Mouse & Keyboard support on Xbox 1

The_Mousez1
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
With the release of KBM support on Xbox by Microsoft, and the incoming KBM release of Razor & Xbox. Is there a timeframe or anything as to when or if it will be implemented?

I'm currently using a cronus for KBM use, and would like to swap to native only support. I cannot use a controller due to a motocross accident that caused nerve damage (limited movement to several fingers) & partial numbness to my hand.

I'd really like to just plug & play rather than deal with the wires, hassle, computer, etc.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not anytime soon. But being around mnk on console for years I can tell you it's coming. Atleast 2 years though. Stick to cronus or get a Xim you'll need them for a while longer.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    mnk on console should be banned or at the least prohibited in server settings

No.
  • The_Mousez1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Seeing as how Microsoft just released full KBM support for xbox, i don't think so. As well as the fact xbox has teamed up with Razor to create a KBM set, it's here to stay.
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M&K for consoles will just be another step to ruining console play.
  • The_Mousez1
    Not anytime soon. But being around mnk on console for years I can tell you it's coming. Atleast 2 years though. Stick to cronus or get a Xim you'll need them for a while longer.

Dang. With the way it was phrased on Facebook in a pist, it sounded like it was coming sooner.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This should never be a thing. Not with 3rd party adapters, not officially supported by Microsoft/Sony.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s up to devs if they want kb/m support in there games.
    As long as there are separate lobbies I welcome it.
  • LgTmR
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People don't understand that MnK on consoles are not really as accurate as on PC.

Not to mention that aim assist is really a HUGE asset for controllers which basically makes some weapons almost an aimbot,while it's broken for MnK.
  • Beukiiie
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

correction. you mean improving console play
  • Popa2caps
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have you ever used a mouse & keyboard yourself?
    Consoles are at their highest peak, it has ever been. Gaining a new device will just add to the community.
    Un-limiting console players from devices like controllers could make some real gamers. Also, PC players
    could jump to the system if they add mouse and keyboard.

It would be a massive win for the community, a new device that doesn't fail after 4+ months of hard use
    ,who doesn't want that? I like controllers, but i really wish i had the access to learn how to use a mouse
    & keyboard in most games like Battlefield on consoles. I just can't learn on PC, with the massive cheating.
    I still can't see how it's fair to those on controllers. if Console makers are now allowing compatibility with MnK, then we should at least be able to choose MnK Free servers / maps in BF, otherwise it's just not fair

Consoles stopped being balanced the moment they allowed the Xbox One X / PS4 Pro to play on the same servers with 2013 hardware. Mouse & Keyboard are hard to use, the issues right now are people that are using mouse & keyboard without support from the devs, are using third party software that allows them to use extra scripts. These scripts are the main reason people think mouse & keyboard players are so good on consoles. Don't forget that consoles also have aim assist.

So to a player using a third party program with extra scripts to reduce recoil with aim assist from the game, yes, that is bad and needs to stop. A player who hooks up a mouse & keyboard directly with no scripts, that's the way it should be. I have played most if not all games with a controller, Mouse & keyboard take a long time to learn, like very long.

Mouse and keyboard support should be turned on for Battlefield from Dice. Name the server "Mouse & keyboard support On" are something and see how people take it. The main issues comes up with the third party devices with scripts and what not. Those are my first issue, that should be dealt with fast from Dice.

Dice should just directly support this, and somehow stop the third party people, easy.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Have you ever used a mouse & keyboard yourself?
    Consoles are at their highest peak, it has ever been. Gaining a new device will just add to the community.
    Un-limiting console players from devices like controllers could make some real gamers. Also, PC players
    could jump to the system if they add mouse and keyboard.

It would be a massive win for the community, a new device that doesn't fail after 4+ months of hard use
    ,who doesn't want that? I like controllers, but i really wish i had the access to learn how to use a mouse
    & keyboard in most games like Battlefield on consoles. I just can't learn on PC, with the massive cheating.
    I still can't see how it's fair to those on controllers. if Console makers are now allowing compatibility with MnK, then we should at least be able to choose MnK Free servers / maps in BF, otherwise it's just not fair

Consoles stopped being balanced the moment they allowed the Xbox One X / PS4 Pro to play on the same servers with 2013 hardware. Mouse & Keyboard are hard to use, the issues right now are people that are using mouse & keyboard without support from the devs, are using third party software that allows them to use extra scripts. These scripts are the main reason people think mouse & keyboard players are so good on consoles. Don't forget that consoles also have aim assist.

So to a player using a third party program with extra scripts to reduce recoil with aim assist from the game, yes, that is bad and needs to stop. A player who hooks up a mouse & keyboard directly with no scripts, that's the way it should be. I have played most if not all games with a controller, Mouse & keyboard take a long time to learn, like very long.

Mouse and keyboard support should be turned on for Battlefield from Dice. Name the server "Mouse & keyboard support On" are something and see how people take it. The main issues comes up with the third party devices with scripts and what not. Those are my first issue, that should be dealt with fast from Dice.

Dice should just directly support this, and somehow stop the third party people, easy.

so why put yourself through all of this trouble, i don't understand? why not just play on a PC is you prefer MnK. i mean i see no use in using a product that would handicap you on a system that has no support for such a product. it sounds counter intuitive.
  • The_Mousez1
    [
    so why put yourself through all of this trouble, i don't understand? why not just play on a PC is you prefer MnK. i mean i see no use in using a product that would handicap you on a system that has no support for such a product. it sounds counter intuitive.

Pc has hackers, player base drops off rapidly. But the main thing?

I bought a xb 1 S for $250 when my day 1 edition died. It will play every xbox 1 game from initial release to end of xbox 1 product line.

How does that work for pc? Can an 8 year old PC play latest games without issue? How about that same pc in another 8 years?

If you would like me to go play on pc, feel free to purchase me a top of the line pc. Until then though. I'll be on xbox, as i've been since day 1 xb1 release.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [

I bought a xb 1 S for $250 when my day 1 edition died. It will play every xbox 1 game from initial release to end of xbox 1 product line.

How does that work for pc? Can an 8 year old PC play latest games without issue? How about that same pc in another 8 years?

If you would like me to go play on pc, feel free to purchase me a top of the line pc. Until then though. I'll be on xbox, as i've been since day 1 xb1 release.

that's not what I said, my question was why use MnK on a product that has no support for it..you bought an Xbox, so why not use a controller ?
  • Jonesy_0_o
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A console is in reality just a middle of the road PC with a proprietary operating system. This "console vs PC" thing is an antiquated and pretty much wrong idea.

We're all playing on PC, half of us are just limited to the type of input device we can use. Allowing KBM will bring the community together in a way that hasn't before been possible.

At the end of the day, it boils down to user preference. And the more options available to everyone equates to more players. Which is good for business, and good for gamers.
  • The_Mousez1
    [

that's not what I said, my question was why use MnK on a product that has no support for it..you bought an Xbox, so why not use a controller ?

If you read my entire original post, you would know why I can't use a controller.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the release of KBM support on Xbox by Microsoft, and the incoming KBM release of Razor & Xbox. Is there a timeframe or anything as to when or if it will be implemented?

I'm currently using a cronus for KBM use, and would like to swap to native only support. I cannot use a controller due to a motocross accident that caused nerve damage (limited movement to several fingers) & partial numbness to my hand.

I'd really like to just plug & play rather than deal with the wires, hassle, computer, etc.
    You would be matched against PC players though, is that what you want?
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sometime I just have to 555 at some comments of these threads as they believe they can stop what already exist.

DICE has stated
    BF1 - console has access to keyboards/pads this allows usage of default keybinds.
    BFV - has this too

At the time of that tweet there was no plan to add mouse support. If you want Mouse then you still needed to use a XIM like product.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Please explain. Because I also have limited movement with my fingers since birth. Using - WASD for movement for me in a MP game is useless. Not to mention all the other keys. A KB requires more fingers than the left side of a controller. Granted the mouse is easier for the right side(aiming and firing). But overall I don’t see how it would be easier for you if you have limited movement in your fingers. I don’t doubt you, I’m just trying to understand your situation. If I had to use a KB&M to play I would not game at all.