Nerfed the Bomber to Death and Airplanes in General. You Crossed the Line

Comments

  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was too much. The Bombers were a Problem but not the Fighters with the exception of the 8x Machine Gun Upgrade of the Spitfire. And now ?
    Especially the german Messerschmidt are a complete Joke. The G-6 is unplayable with Minengeschoss damage reduced by 79% !!!!!!!!!!!!! and only 150 Ammo.
    The 8x upgraded Spitfire still does fine.
    Honestly Dice with the exception of that one Spitfire Upgrade, Planes were fine. But you seem to love destroying your own Game.
  • SirBobdk
    4293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    @Stahlmach wrote
    It was too much. The Bombers were a Problem but not the Fighters with the exception of the 8x Machine Gun Upgrade of the Spitfire.
    Agree + the Stuka. There was no need for that change. Even the Belheim was fine.
    Two planes was a problem. The Spitfire + the JU88 and the the spawnkill at the beginning of the maps.
    It would have been so easy just to do those changes first and then see the result.
    And then DICE ad OP AA + MAA. When do they learn to make small changes at a time and then see the results.
    Instead of 3 problems, we now have way more problems to fix.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ok with increasing reload time for bombers but not by that much. I shouldn't have to fly around the map just waiting for it to reload
  • vcm0x
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.

    What they should've done is make it easier to shoot down instead of nerfing it to hell
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.

    What they should've done is make it easier to shoot down instead of nerfing it to hell

    Adapt, right? Isn't that what u guys always said to people when the complained about op bombers/planes?
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.

    What they should've done is make it easier to shoot down instead of nerfing it to hell

    Adapt, right? Isn't that what u guys always said to people when the complained about op bombers/planes?

    I never said such a thing. When people complained about bombers in BF1, I told them that those bombers were easily shot down. In BFV, bombers are significantly harder to shoot down.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.

    What they should've done is make it easier to shoot down instead of nerfing it to hell

    Adapt, right? Isn't that what u guys always said to people when the complained about op bombers/planes?

    I never said such a thing. When people complained about bombers in BF1, I told them that those bombers were easily shot down. In BFV, bombers are significantly harder to shoot down.

    I meant in general.

    When people complain about something being op, the people who enjoy the benefits respond with things like "git gud" and "just adapt". But when those same people have something nerfed that they like to do [see: snipers, pilots] its the end of the world and "lines are crossed".

    So why don't u guys be better than that and "just adapt"?
  • Jonesy_0_o
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TL;DR

    "Paper is OP! Nerf it! Scissors are fine." -Rock
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can not fly, but killing with a bomber is very easy. Flying is still very easy, stop crying! Balancing is very good now.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    20200sfly wrote: »
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.

    What they should've done is make it easier to shoot down instead of nerfing it to hell

    Adapt, right? Isn't that what u guys always said to people when the complained about op bombers/planes?

    I never said such a thing. When people complained about bombers in BF1, I told them that those bombers were easily shot down. In BFV, bombers are significantly harder to shoot down.

    I meant in general.

    When people complain about something being op, the people who enjoy the benefits respond with things like "git gud" and "just adapt". But when those same people have something nerfed that they like to do [see: snipers, pilots] its the end of the world and "lines are crossed".

    So why don't u guys be better than that and "just adapt"?

    Seriously. Long before the patch pilots on this forum were saying that the JU-88 needs to be nerfed. I actually cannot remember anyone saying "git gud" when people complained about the JU-88. So your comment is at best, a stab in the dark.
    .
    On the other hand adapting may be possible with some planes to a certain extent, but others have completely lost all use. The Spitfire VB for example is now pretty useless. As are in my opinion Stukas, which should be able to precision bomb tanks. But how do you do that with a single 250kg bombg that more offten than not weirdly bounces of tanks to do a whopping 3 damage?
    .
    Contrary to what I have read here from some the spitfire VA and BF109 G-6 are not useless. I can still manage a 25:0 but in 25 minutes and not really having any impact on the ground battle. To have that they need to either be able to target tanks or more than an occasional infantry soldier. And perhaps also throw flares, but those you can't have anymore if you want the bombs. Right now fighters play out their own little side battle in the air. And that is just stupid.
    .
    And like it or not. THe recent nerf to all planes is, to my recollection, the most heavy handed single nerf to any weapon, class or vehicle in the history of battlefield. The Sitfire VA for example lost 65% of its ammunition, while the BF109 lost 79% of the Minengeschoss ammunition, which was also nerfed in relation to general damage and splash damage.
  • Hawxxeye
    6394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TheSacar wrote: »
    .
    Contrary to what I have read here from some the spitfire VA and BF109 G-6 are not useless. I can still manage a 25:0 but in 25 minutes and not really having any impact on the ground battle. To have that they need to either be able to target tanks or more than an occasional infantry soldier. And perhaps also throw flares, but those you can't have anymore if you want the bombs. Right now fighters play out their own little side battle in the air. And that is just stupid.
    .
    And like it or not. THe recent nerf to all planes is, to my recollection, the most heavy handed single nerf to any weapon, class or vehicle in the history of battlefield. The Spitfire VA for example lost 65% of its ammunition, while the BF109 lost 79% of the Minengeschoss ammunition, which was also nerfed in relation to general damage and splash damage.
    The german fighters are in fact still overpowered vs bombers as they can use their airburst rockets to 2hk any bomber with no chances for the allied bomber to ever damage them back enough in time.

    The asymmetrical vehicle (im)balance can go rot as far as I am concerned
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • hawk79_360
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    before, i used to die 3-5x from a bomber every round that has planes.

    since the patch, i've died to a bomber exactly once (my last round)!

    i like this change. bombers shouldn't be able to very easily get 50+ kills a round.

    What they should've done is make it easier to shoot down instead of nerfing it to hell

    Adapt, right? Isn't that what u guys always said to people when the complained about op bombers/planes?

    I never said such a thing. When people complained about bombers in BF1, I told them that those bombers were easily shot down. In BFV, bombers are significantly harder to shoot down.

    I meant in general.

    When people complain about something being op, the people who enjoy the benefits respond with things like "git gud" and "just adapt". But when those same people have something nerfed that they like to do [see: snipers, pilots] its the end of the world and "lines are crossed".

    So why don't u guys be better than that and "just adapt"?

    Seriously. Long before the patch pilots on this forum were saying that the JU-88 needs to be nerfed. I actually cannot remember anyone saying "git gud" when people complained about the JU-88. So your comment is at best, a stab in the dark.
    .
    On the other hand adapting may be possible with some planes to a certain extent, but others have completely lost all use. The Spitfire VB for example is now pretty useless. As are in my opinion Stukas, which should be able to precision bomb tanks. But how do you do that with a single 250kg bombg that more offten than not weirdly bounces of tanks to do a whopping 3 damage?
    .
    Contrary to what I have read here from some the spitfire VA and BF109 G-6 are not useless. I can still manage a 25:0 but in 25 minutes and not really having any impact on the ground battle. To have that they need to either be able to target tanks or more than an occasional infantry soldier. And perhaps also throw flares, but those you can't have anymore if you want the bombs. Right now fighters play out their own little side battle in the air. And that is just stupid.
    .
    And like it or not. THe recent nerf to all planes is, to my recollection, the most heavy handed single nerf to any weapon, class or vehicle in the history of battlefield. The Sitfire VA for example lost 65% of its ammunition, while the BF109 lost 79% of the Minengeschoss ammunition, which was also nerfed in relation to general damage and splash damage.

    Voice of wisdom you are TheSacar, yes. Take sith infantry down we shall. B)B)B)
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    .
    Contrary to what I have read here from some the spitfire VA and BF109 G-6 are not useless. I can still manage a 25:0 but in 25 minutes and not really having any impact on the ground battle. To have that they need to either be able to target tanks or more than an occasional infantry soldier. And perhaps also throw flares, but those you can't have anymore if you want the bombs. Right now fighters play out their own little side battle in the air. And that is just stupid.
    .
    And like it or not. THe recent nerf to all planes is, to my recollection, the most heavy handed single nerf to any weapon, class or vehicle in the history of battlefield. The Spitfire VA for example lost 65% of its ammunition, while the BF109 lost 79% of the Minengeschoss ammunition, which was also nerfed in relation to general damage and splash damage.
    The german fighters are in fact still overpowered vs bombers as they can use their airburst rockets to 2hk any bomber with no chances for the allied bomber to ever damage them back enough in time.

    The asymmetrical vehicle (im)balance can go rot as far as I am concerned

    Yeah, those rockets really should not do more than 30 damage for a perfect hit. They are however great to stick it to the seat switchers :smile: reminds me of the days when you could just drop trench darts on seat switcher's planes to take them out :smiley:
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Again where is a DEV ??? Why can’t they come to the forums and say they
    screwed up with there last patch... We over did it with the Air nerfing our bad we will fix in next update💩💩🤬

    Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Masher8559
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The JU-88 was just way too good at release. However instead of making some tweaks until we hit a sweet spot DICE go and nerf planes across the board, add reload times, buff AA, reduce payload and of course whilst it brings the JU-88 down, it also hit other planes that were completely fine such as Stuka real hard.

    Bombing the spawn was disgusting and needed to be removed, i admit i did it a few times its very satisfying seeing 15 kills come up at round start but as infantry it was infuriating and just bad game design.
  • Hawxxeye
    6394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    .
    Contrary to what I have read here from some the spitfire VA and BF109 G-6 are not useless. I can still manage a 25:0 but in 25 minutes and not really having any impact on the ground battle. To have that they need to either be able to target tanks or more than an occasional infantry soldier. And perhaps also throw flares, but those you can't have anymore if you want the bombs. Right now fighters play out their own little side battle in the air. And that is just stupid.
    .
    And like it or not. THe recent nerf to all planes is, to my recollection, the most heavy handed single nerf to any weapon, class or vehicle in the history of battlefield. The Spitfire VA for example lost 65% of its ammunition, while the BF109 lost 79% of the Minengeschoss ammunition, which was also nerfed in relation to general damage and splash damage.
    The german fighters are in fact still overpowered vs bombers as they can use their airburst rockets to 2hk any bomber with no chances for the allied bomber to ever damage them back enough in time.

    The asymmetrical vehicle (im)balance can go rot as far as I am concerned

    Yeah, those rockets really should not do more than 30 damage for a perfect hit. They are however great to stick it to the seat switchers :smile: reminds me of the days when you could just drop trench darts on seat switcher's planes to take them out :smiley:

    Why do the seat switchers get so much grief? We're they supposed to just stay in the pilot seat and let the fighter have his way with them? The bomber almost never gets fighter or aa support from its team or even a gunner and often the gunner does a poor job.
    .
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is the real devs were moved to the next project. What we see now is things being done by AI and interns.
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jonesy_0_o wrote: »
    TL;DR

    "Paper is OP! Nerf it! Scissors are fine." -Rock

    nailed it!
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the general comment in this thread: "the JU88 was way to OP!"

    In an extent I agree, but;
    whenever I jumped into my spitfire with 8x, those JU88's dropped like flies. (rock, Scissors, paper)

    Some1 wrote in this topic;
    "Worst nightmare for infantry should be tanks, worst nightmare for tanks should be planes" < this summarize the whole Battlefield History.
    thats a good statement when you come to think about it.

    I bet, as I wrote weeks ago, if DICE removed the 3D person aiming rectacle (that circel on the ground)
    then 99 out of 100 Pilots would miss most of the bombs.
    once you start missing your bombs, it doesn't matter how powerfull the bombs are..
    = skill based gameplay.

    Imo DICE went completly wrong with the last patch.
Sign In or Register to comment.