Connections seem unfair

r3f1cul666
29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Seriously this is the worst feeling BF game ive ever played... im a monster at all other BF games and this one just poops on me, i lose gunfights where i land every bullet to weaker guns from good distance and i die in less than what feels like a millisecond to guns that cant even possibly kill that fast... it feels very cod like and i mean that in the worst way possible. is this just me? like what the world is going on? am i missing some setting in the plethora of options or something?

Comments

• slappyJmarsden
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I also have this feeling with BF5...I feel like spray and pray is a viable strategy and it's like enemy bullets follow you. The aim-assist is too strong and should be dialed back, BUT the devs made the game this way so newbie and casual players can get kills.
    I'd like to see a hardcore mode with NO aim assist.
    Aim assist becomes very apparent when you are in a room full of enemies, especially when you have aim on an enemy and he goes behind a wall, the auto aim still tries to lock on to him.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    r3f1cul666 wrote: »
    Seriously this is the worst feeling BF game ive ever played... im a monster at all other BF games and this one just poops on me, i lose gunfights where i land every bullet to weaker guns from good distance and i die in less than what feels like a millisecond to guns that cant even possibly kill that fast... it feels very cod like and i mean that in the worst way possible. is this just me? like what the world is going on? am i missing some setting in the plethora of options or something?

You do know auto rotation (aka aim bot) has been removed from V?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been in 3 threads the last 10 minutes where someone compared something with this game to cod. All you people doing that please go play blops 4 and then play bfv and tell me there is any likeness other than being first person arcade shooters.

I've noticed a trend, player "X" gets rekt and then comes here and says it's like cod. Lol.
  • EmberQV
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They never gonna fix a netcode issues...
  • r3f1cul666
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its not even the aim some lobbies/games even with the same ping its like im playing a second behind, i literally die before i have any indication ive even taken damage from weapons that arent that great ...
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Classic shoot first and die :p
  • TylerKA24DET
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I've been in 3 threads the last 10 minutes where someone compared something with this game to cod. All you people doing that please go play blops 4 and then play bfv and tell me there is any likeness other than being first person arcade shooters.

I've noticed a trend, player "X" gets rekt and then comes here and says it's like cod. Lol.

As someone who has been playing BF for well over a decade, this game does feel more like COD than any other in the series. Mostly due to the minimal bullet drop we are used to, and the extremely responsive gun play. Reaction time compared to tactics are completely opposite in BFV compared to previous titles. I usually go 20+kills and just a few deaths too, so it's not the obeservation of a salty loser.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Play with Sniper. Aim Bot is very much still in the game.
  • r3f1cul666

As someone who has been playing BF for well over a decade, this game does feel more like COD than any other in the series. Mostly due to the minimal bullet drop we are used to, and the extremely responsive gun play. Reaction time compared to tactics are completely opposite in BFV compared to previous titles. I usually go 20+kills and just a few deaths too, so it's not the obeservation of a salty loser.

exactly i have a 3.12 kd at the moment and it just feels like i get robbed in gunfights and insta die all the time... its rare for me not to be top 3 on my team
  • Cactus757
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SJW Dice rewards poor quality internet. Shoot first, die first.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What's a few to you? Cause bf tracker says other wise about your statement..

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Tylerka24det/overview

The game is not cod and doesn't feel like cod and you don't consistently have 20+ kills and only a couple of deaths
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The main factors here are favour the shooter and forgiving hit boxes, maybe some serious aimbotters here and there.

Please stop comparing it to CoD, i actually enjoyed BO4 and the games are nothing a like in any way.

• 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I know it's a put down on this forum to tell someone to play cod or to say the game is like cod, but this game is nothing like cod. Biggest difference, cod isnt chalked full of snipers and half the team prone with an LMG and bipod.

I know, I know, it's not "camping", it's being "tactical". Call it what u want but I have two teenage sons and they can't stand bfv. They say it is too campy and just a bunch of people laying in bushes taking pot shots at you. They play cod over this game every time.

Your response is of course "good riddance". That's fine, but if u wonder why sales are so bad and player base is so low, that's why. Teenagers are a huge market segment for video games and they don't want to play this camp fest.
  • HardAimedKid
    20200sfly wrote: »

I know it's a put down on this forum to tell someone to play cod or to say the game is like cod, but this game is nothing like cod. Biggest difference, cod isnt chalked full of snipers and half the team prone with an LMG and bipod.

I know, I know, it's not "camping", it's being "tactical". Call it what u want but I have two teenage sons and they can't stand bfv. They say it is too campy and just a bunch of people laying in bushes taking pot shots at you. They play cod over this game every time.

Your response is of course "good riddance". That's fine, but if u wonder why sales are so bad and player base is so low, that's why. Teenagers are a huge market segment for video games and they don't want to play this camp fest.

So one guy says it's cod and another guy says camp fest? All I ever see people talk about in regards to cod here is the twitchy run n gun nature and no skill hitscan weapons etc etc. Now I'm seeing camping being talked about with teenagers when national studies show that the average age of true gamers is around 30. So most likely on bf it's a peer hiding in a bush not a kid
  • Buzzkill66
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same as in BF1. Ever time I die it seems like i’m One shot by any weapon...no time to react.
  • 20200sfly

So one guy says it's cod and another guy says camp fest? All I ever see people talk about in regards to cod here is the twitchy run n gun nature and no skill hitscan weapons etc etc. Now I'm seeing camping being talked about with teenagers when national studies show that the average age of true gamers is around 30. So most likely on bf it's a peer hiding in a bush not a kid

I don't know. But I'd like to ask about the average age of "true" gamers being around 30. What is a "true" gamer?

I can tell u that my kids and their friends play way more video games than I did at 30 or anybody I know who is 30. And they would much rather play fortnite or cod.

Battlefield is too campy. In fortnite, if some gets your back or snipes at you, u can build. And in cod, the maps are too small and the game moves too fast to camp. In blackout there is camping, and they hate it.

Getting shot by guys laying down across the map that u can't even see sucks. Obviously. So they'd rather play something else.
  • HardAimedKid

I don't know. But I'd like to ask about the average age of "true" gamers being around 30. What is a "true" gamer?

I can tell u that my kids and their friends play way more video games than I did at 30 or anybody I know who is 30. And they would much rather play fortnite or cod.

Battlefield is too campy. In fortnite, if some gets your back or snipes at you, u can build. And in cod, the maps are too small and the game moves too fast to camp. In blackout there is camping, and they hate it.

Getting shot by guys laying down across the map that u can't even see sucks. Obviously. So they'd rather play something else.

True was just my wording lol and once again most likely a peer is shooting you from a bush.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/189582/age-of-us-video-game-players-since-2010/

This is kind of neat though.
  • 20200sfly

True was just my wording lol and once again most likely a peer is shooting you from a bush.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/189582/age-of-us-video-game-players-since-2010/

This is kind of neat though.

That is interesting.

I can tell u that, if my kids and their friends are any indication, the 28% of gamers that are under 18 are not playing battlefield.

My older son is 15 and he played it for a while, but he eventually got tired of getting shot by players he can't even see. He is very good and wants the chance to gun fight. When most his deaths are snipers laying down on the other side of the map he feels like what's the point?
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It's still there
  • HardAimedKid
    78-Myers wrote: »

It's still there

Auto rotation is just in campaign and shooting range or whatever it's called. Slowdown is all that's left in multiplayer.