Health Crate: Heal teammates for 400 health points by deploying Medical Crates is Bad [edited by mod

2

Comments

  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Shortcut to the medic box assignmnet:

    >Find a friend willing to help
    >Have him spawn as support with ammo box and the AP mine.
    >Leave your medic box to a safe distance.
    >Have him set up one AP mine and shoot it in order to suffer guaranteed sub lethal damage.
    >Each time he should go heal with your box and then go back to his box to get a new AP mine.
    >All this terrible assignment should be done in less than 10 minutes.

    Some might call this boosting but imho, it is DICE's fault for making the medic boxes so undesirable and clunky to use. It was the booze prohibition that gave rise to the booze black market.
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love seeing theses crates on the ground personally. Very useful. They would be even better if they showed on the minimap.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018


    Good thing you don't need to complete those with regards to tides of war to get the gun, so i guess that is a plus
  • fredtzn666
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The med crate should have a proximity heal to it for maybe 200 hp and then self destruct, and put it on a cooldown of at least 15 seconds so it isn't spammed.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hycor wrote: »
    Explain cancer ...you ****????

    I sure hope you will feel the pain someday
    ****

    Comparing a videogame to cancer is totally inappropriate, it seems to happen all the time in the in game chat too. What is wrong with you?
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    I absolutely cannot stand when people use the "C" word in relation to a video game.

    Grow up!

    Calm down, its a common internet synonym for things that are very bad. My mother just survived cancer and I am prone to get cancer as I get older because I have much cancer in my family tree. But I dont get upset when some is using the word cancer to describe something that is very bad.

    The medical crate assignment is cancer, in fact much in this game is cancer right now: the bugs, the nerfed planes, tides of war holding content for weeks, etc.
    But it is still a fun game and I like it, despite some things being cancer.

    And for those who haven't survived?
    Those who use this life destroying illness to describe a video game have clearly not grown up or indeed not lost a loved one.
    Would you still use the term if your Mother lost her battle?
    I don't think so
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crates should be buffed... at least they shoud appear on minimap.
  • D4RTS
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t mind the new crate system. It works like the med station or air drops. You walk up to it and grab what you need vs the prior unrealistic mysterious auto heal when you are in the vicinity. Makes choke points a little bit more difficult to survive rather than just lying there with your MMG and getting auto healed. The bug of them falling through floors is annoying and will surely get fixed. But you can still put them on solid ground.
    It didn’t take me 10 rounds, but even it it did, I don’t mind challenging assignments.
  • Thee_Pwanage
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this challenge took me 3 days to complete. I wanted to complete them all, I didn't need it. How ever I found that it was very annoying as I would see some hurt badly they would be looking at me I would through the crate down, they would run away. Almost as if they don't know you have to interact with it. I think it should be changed to running over it picks up the health pack . I.E still having the animation but forgoing having to manually pick it up. The battlefield community seems to be to dimwitted to press an extra button sometimes.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I jsut did it with my mate and got ZERO points off about 20 heals. I'm not going to assume that it's only team members who have to heal and not squad mates, in some daft way to make it more diffucult but as least fun as possible
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    passively healing for 5% per sec would at least make them viable imo.
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You on PC? If so I'll help you get it done. Can make a private squad and I'll jump off ledges and heal off the crates.

    A buddy with incendiary nades near a ammo dump works well too.
  • OldSkoolIce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Just goes to show how useless medic crates are in their current state, completely pointless.

    Agree!
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Tides of War is illustrating how much of the community doesn't work with their squad. Such has always been known by players in general, but now there is pretty obvious evidence of it.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Hycor wrote: »
    Explain cancer ...you ****????

    I sure hope you will feel the pain someday
    ****

    Comparing a videogame to cancer is totally inappropriate, it seems to happen all the time in the in game chat too. What is wrong with you?
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    I absolutely cannot stand when people use the "C" word in relation to a video game.

    Grow up!

    Calm down, its a common internet synonym for things that are very bad. My mother just survived cancer and I am prone to get cancer as I get older because I have much cancer in my family tree. But I dont get upset when some is using the word cancer to describe something that is very bad.

    The medical crate assignment is cancer, in fact much in this game is cancer right now: the bugs, the nerfed planes, tides of war holding content for weeks, etc.
    But it is still a fun game and I like it, despite some things being cancer.

    And for those who haven't survived?
    Those who use this life destroying illness to describe a video game have clearly not grown up or indeed not lost a loved one.
    Would you still use the term if your Mother lost her battle?
    I don't think so

    Under that same logic, should murdered, owned, and destroyed be barred from adjective use in regards to gaming?

    People have been murdered, owned, and literally destroyed in one way or another.

    How far would you like your feelings to matter in relation to how others speak, Mr. Fascist?
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have completed this, And yes.. It was. Yeah.

    I know that it can be hard to see, But come on.. putting the crate right in front of team mates that are seriously injured, like only having 10-15 hp left and they still only looks at it and then runs away like mindless headless drones.

    It begs the Question, Are the majority of BF players stupid? I always take a bandage or replenish health if i aren't already at 100%.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I think Tides of War is illustrating how much of the community doesn't work with their squad. Such has always been known by players in general, but now there is pretty obvious evidence of it.


    Or because these crates take forever to plop down, that most people have already moved passed them it doesn't matter, in fact that is the case.


  • Necron_Canaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a friend help me in the end, just spawned near some barbed wire and ran back and forth over it till 1hp then healed up from the box resupply. Pretty bad mission design that you can't complete playing regular. :(
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I think Tides of War is illustrating how much of the community doesn't work with their squad. Such has always been known by players in general, but now there is pretty obvious evidence of it.


    Or because these crates take forever to plop down, that most people have already moved passed them it doesn't matter, in fact that is the case.


    Wait...you're deploying the crate to heal people?

    You might want to double-check what the crate does. Also, you know they can't be a medic and gain benefit from another medic's crate right?

  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am having the same issue with the medi-crate assignment, been dropping the box everywhere I can, half the time it falls through the floor the rest of the time it gets ignored. Between me and a squad mate we boosted his assignment and will be doing the same for me.
    I think the issue with the assignment though is that it was designed around a squad playing together, over voip, not playing with randoms, having said that, it wouldn't be hard for players to use the box.

    Also you have to consider where you are placing the box, people won't leave their bit of cover to get healed then move back, they want the heal to come to them, via pouches. If they made healing similar to the BR mode games where you have to actualy bandage and could carry a couple that would go a long way to alleviate this issue.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the issue with the assignment though is that it was designed around a squad playing together, over voip, not playing with randoms, having said that, it wouldn't be hard for players to use the box.
Sign In or Register to comment.