This Week in Battlefield V

Please, No PC<->Console Cross-Play

124»

Comments

• LinkZeppeloyd
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I would love to see this happen so long as it wouldn't compromise the PC environment with restrictions and accommodations.

We’re already compromised by accommodations and restrictions and have been since BF3. It’s built into tha game’s dna. Might as well get the benefit, a population that’s at least 400% bigger.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    I play both and you just don't want to mix consoles into PC. I'm sorry, but most console players are not there for hardcore frags. Most still play on TV's with overscan (I see this issue with PUBG xbox Players). Unless M&K was with BF5 on consoles, i don't see this working. As a plus to consoles, if there was cheating, you simply don't want it on consoles.

The input latency of just using the devices these consoles have is crazy bad, i would love for a push for M&K on consoles though.

Pc players are just as trash as console players. The only big issue might be how things run and keyboard mouse vs controller. Shouldnt happen.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can forget it. Whichever console maker is dominant makes a ton of money from the subscriptions people pay each month to play online, and their market dominance attracts more people to that console because there's a bigger playerbase. Plus there's surely license fees the game makers have to pay the console makers for being allowed onto their platform. Why would Sony and Microsoft risk this lucrative business model by allowing PC players to bypass all that?

In the words of Morpheus, "they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys."

Sorry guys, but with console player counts being several times bigger than PC, it's not going to happen.
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d love to kill me some pc gamers! (Assuming they have enough time to play after spending most their time fixing whatever hardware/software glitch is breaking their system at the moment)
  • The_BERG_366
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Its most likely not going to happen with current gen consoles. Reason is PC servers run at 60Hz while Console servers run at 30Hz.

Conquest and Op servers run at 30hz whilst everything else runs at 60hz. What's not to say bfv will have 60hz conquest for console on launch?

Where is logic in that? Yes gamemodes with small player counts run at 60, but main modes run at 30, and even at 30Hz consoles can't keep with with noticeable FPS drops in intense moments. And what makes you think that game more technologically advanced than BF1 with better physics/graphics etc will all of a sudden run at 60hz all across the board? Don't you think it doesn't make sense?

what noticeable fps drops? you should maybe actually try a ps4 pro or xbox 1 scorpio before u judge. also if there are fps drops on the standard consoles its because of the large gamemode, not the 30 hz. so saying "even at 30hz console can't keep up" is misleading.
  • BCC-GK1llA913
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Everybody knows the Battlefield console players are better than PC players. FACTS!!!
  • 909EagleTwoThree
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gpkgpk wrote: »
    Please, do NOT add PC-Console cross-play. There is already way too much consolitis infecting PC games, we don't need more.

It would also be great if aim-assist on PC was removed, and balancing things differently on the PC and consoles (due to controller and aim assist) would be a very good thing.

I agree about "consolitis", but I think the solution is to allow mouse/kb on console, and let EVERYONE play together.
    On console and don't want to buy a mouse/kb? Tough. I've heard for years console folks shouting PC players should stop whining about console controls on the PC version. Well, shoe's on the other foot now. Allow mouse/kb on console and the console crowd can "deal with it".
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    gpkgpk wrote: »
    Please, do NOT add PC-Console cross-play. There is already way too much consolitis infecting PC games, we don't need more.

It would also be great if aim-assist on PC was removed, and balancing things differently on the PC and consoles (due to controller and aim assist) would be a very good thing.

I agree about "consolitis", but I think the solution is to allow mouse/kb on console, and let EVERYONE play together.
    On console and don't want to buy a mouse/kb? Tough. I've heard for years console folks shouting PC players should stop whining about console controls on the PC version. Well, shoe's on the other foot now. Allow mouse/kb on console and the console crowd can "deal with it".

I like your/this attitude.

Though there's merits to keeping the PC and Console-versions separate; merits that go away when companies like DICE/EA won't let people mod Servers/host-modded-servers/etc.

I guess my point is, indeed the shoe is on the other foot.. kind of feels nice actually.
  • 8hdxkksy2qfm
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play battlefield v and it's hard for me to use controller on ps4 becouse I'm new player but still sometimes I do good how you think I'll do against someone using keyboard and mouse I'll be dead it's not fair they have better control in the game and of course in aiming so I think in my opinion do it no problem but give us the option to choose if we want to play with same control for other player or not because we don't have the option to use keyboard and mouse I think that's the best way to do it
  • zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Never happening. What does it even achieve anyway ?
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the OP. I want the PC master-race to stay on their side and we console converts will stay on ours. My side has no aimbots, xray hacks, etc. I love it over here.

Let's just all keep our fingers crossed that this doesn't happen.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This will never happen, not in a million years.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have switched from PC to PS4 because of issues with software/hardware, and hacks. But I still can't get the hang of controllers.

Would love it if K&M were native to Consoles. I'm sure many more PC users would switch over if it happened.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have switched from PC to PS4 because of issues with software/hardware, and hacks. But I still can't get the hang of controllers.

Would love it if K&M were native to Consoles. I'm sure many more PC users would switch over if it happened.

Possibly but I bet you they split the player base and only allow K&M to play each other and not controller players.