TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

BaronVonGoon
7061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Sounds like ttk 2.0 is a return to slower ttk. See the announcement in the thread below because its not very clearly worded. My interpretation is:

-The current TTK is going to be the Alpha Hardcore ttk named 'Battlefield Core' and it will no longer be the default server rotation.

-The new ttk will become the default server rotation.

I don't like the sound of that. Sounds like they're banishing the current TTK -- which the community has clearly favoured -- to a hardcore mode. Hope this new ttk isn't BF1.

I thought they clearly admitted in a previous blog post that they realized the community overwhelmingly favoured the current TTK. Now it's being banished to hardcore and normal mode will be marshmallow shooters again ala BF1. Dice please.

Mitre's vague thread:
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/169901/battlefield-v-ttk-changes-are-rolling-out-tomorrow#latest
Post edited by BaronVonGoon on

Comments

• IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it’s any faster it’s a big now from me, I think it’s already a little on the quick side. I they make it clear which server is running which TTK if that’s how there doing it.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least in bf1 we got to test the ttk2.0 for awhile in the test servers before going live. Now your telling me they did a complete overhaul in less than a month of a mechanic the game should have been designed around from the beginning.
  • BewBewKittyFck
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just separate softcore and hardcore again. This softcore with lower TTK is **** for players that want a true hardcore mode.
  • moose004
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is that they're increasing it at least slightly, because the "Conquest Core" servers he mentioned were the ones that, it was implied, will be the start of a "Hardcore" experience.

My question is, why did this game not have a set of test servers ready to test stuff like this, as BF4 and BF1 did? This is the perfect kind of thing to get dropped on community test servers for a week or two before wide release.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2 fast ttks would be delicious. Here's hoping...
  • BewBewKittyFck
    Its a **** ride.
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I am excited. I hope I'll love the changes but I am also ready to absolutely hate them. Lets see what they'll break this time! /s
  • TheDuckSRB
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like this TTK if tommorow new sucks , i stoping playing this game.
  • BiohaZd
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Slowing TTk is probably needed to slow the TTD due to poor netcode and how you see damage. thats really sad if the 2 are soo closely tied. They need to just fix TTD only !!
    Post edited by BiohaZd on
  • BewBewKittyFck
    They keep **** over the hardcore community. TTK 1.0 is not hardcore at all.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    moose004 wrote: »
    My guess is that they're increasing it at least slightly, because the "Conquest Core" servers he mentioned were the ones that, it was implied, will be the start of a "Hardcore" experience.

My question is, why did this game not have a set of test servers ready to test stuff like this, as BF4 and BF1 did? This is the perfect kind of thing to get dropped on community test servers for a week or two before wide release.

I think that you are right in that they will be raising the TTK, being as low as it is already I don't see them lowering it except for hardcore.

First the "conquest core" servers will have the current TTK so you can compare between the two, and I think right now it kinda is the test server. Then later in time they will become the hardcore servers. However, I'm not sure how hardcore they'll be with the current TTK seeing as a few people around here think the game isn't hardcore enough.

Edit; Damn, 11 people posted while I wrote that.

I think the TTK could be raised just a little, more so for specific guns than across the board. But overall the TTK is pretty good where it's at, I think a TTD fix will solve a lot of issues.
  • ParadiseFrost
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    He also refers to "the new playlist" being for players who prefer the current TTK 1.0, and that it will be the new "Hardcore experience". So clearly the new TTK changes are going to increase the TTK, not lower it.

I think you've got it backwards - the "New Playlist" is the Conquest Core list with TTK 1.0, and THAT's what will become the new "Hardcore experience".
    If the old system is becoming "hardcore", that means that they're making TTK SLOWER in the base/regular game, not faster.
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    A higher TTK is going to improve the aggressive recon game quite a bit. Oh boy, prepare for the tears boys and girls.
This discussion has been closed.