TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    "We also recognize that a highly engaged portion of our community prefers the current damage model as it is. To account for this, we have set up a new server playlist called “Conquest Core”,
    Please use this new playlist when comparing the two models as your feedback on both is instrumental in helping us improve Battlefield V’s gameplay experience. Additionally, this new playlist will evolve over time and is the first step toward a traditional Battlefield “Hardcore” experience."

This new “Conquest Core” playlist don't need to "evolve"..
    Leave it alone, Sure it will split up the playerbase a bit.. But you guys never cared about that before with premium so just leave it alone.That way players can choose for themselves if they want to play with the "old TTK" or not.
  • BewBewKittyFck
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The current TTK is not a step towards a "hardcore" experience, it was a failed attempt at keeping playerbase in one mode.
  • NeoNoScope
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper buff is needed- one or more of the following:
    -Increase base damage from 50 to 60 on weaker bolts, 60 to 70 on stronger
    -Remove glint from 3x scope to balance against the 6x and the other classes 3x
    -Reduce glint overall by about 50% as its impossible to see enemies 'heads' within the bright glare, actually deterimental to the cause of been able to return fire
  • Getier
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope we will see less proneheroes after the ttk changes.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    I'm so excited

I like to think "highly engaged portion of our community" is code word for vocal minority. If not, then why even make changes to the TTK. Clearly the majority of player are not happy with the current TTK 1.0.

Well that's some awesome statistical analysis there. I mean the 1000+ vote survey Sirland posted which clearly showed 65% of the community favoured the current TTK is garbage. We'll just throw it out the window Oskool has given something much more analytical.
  • BewBewKittyFck
    Getier wrote: »

It will make recon clase useless unless they re balance the bolt action damage models in the new TTK. Recon is already fairly weak class with the current TTK.
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just separate softcore and hardcore again. This softcore with lower TTK is **** for players that want a true hardcore mode.

@BewBewKittyFck I agree however please refrain from using profanity here on the forums.
  • Getier
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getier wrote: »

It will make recon clase useless unless they re balance the bolt action damage models in the new TTK. Recon is already fairly weak class with the current TTK.

If bolt actions and semi autos still kill with 2 hits and full auto weapon ttk gets increased, then it would be a buff to recon.
    But I agree that bolt actions are weak atm.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When asked about the details of the changes in the bfv ttk post on twitter, Dan Mitre responded:
    "Not at the moment. Dive into the two environments first and let us know how it feels, then we'll follow up with details article."

They're keeping what changes they're making a secret, a blind test. Don't know if TTK will go up or down.

But it would be hilarious if they troll and don't change TTK at all and see people say "TTK 2.0 bad, TTK 1.0 perfect"
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Current TTK will be first step to hardcore" Current TTK isnt close to HC.

Moving the currently favored TTK to a single game mode is backwards too. If the community favors the current model, why arent your testing the new model in a single mode (since you dont have CTE these days)? Further, relegating the "new HC style mode" ie: current standard TTK model, to a single mode is stupid in itself, even if its for a limited time. If there were HC servers from the get go, like there should have been, this would be less of an issue.

I hope this doesnt end up being comparable to BF1's TTK 1.0. I'll give it a shot, but im losing what little faith I have left in Dice even faster as we get these scrambled and half baked adjustments.

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Current TTK will be first step to hardcore" Current TTK isnt close to HC.

Moving the currently favored TTK to a single game mode is backwards too. If the community favors the current model, why arent your testing the new model in a single mode (since you dont have CTE these days)? Further, relegating the "new HC style mode" ie: current standard TTK model, to a single mode is stupid in itself, even if its for a limited time. If there were HC servers from the get go, like there should have been, this would be less of an issue.

I hope this doesnt end up being comparable to BF1's TTK 1.0. I'll give it a shot, but im losing what little faith I have left in Dice even faster as we get these scrambled and half baked adjustments.

I doubt it will come close to BF1 ttk 1.0.
  • BewBewKittyFck
    While we are at it, can we get some jetpacks and wall running?
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BiohaZd wrote: »
    Slowing TTk is probably needed to slow the TTD did to poor netcode and how you see dense. thats really sad if the 2 are soo closely tied. They need to just fix TTD only !!

They probably dont know how, or cant at the moment. They already statetd previously they aren't sure how to address the TTD netcode issue. That was weeks ago, so im under the impression they havent made much progress on that front. This is their knee-jerk solution to a problem they created. And they'll probably make the game worse off in doing so.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gosh, i reslly like the ttk.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really hate going back to a slow ttk.
This discussion has been closed.