • TwinGunsLLP
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hate the game the way it is right now, but I will confirm 100% that if there are private servers along with a hardcore mode I will absolutely give it another shot. Those two options are that important to me in an fps game, and I know for a fact I'm far from being alone. It's just a joke we have neither right now, let alone any sort of information.

Don't be surprised if your next Battlefield game in 2019 won't even have a server browser. You're slowly being weened off the browser and on to match making.

Sure looks like it. Oh well, on to the next thing. ;)
  • Metal_Jockets
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well..in that case they shouldn't be surprised if their sale will be less than 2018...
  • Axlerod1
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Like I said before in this thread. RSP and a server browser does not work well with EA's subscription plan that they want every gamer to go to.

To me EA's subscription service is about like a subscription to the local newspaper. Not much content and not worth the monthly premium. I guess the good news is the newspapers give you coupons.

If this is the future of EA games, I am done. I did not waste money on Battlefield 5. Give me the content I want I will buy it.
    Something tells me, EA wants to move away from 64 player games altogether. Something tells me BF5 might be the last 64 player game they make. I think it will start with BFBC3. I won't be surprised if the only way you can play it is to subscribe for it.
  • Per_Hashisblad
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RSP confirmed?

• Tiger_273
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Like I said before in this thread. RSP and a server browser does not work well with EA's subscription plan that they want every gamer to go to.

To me EA's subscription service is about like a subscription to the local newspaper. Not much content and not worth the monthly premium. I guess the good news is the newspapers give you coupons.

If this is the future of EA games, I am done. I did not waste money on Battlefield 5. Give me the content I want I will buy it.
    Something tells me, EA wants to move away from 64 player games altogether. Something tells me BF5 might be the last 64 player game they make. I think it will start with BFBC3. I won't be surprised if the only way you can play it is to subscribe for it.

If they do, I'll think I'll play.

This as it was in BF1 is the best so far.

If it could be rid of BF1 + BF4 = to get a more modern game with the BF1 settings.

(No monthly subscriptions, many kids do not have this option, and certainly keep 64 play modes, and of course restore RSP)

Hooah!
  • BuIletZ
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think without RSP it would really kill it but like BF1 unfortunately we may have to wait longer than we like...
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks guys please keep the pressure on them!
    This is going to be the most epic BF ever, and everything will come full circle when we get our servers.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Something tells me BF5 might be the last 64 player game they make. I think it will start with BFBC3. I won't be surprised if the only way you can play it is to subscribe for it.
    It's been a typical progression of more players per game as the technology advances.
    I am totally expecting next gen to be typically 128 players, or maybe more - of course the maps would be bigger and the technology better capable, but I really think we will head that way.

• Beat_Mangler80
    I am glad the rental server system is a thing of the past. If you can not handle the responsibility of managing a server, then you should not be able to rent a server in the first place. BF4 was full of admins abusing their "rights". Just look at the current state of BF4. Admins baiting players with fake numbers of players. Well done EA/DICE.

@Bundesfinanzamt DICE said RSP is "on the roadmap" RSP means "Rental Server Program" so your happy dance about rented servers being "a thing of the past" may be more than a bit premature. BF3's RSP wasn't at launch, BF4's wasn't at launch, BF1's wasn't at launch so I feel comfortable thinking that BF5's is coming down the road as well.

Rented servers are a huge community asset and they allow dedicated happy players to play in an environment tailored to their community's needs. They also allow us to continue to play our favorite legacy Battlefield titles years and sometimes a decade plus after they've sunset official game support. RSP is exactly why those who disliked BF1's game play were able to take refuge in BF4 until BF5 launched instead of those hard built communities evaporating. Rented servers are nothing but a huge boon to the Battlefield player base and if you find one that you don't like you can 1. play only on official DICE servers 2. find another Rented server that has a community and rule set that you like or 3. rent your own server and make the rule. Servers with badmins or horrible or unfair rules don't last long because rented servers are not in quick match one they change default settings so nobody plays on servers with a bad experience.
    It's really nice to know some staff understand the importance of rentable servers.
    Please also understand that people get more frustrated as each day passes, we need it implemented now.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Ea completley owned dice in 2006, they had majority shares in 2005.

So time for claws to sink in deep has no merit.

What has changed is the markets, technology and the internet. These three things combined have changed gaming more than any publisher.

Has technology and the internet devolved? I recall playing 10vs10 matches in CS almost 20 years ago with excellent ping, on a freaking dial-up modem!

EA can no doubt deliver better but it cuts into their bottomline so they won't.

Yeah but dont forget how awful the graphics and map quality. Games have much more going on now.

The bfv game does look better but the game play in Bf4 was was a lot better.

I will give up pretty for game play every time.

Honestly, besides Hardline whatever that was, I have always experienced the new Battlefield title to be technologically superior to the previous title. This game plays better than BF4 and BF1 simply because it is more advanced. It's not just a bit more pretty, it really is a leap forward especially from BF4.
    I'm having a really great... actually I'm having an exceptional time playing this game, it's blowing my mind.
    Some of y'all need to get off the negativity train, this game really is incredible.
  • CrashCA
    830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSP confirmed?

Yah, yah. Coming SOON™ Just like Platoons, still waiting.

• Axlerod1
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    have fun on the over hype train then. I will just wait for the train to pull into reality station to see it for myself.

I am curious about this RSP. Does that mean if we do RSP no one will find our server like in BF1? I question everything the EA and DICE does.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

What has changed is the markets, technology and the internet. These three things combined have changed gaming more than any publisher.

Has technology and the internet devolved? I recall playing 10vs10 matches in CS almost 20 years ago with excellent ping, on a freaking dial-up modem!

Yeah but dont forget how awful the graphics and map quality. Games have much more going on now.

Honestly, besides Hardline whatever that was, I have always experienced the new Battlefield title to be technologically superior to the previous title. This game plays better than BF4 and BF1 simply because it is more advanced. It's not just a bit more pretty, it really is a leap forward especially from BF4.
    I'm having a really great... actually I'm having an exceptional time playing this game, it's blowing my mind.
    Some of y'all need to get off the negativity train, this game really is incredible.

You can’t blame anyone here for being negative, especially since EA has disallowed rentable servers.

It appears EA has condoned cheating, racism, abusive and malicious players. These are reasons enough for most of us to be negative.

Go ahead and enjoy the cesspool that’s in BF V. I won’t waste my hard earned money on it.
  • Jaskaman
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

This thread is about the lack of Rentable servers, that should be part of the BF experience since the launch and we have been waiting info about it. Now we are forced to play in Official servers and I have encountered a lot of hatetalk and some cheaters, which should not be part of the BF experience. Community has not been listened ( like with this new TTK change they did without listening community). A lot of guys in our clan/community has BFV with Origin Premier (like me), and we have lost a few members already because of the lack of RSP they stop renewing it and didnt buy the game instead. Also lack of maps and contents (and new map didn't even come with other modes than CQ and these TTK changes does not help with that at all).
  • FluckingNewGuy
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I so agree that we need privately rented servers, i'm a casual player, i don't have time to sit in my mother's basement and rank up all day, i am trying to get into BFV (I played since BF 1942) but it's full of either cheaters or leets, it's no fun at all, we need private or noob servers so normal working people can enjoy playing from time to time. This is becoming Counterstrike
  • HonorguyXNL
    559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IF and at this point that's a big IF, we get RSP. Then it better not be Beta like in BF1. I'm sick and tired of this approach and personally I do not expect RSP at all anymore or when it'll be there to be with even less features than BF1 and that was already way below the minimum.
  • -Antares65z
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Considering that EA didn't invest a lot into their BF1 RSP, not sure why anyone would expect them to do anything differently with it for BF5. If EA was committed to rolling out a robust RSP, they would have had it ready when the game launched and/or would be getting updates and more details about their plans.
  • CrashCA
    830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And some, maybe most, of the communities would be coming back.
  • Axlerod1
    I am glad the rental server system is a thing of the past. If you can not handle the responsibility of managing a server, then you should not be able to rent a server in the first place. BF4 was full of admins abusing their "rights". Just look at the current state of BF4. Admins baiting players with fake numbers of players. Well done EA/DICE.

@Bundesfinanzamt DICE said RSP is "on the roadmap" RSP means "Rental Server Program" so your happy dance about rented servers being "a thing of the past" may be more than a bit premature. BF3's RSP wasn't at launch, BF4's wasn't at launch, BF1's wasn't at launch so I feel comfortable thinking that BF5's is coming down the road as well.

Rented servers are a huge community asset and they allow dedicated happy players to play in an environment tailored to their community's needs. They also allow us to continue to play our favorite legacy Battlefield titles years and sometimes a decade plus after they've sunset official game support. RSP is exactly why those who disliked BF1's game play were able to take refuge in BF4 until BF5 launched instead of those hard built communities evaporating. Rented servers are nothing but a huge boon to the Battlefield player base and if you find one that you don't like you can 1. play only on official DICE servers 2. find another Rented server that has a community and rule set that you like or 3. rent your own server and make the rule. Servers with badmins or horrible or unfair rules don't last long because rented servers are not in quick match one they change default settings so nobody plays on servers with a bad experience.
    It's really nice to know some staff understand the importance of rentable servers.
    Please also understand that people get more frustrated as each day passes, we need it implemented now.

BF3 and BF4 did not launch with RSP because it never had RSP. You could go to select Game Server Providers and rent them. RSP did not start until BF1. All yo could do was name your server for the first 6 months. As far as "fake Numbers" go, admins do not have any thing to do with the player count numbers. Everyone on the internet can go to bf4stats and see how many people are playing the game. This is obviously posted by some new person that has no idea of previous Battlefield games.